What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LETS BE POSITIVE

Kilkenny

Coach
Not true at all. It is most definitely possible, as it's happened.

Could it not be that we just don't play to the new rules yet? Does it HAVE to be some kind of conspiracy against our side (which, if you say it out loud, sounds pretty ridiculous)?

Why would the Panthers, a middling team at best, get so much biased from the officials? The answer is there really isn't a reason.

Blaming the refs, or trying to find some kind of bias against us in particular, is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

The six again restarts seem to being dished out like candy on Easter morning in almost every game that I have watched. These are in addition to normal penalties.

There needn’t be any conspiracy but something is wrong and we have every right for Ivan to be raising concerns at NRL headquarters because on the evidence I have seen our discipline around the ruck is certainly no worse than any other side I have seen, particularly involving the two games where we didn’t get 1 restart. Call it strange, unusual or odd whatever term you like but something is not right unless we are the most ill disciplined team in the competition.

If it was the situation it was 7 restarts against 3 for I could understand things but to not get 1 in 170 minutes of football is frankly bizarre.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The six again restarts seem to being dished out like candy on Easter morning in almost every game that I have watched. These are in addition to normal penalties.

There needn’t be any conspiracy but something is wrong and we have every right for Ivan to be raising concerns at NRL headquarters because on the evidence I have seen our discipline around the ruck is certainly no worse than any other side I have seen, particularly involving the two games where we didn’t get 1 restart. Call it strange, unusual or odd whatever term you like but something is not right unless we are the most ill disciplined team in the competition.

If it was the situation it was 7 restarts against 3 for I could understand things but to not get 1 in 170 minutes of football is frankly bizarre.
Ok, so what would Ivan say exactly?

Ivan: "So, we haven't had any 6 agains lately... Do you guys have anything against us?"

NRL HQ: "Sorry, who are you again?"

Ivan: "It's Ivan, coach of the Panthers..."

NRL HQ: "Oh yeah... No, nothing against you guys at all"

Ivan: "Well it's just that we've had games where we didn't get a single restart. It's not fair!"

NRL HQ: "..... ever think your team just aren't as disciplined as others?"

Ivan: "No, it can't be that.... It HAS to be some kind of bias agai..."

NRL HQ: *click*

WestyLife

First Grade

Ivan: "So, we haven't had any 6 agains lately... Do you guys have anything against us?"

Ivan: "Well it's just that we've had games where we didn't get a single restart. It's not fair!"

giphy.gif

Kilkenny

Coach

Mate, seriously you don’t see it as an issue, I do. Given your position no NRL coach would ever, ever go the NRL seeking clarification on referee issues.

NRL coaches do all the time, as they have a right to do.

Your attitude is silly, plain silly. If we have a problem then it is entirely appropriate we should approach the powers that be and seek to address what it is that we are doing wrong!!!!

It hasn’t as yet cost us two points, but continuing to incur lopsided six again restarts will eventually catch up with us and it will cost us games.

The point I am simply making, which escapes you totally is I haven’t seen any evidence we are 7 restarts worse than any other side!!!!

ACTPanthers

Bench
Mate, seriously you don’t see it as an issue, I do. Given your position no NRL coach would ever, ever go the NRL seeking clarification on referee issues.

NRL coaches do all the time, as they have a right to do.

Your attitude is silly, plain silly. If we have a problem then it is entirely appropriate we should approach the powers that be and seek to address what it is that we are doing wrong!!!!

It hasn’t as yet cost us two points, but continuing to incur lopsided six again restarts will eventually catch up with us and it will cost us games.

The point I am simply making, which escapes you totally is I haven’t seen any evidence we are 7 restarts worse than any other side!!!!
Hang on a minute there chief... You call me silly for having an opinion that we are not officiated differently than other teams...? Really? I mean, f**king really?

And no, I'm not saying coaches can't go to the officials and seek clarification on rulings, what I AM saying, is that if a coach goes to the NRL and says "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" they'll be, rightfully so, laughed out of the f**king building.

I also don't give a f**k how many exclamation marks you use after your sentences, it doesn't make it right.

I, personally, think we should work on our discipline before we look at unfair officiating... But hey, what would I know...? I'm just plain silly....

Kilkenny

Coach
Hang on a minute there chief... You call me silly for having an opinion that we are not officiated differently than other teams...? Really? I mean, f**king really?

And no, I'm not saying coaches can't go to the officials and seek clarification on rulings, what I AM saying, is that if a coach goes to the NRL and says "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" they'll be, rightfully so, laughed out of the f**king building.

I also don't give a f**k how many exclamation marks you use after your sentences, it doesn't make it right.

I, personally, think we should work on our discipline before we look at unfair officiating... But hey, what would I know...? I'm just plain silly....

Well I tend not to use words that begin with f and require asterisks for a start that’s not my go.

Again, I will restate the only point I was ever trying to make in the first instance. We have a problem with the officials and we need to get it fixed.

You clearly think we don’t have an issue with the officials, it all our fault, it’s our own ill discipline. We’ll I’m sorry to having upset so much given your language but I don’t see it that way.

Kilkenny is a f**kwit. Has been for years.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kilkenny is a f**kwit. Has been for years.

That’s a big call. What would you base that on?

Am I a troll?

Am I not a true fan?

What is it that I say, that make’s me a f**kwit as you refer to me?

Currently locking horn’s horns with ACT Panthers but that’s all good. He clearly has a different opinion to mine, I don’t disrespect him for it, I know he is a valued member of this forum so our differences of opinion hopefully will pass.

I don’t take any offence by you believing me to be a f**kwit. I have had membership and supported this club since 1970 and I am proud of it. When my time is up I hope my ashes can be spread on Panther Stadium they have been such a big part of my life that is how much they mean to me.

If I have offended you and I clearly have, I am sorry for that, but that doesn’t change a thing and I hope it is many years before my ashes are laid to rest on Panthers Stadium and just maybe one more premiership in between,

no problems with officials mmmm klien not even a 25% win rate under that ref.....he has found a new way to cheat by giving the other team set restarts whist none to the panthers

WestyLife

First Grade
no problems with officials mmmm klien not even a 25% win rate under that ref.....he has found a new way to cheat by giving the other team set restarts whist none to the panthers

Klein isn't out to get us. In many of the games we've won the penalty counts etc. It's our errors and poor defence that's lost the games in the past.

Blues Riff

Bench
Whether it's the refs that hate us or it's us with our bad discipline, something's up. Ivan needs to find out exactly what they want, and give it to them. This should be a major focus at training, getting of the tackled player REAL QUICK. Make it absolutely obvious that we're trying to comply. The team is good enough to lose a second or two. We may even start to benefit.

WestyLife

First Grade
Whether it's the refs that hate us or it's us with our bad discipline, something's up. Ivan needs to find out exactly what they want, and give it to them. This should be a major focus at training, getting of the tackled player REAL QUICK. Make it absolutely obvious that we're trying to comply. The team is good enough to lose a second or two. We may even start to benefit.

Yeah the refs will like us more if we appear to be trying to work with them.

Panfa

Juniors
Ivans too nice a guy to question the refs about 6 again.The old saying if the baby doesnt cry the baby doesnt get fed.In other words if nothing is said nothing will change.Its so obvious the refs have it in for us 90 mins agsinst knights not 1 6 again 80 mins against the biggest grubs not 1 6 again strike me pink.

WestyLife

First Grade
Ivans too nice a guy to question the refs about 6 again.The old saying if the baby doesnt cry the baby doesnt get fed.In other words if nothing is said nothing will change.Its so obvious the refs have it in for us 90 mins agsinst knights not 1 6 again 80 mins against the biggest grubs not 1 6 again strike me pink.

Ivan did speak to them though.

forby

Juniors
Ivan did speak to them though.
Bellamy spoke to the refs about the imbalance of only getting 6 for and 11 against in the 3 games. Remarkably they turned it around and got 7 straight against us. We now have 7 for and 21 against. Manly is the only other top 8 team in deficit (19-11). How are we sitting in equal second when we are getting more restarts against us than any other team? If we were that undisciplined there is no way we would be where we are. It just makes you wonder sometimes!

ACTPanthers

Bench
Well I tend not to use words that begin with f and require asterisks for a start that’s not my go.

Again, I will restate the only point I was ever trying to make in the first instance. We have a problem with the officials and we need to get it fixed.

You clearly think we don’t have an issue with the officials, it all our fault, it’s our own ill discipline. We’ll I’m sorry to having upset so much given your language but I don’t see it that way.
So you think you're better than me because, God forbid, I say the word f**k? Ok, you do you bro...

We do have an issue with officials, we give away too many penalties, and don't get as many... end of.

Again, the refs are NOT officiating us differently because we're the Panthers. That is stretching the longbow if that is your position.