What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

Jane Murray

Bench
That's your opinion and it doesn't reflect the law and the community's values. In my view, that is a compete over reaction. What he did wasn't nice. He filmed himself having consensual sex and the partner didn't agree to being filmed. He didn't rape, physically assault or kill somebody. He also didn't distribute the film.

He was 20 years old, a kid with very little experience of life and he made a very stupid mistake. He has been punished, humiliated and exposed to the community at large. Enough already.
He was 22, not 20.
And he is an adult. He can vote, drink, drive, and enlist. He knew better.

Kilkenny

Coach
Leaving aside the issues around Tyrone May for a moment, particularly given despite being name in the 21 for tomorrow night he is not going to be in our 17.

At golf today the non involved player (footy fan) in our foursome made the valid point the Bunnies go into tomorrow night on the back of two soft wins while we have had two intense games against the Eels and Storm. He felt we could be ripe for the taking and may be unable to get up for the game off the back of two intense contests. It was an interesting point he made and even more interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow night. I hope he is way wrong and we are up for it but I hadn’t given much thought to the points he made.

soc123_au

Staff member
Leaving aside the issues around Tyrone May for a moment, particularly given despite being name in the 21 for tomorrow night he is not going to be in our 17.

At golf today the non involved player (footy fan) in our foursome made the valid point the Bunnies go into tomorrow night on the back of two soft wins while we have had two intense games against the Eels and Storm. He felt we could be ripe for the taking and may be unable to get up for the game off the back of two intense contests. It was an interesting point he made and even more interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow night. I hope he is way wrong and we are up for it but I hadn’t given much thought to the points he made.
It could also go the other way for the same reasons. Bunnies could be complacent after 2 relatively soft games as opposed to being hardened.

Jane Murray

Bench

Make it three, the Knights game.

Panther Mick

Juniors

Valid points.
I think Souths are pretenders. Good enough to play finals but not good enough to go to the next level.
There are vulnerable up the middle.
Still dangerous enough to beat us if we don't turn up though.

WestyLife

First Grade

It has been known to happen. Guess it all depends on the mentality of the team. I'd bet it's good with guys like Yeo leading our middle.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He is a grub.

So you personally know the bloke?

I don't but this is what I think.....

What May did was horrible and grotty, (sadly I think many young ones record their sexual exploits) as if to say if there is no video it didn't happen.

He was caught and was punished far harsher than the courts to be banned for 12months.

Yep he was caught during lockdown drinking with friends at a party. Hardly a hangable offence. Again he was punished harsher than the law of the land by getting another 2 game suspension.

Saying that he should never play in the game again is a complete over reaction.

He did the crime did the time.

If Cleary chooses to pick him for Thursday night, I am more than happy. He is a talented footballer who is a perfect number 14 super sub.

I also remember some wise words 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'.......

Kilkenny

Coach
In isolation it’s not a hanging offence, but the fact he got into trouble again before his other suspension had finished speaks volumes about his character.

Herbert, you have a strong view in respect of Tyrone May and I respect that. Your position has the same merits as those who choose to support him. I do think however the club has chosen to support him so it is probably time to accept there decision regardless of where any individuals positions lays.

Herbert, you have a strong view in respect of Tyrone May and I respect that. Your position has the same merits as those who choose to support him. I do think however the club has chosen to support him so it is probably time to accept there decision regardless of where any individuals positions lays.

No.

I’ll continue to voice what I think.

How boring with these discussion boards be if people just “accepted the club’s decisions”

How many times has it got to be pointed out that the whole point of these boards is to discuss these topics?!

If you don’t like it put me on ignore.

At what stage do you let it go mate? The decision has been made. He is here for the remainder of 2020. What happens beyond this season who knows, he could end up at the Gold Coast Titans next season and beyond?

When I bloody well want to, tosspot.

f**k you’re a painful individual.

Jane Murray

Bench
So you personally know the bloke?

I don't but this is what I think.....

What May did was horrible and grotty, (sadly I think many young ones record their sexual exploits) as if to say if there is no video it didn't happen.

He was caught and was punished far harsher than the courts to be banned for 12months.

Yep he was caught during lockdown drinking with friends at a party. Hardly a hangable offence. Again he was punished harsher than the law of the land by getting another 2 game suspension.

Saying that he should never play in the game again is a complete over reaction.

He did the crime did the time.

If Cleary chooses to pick him for Thursday night, I am more than happy. He is a talented footballer who is a perfect number 14 super sub.
Alice, I know a few who has been victims of this crime.
I also remember some wise words 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone'.......

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm all for serving your punishment and getting on with life, in fact it's the value I agree with most but the fact he got into trouble a second tine while still under punishment for the first offense should be given consideration.

Jane Murray

Bench
I know of people who have been victims of crimes like that. No I do not know him, I am entitled to my views. This was in response to Alice's comment.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
When I bloody well want to, tosspot.

f**k you’re a painful individual.

Mate, I respected your position on this issue even if I think we need to move on.

I don’t get what you don’t seem to get.

You would have preferred to see him sacked, I was neither either way. The club has chosen to keep him on so it is what it is.

Mate, I respected your position on this issue even if I think we need to move on.

I don’t get what you don’t seem to get.

You would have preferred to see him sacked, I was neither either way. The club has chosen to keep him on so it is what it is.

If you just left it at “respecting my position” then fine. But you do as you always have done, tell people to stop talking about a particular subject. You’re an absolute punish.

If you don’t like me talking about something you’ve got two options.

1. Put me on ignore

2. Don’t reply to my posts

If you can’t do one of those two simple things, then f**k right off.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you just left it at “respecting my position” then fine. But you do as you always have done, tell people to stop talking about a particular subject. You’re an absolute punish.

If you don’t like me talking about something you’ve got two options.

1. Put me on ignore

2. Don’t reply to my posts

If you can’t do one of those two simple things, then f**k right off.

I am more than happy to read your posts and to respond to them where I think I can contribute.

I don’t have the hate to you that you do towards me but that’s fine.

Hopefully have a win tomorrow night, to get thinks back on thread.

I am more than happy to read your posts and to respond to them where I think I can contribute.

I don’t have the hate to you that you do towards me but that’s fine.

Hopefully have a win tomorrow night, to get thinks back on thread.

The only reason I express hate towards you is because you have continually, for years now, tried to tell people to stop talking about particular subjects.

Latest posts