What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonsamy

Bench
We should bring in Thurston to do a few sessions with him. He was once regarded too small. He could probably give him some handy pointers. Certainly more than Mary anyway. Paid of course.

Also being a young Aboriginal boy he probably appreciate thurston's input I assume he would have growning up thurston as Hero

TruSaint

Referee
That I would believe somewhat as they are the only team worse than us. That is a club that truly needs to be blown up and rebranded.

Blown up and relocated. They can take up the second BNE franchise.
No point rebranding.

Chargers / Seagulls/ Crushers/ Titans. hasn't worked.
It's a lovely part of the world, but doesnt seem to work for football franchises.

Even the AFL struggle. The GC Suns have finished 12th to 18th each and every season, and their crowds have gone down from 19k to 10k over that time.

getsmarty

Immortal
READY'S MAIL | Dragons Set To Pickup Queensland Origin Enforcer
ON THE RUSH HOUR WITH MG
YWdl

Getty Images

On Thursday afternoon, James Graham officially departed the St George Illawarra Dragons after being granted a release.

And it seems as though Paul McGregor has set his sight on a replacement, who is one of two players that want out of their club.

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/re...t-to-pickup-queensland-origin-enforcer-163068

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No point rebranding.

It's a lovely part of the world, but doesnt seem to work for football franchises.

Even the AFL struggle. The GC Suns have finished 12th to 18th each and every season, and their crowds have gone down from 19k to 10k over that time.
I tend to agree, but for the fact its just such a cheesy uniform and cheesy logo. Plus it needs to be more focussed on not being a Qld team and being the team of northern NSW, Southern Qld maybe playing every second home game at Suncorp. I wouldn't be against the NRL to allow them a slightly higher cap to gain traction if they rebranded.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Even though we are being linked to everyone under the sun such as

- Addo Carr
- Vunivalu
- Koroibete
- Rapana

Etc

I honestly have the belief that we will sign no body

We don’t have the pull power to entice players to join

Unfortunately I have to agree with you-our "loyal to Mary" board has seen to that-What player wants to be selected and coached by a committee?- Rapana I wouldn't bother with anyway-just doesn't have the explosiveness of the others.

Hopefully after we lose the next three matches, the Board will have to move and get Shaun Wane on board or Griffin- but that's logic speaking not money and we have a tightwad Board.

Como Connection

First Grade
No point rebranding.

Crushers were a Brisbane team.
Gladiators were a GC team and I think the Giants were also.
My beanie.
CC
20200625_201441.jpg

Attachments

• 20200625_201433.jpg
    20200625_201433.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 2

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Titans went from having some good forwards in Ryan James, Shannon Boyd, Jarrod Wallace and have destroyed them all.. A change of scenery may be good.
Ryan James is good but riddled with injuries, Boyd was good at Canberra but I think he got lazy up there, and maybe his size doesn’t suit the modern game but Wallace I haven’t seen much of. He would probably go well for us. Not a world beater but at 28 he’s about in his prime so in all honesty I think he’d be at least like for like with Graham and probably worth a punt. I’d prefer Fifita, Saifiti or Ese’ese but can’t see any coming over.