What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

mxlegend99

Referee
Good solid win.

Thought Tamou was fantastic from the start tonight. JFH is just ridiculous.

Anyone who can’t see the value of Whare, watch the last 10 with Burns at centre. Granted an actual centre would likely defend better.
You mean the try where the game was over and no one really gave a f**k? That's a consolation try and regularly happens. Nath was off the field too and he's the one constantly bailing that turnstyle Whare out.

Intensity dropped. Could easily blame Burton for it as much as Burns. How many times have they defended that edge together? Doubt it was ever trainedto do that way

Panfa

Juniors
Good solid win tonight happy to be top of the ladder even if it means temporarily.Whare was flat footed for souths 1st try and dont compare billy burns to whare burns shouldnt even be in the side he offers nothing.Naden has to be in the run on side its either mansour or whare you cant keep him out.Ran for 238m scored a try tackled well and ran hard unlucky not to get a double tonight nado.

betcats

Referee
Jerome played well, he is good for 2-3 set restarts and penalties a game though the last two weeks, he’s gotta improve that discipline.

martielang

Bench
You mean the try where the game was over and no one really gave a f**k? That's a consolation try and regularly happens. Nath was off the field too and he's the one constantly bailing that turnstyle Whare out.

Intensity dropped. Could easily blame Burton for it as much as Burns. How many times have they defended that edge together? Doubt it was ever trainedto do that way

Even by your standards that was a big bite.

But my point stands.

mxlegend99

Referee
Even by your standards that was a big bite.

But my point stands.
We hook our right edge because the game is won. You want to slam the guys who were thrown in with no time to warm into the game after the teams intensity had dropped?

It was poor defence. But get real. That was not close to a sample worth judging off. The game had changed. Half that edge changed. The game was well and truly over.

Amazing how everyone wants to bail out Whare who in 7 games is yet to contribute a single thing to out attacking stats yet they defend all his negative defensive stats.

People said Mansours metres couldn't be replacedt Yet Naden looked better in his first game on the wing than Josh has in years. He should only improve with match conditioning and more experience on the wing.

Fangs

Coach
Whare coming off didn't look like injury. Just a way to get other players back on the field.

Cleary cut out ball to Crichton. Sure they only had 12 men (Or was it 11?) but it was nice to see. It literally isn't a feature of his game and seeing him open up a bit more will make the opposition think twice.

On that play, Crichton bombed it. Dummy play was on with Latrell defending at the back.

Martin playing injured as well, looked like a bicep. That could be serious, I think it sometimes players can get through it while they are still warm. Kinda like a pec injury.

mxlegend99

Referee
Much better side with Edwards in over Aekins
Edwards also a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Looks bigger, faster & his ball playing has improved too.
Aekins offered literally just nothing. Edwards in form is a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 player. My biggest concern was how he could return. But thankfully unlike last year he has returned well.

martielang

Bench
We hook our right edge because the game is won. You want to dlsm the guys who were yhrown in with no yime to warm into the gsmr after the teams intensity had dropped?

It was poor defence. But get real. That was not close to a sample worth judging off. The game had changed. Half that edge changed. The game wasw and truly over.

Amazing how everyone wants to bail out Whate who in 7 games is yet to contribute a single thing to out attacking stats yet they defend all his negative defensive stats.

People said Mansours metres coulfnt be replacedtoo. Yet Naden looked better in his first game on the wing than Josh has in years. He should only improve with match conditioning and more experience on the wing.

think he got a line break assist tonight so could you please amend your 3rd paragraph.

WestyLife

First Grade
I am very happy with the style of play. Structurally very good.

Luai is getting better and better at 6. Looks like he had to remember he could play as a half after being on the bench so long.

I still think Burton should get on somewhere.

Nathan is a much better half than anyone gave him credit for last year.

People said Mansours metres couldn't be replacedt Yet Naden looked better in his first game on the wing than Josh has in years. He should only improve with match conditioning and more experience on the wing.

I wonder if the meters our wingers are gaining are more to do with our dominant forward pack than the wingers themselves? The forwards are creating the room to move.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can we just enjoy the win instead of dissecting the boys.We just come through a 3 game tough run and won 2 out of 3
This is a great squad still learning .We had great controll of this game and will get better and better in the next few weeks
I will finish by saying up the panthers

I totally agree. Media said Nathan spent yesterday and last night in hospital with the infection on his head. Yet he comes out of his sick bed and performs like that.

The scoreline flattered South.

In the last 3 weeks we have played Parra, Melbourne and Souths. If anybody had said at the beginning of the we would be top of the table, and winning 2 of these games we would have been happy.

I'm choosing to enjoy it.

Not about to pull anyone in the team apart.

A good team win.

Latest posts