What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Belta

Juniors
After initially deciding not to punish myself with watching a depressing game of football on Friday night I’m now having second thoughts. Could the posts that have cleverly unearthed a series of coincidences, namely Possum turning 66 on 26/6 and us missing 6 players (apparently down to 24 of our top 30) be a good omen 666? Is it a clear message to the fans that we are in for a spiritual win with the margin being of course 6 points? Nup can’t risk it, I’ll record the game and while watching gardening Australia do score checks. If by some miracle we win I’ll watch the recording and whilst convincing myself that I don’t know the result, yep that’s what I’ll do

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
After initially deciding not to punish myself with watching a depressing game of football on Friday night I’m now having second thoughts. Could the posts that have cleverly unearthed a series of coincidences, namely Possum turning 66 on 26/6 and us missing 6 players (apparently down to 24 of our top 30) be a good omen 666? Is it a clear message to the fans that we are in for a spiritual win with the margin being of course 6 points? Nup can’t risk it, I’ll record the game and while watching gardening Australia do score checks. If by some miracle we win I’ll watch the recording and whilst convincing myself that I don’t know the result, yep that’s what I’ll do
It’s never the same not live, just jump on the Dragons roller coaster and witness first hand an inspirational win or another nail in the coffin.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Argghhh... stuff it! I’m predicting a Dragons

I know I’m being an optimist, but there is still a chance. Clune is getting more time and starting to gain confidence, and I expect a good game from the forwards (though Friz looks a little disinterested) and less mistakes than recently. Fingers crossed boys and girls!

Walpole

Juniors
A slightly more balanced side for mine. I like Kerr off the bench to add some impact. Vaughan has impact and Lawrie is a workhorse. So Kerr and Host have a similar dynamic. I’d shift Rava across though, Tupou is going to have a field day with Rava.
Unfortunately I think Rava is in over his head on either side of the field - BMoz or Tupou could both make him look silly. Maybe Saab could learn a few things though if he was put on Tupou.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Unfortunately I think Rava is in over his head on either side of the field - BMoz or Tupou could both make him look silly. Maybe Saab could learn a few things though if he was put on Tupou.

Rava is in over his head playing first grade footy against Anyone.

it’s now Saab’s time to shine.

he’s talked the talk...now it’s time to walk the walk.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I agree with that. Tupou is the prototype that he he should follow. If Tupou give him a bath it would at the very least bring him back to earth. If he goes well he will obviously cement his spot and probably be worthy of an upgrade.

RedVDave

First Grade

So long as he doesn't walk out the door, I have very high hopes for this young man hopefully McWreckor doesn't drop him after not shining in 1 or 2 games playing against elite teams.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Yep
Rav’s always gonna be a 50%er
(Like Norman)

And I’d play Sailor 5/8 & Ford in the centres until Flanno deems a Feagai ready.
Blacker on the bench

Nice to see Duff & Zac responding to having gotten McMonkey off their backs.

So the trisecting of Mc113 has worked a treat eh
Webb
On your
Day 79

Masterstroke of selection engineering for Andrew’s Plaything

I credit Albert & Dousty for reading the riot act
(Remember McFail ultimately caused Pete all the Oust Doust pain)

And he’s now manoeuvred himself onto the Board as executioner

So,
14 days to the sacking of Mc25% on your 93rd day of delay

Then the top flight players will come knocking for 2021

...while the kids bide their time with Albert’s Deano

... waiting for Wayne,
the cleanout
and the ‘21 Title in the bag

Only he can do the
cleanout as before

Proven like Provan

Nice centenary announcement for you Webby

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It's going to be interesting re Saab. If i were Robinson, I'd be instructing Keary and Flanagan to kick down his side, then get the forwards to hit him hard in defense. I hope his body can handle it.

Our back 3 are heart-attack material defensively.
Lets hope they get enough opportunities in attack.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All I'm hearing is he's in doubt. My club has a tendency to play it safe and not rush them back where possible.

That said, Trent Robinson does play his cards "close to his chest" so anything is possible. Not trying to be evasive, just he is nigh hard to predict at times is all.
I hope he does play I need him in SuperCoach, and I’d rather play the Roosters at 100% just to give our BOD and owners a real gauge as to where we at.

SBD82

Coach
All I'm hearing is he's in doubt. My club has a tendency to play it safe and not rush them back where possible.

That said, Trent Robinson does play his cards "close to his chest" so anything is possible. Not trying to be evasive, just he is nigh hard to predict at times is all.
I don’t think that’s evasive. The club genuinely may not know at this stage. Concussion is a funny one. Can seem totally fine for a few days and then symptoms show later.

Part of me is hoping he doesn’t play, because the things he’s likely to do to our middle defense and on the fringes will be brutal to watch.

On the other hand, I’m kind of hoping he plays. I think we lose regardless, and if he plays I get to watch an incredibly talented footballer do his thing.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope he does play I need him in SuperCoach, and I’d rather play the Roosters at 100% just to give our BOD and owners a real gauge as to where we at.
It is far better to play teams at full strength. It enables us, coaches and the players themselves to see how good, bad or indifferent we are as a team. A win against a full strength team of course means a great big tick and a boost to confidence, while a loss (particularly a bad one) would mean a bold cross and back to the old business as usual.

LINESPEED

Juniors

After 7 years of McDecline the stats tell us unambiguously where we’re at or likely to be:

10.4 on the NRL Ladder

And on the decline,

15th & 12th being our worst 2 positions of late.

Might that be telling the stat-blind Gordons something?

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
It’s never the same not live, just jump on the Dragons roller coaster and witness first hand an inspirational win or another nail in the coffin.
Is rather be at the game.
But there are no expectations for this game.
Unlike other dragons games.
That way you avoid a high level disappointment.

getsmarty

Immortal

Wouldn't make any difference in terms of the result ...you could trot out your reserve grade team and they would still beat us...If I was Robbo, I'd rest half the team...

Latest posts