What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
READY'S MAIL | Dragons Set To Pickup Queensland Origin Enforcer
ON THE RUSH HOUR WITH MG
YWdl

Getty Images

On Thursday afternoon, James Graham officially departed the St George Illawarra Dragons after being granted a release.

And it seems as though Paul McGregor has set his sight on a replacement, who is one of two players that want out of their club.

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/re...t-to-pickup-queensland-origin-enforcer-163068

Classic McGregor move. And there you have it in black and white, it's a McGregor signing (if it is even true).

The only saving grace here is that it could be on loan, one hopes so.

Gareth67

First Grade
Considering there are not many ‘ middle ‘ flight forwards on the market at present , Jarrod Wallace could be a suitable buy for the Red V . The man certainly is no James Graham , but if he does come here with the right attitude ( to kick-start his career ) then he along with Vaughan could make a decent set of bookends for our pack .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Probably will be announced today on our website.
Hopefully, I will say forwards have tended to well with us. Vaughan was a bench player at Canberra behind Paulo and Boyd now he plays for Australia. Both Friz and Sims debuted for NSW with us. Could have just been naturally that they developed then but I think Wallace could do well with us. Admittedly I haven’t seen him play a lot though. I seldom watch the tits unless it’s vs us.

denis preston

First Grade
Hopefully, I will say forwards have tended to well with us. Vaughan was a bench player at Canberra behind Paulo and Boyd now he plays for Australia. Both Friz and Sims debuted for NSW with us. Could have just been naturally that they developed then but I think Wallace could do well with us. Admittedly I haven’t seen him play a lot though. I seldom watch the tits unless it’s vs us.
Interesting what the new coach thinks and perhaps has even had a say in this recrutment !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wallace played for Qld 6 times I think so he can't be that bad. But for a rookie coach to not play him he must not be adapting to the new rules as he is a big bopper.

This is where Kerr needs to step up and take this opportunity with both hands and cement a spot in the starting 13 partnering Vaughn. He definitely has the potential.

blacksafake

First Grade
Considering the market right now, I don't know what kind of signing anyone expected to replace Graham. In fact, considering the circumstances this is a great result. Wallace has a ceiling much higher than current Graham
He was pretty good when at the broncos providing some good go forward & energy but seems to have lost a leg since going to the Titans.

_Johnsy

Referee
Ryan James is good but riddled with injuries, Boyd was good at Canberra but I think he got lazy up there, and maybe his size doesn’t suit the modern game but Wallace I haven’t seen much of. He would probably go well for us. Not a world beater but at 28 he’s about in his prime so in all honesty I think he’d be at least like for like with Graham and probably worth a punt. I’d prefer Fifita, Saifiti or Ese’ese but can’t see any coming over.
Ese’ese is a very good chance to end up at the Titans if he leaves Newie, I know for a fact they are extremely keen & have 2.5-3 mill to spend next year.

getsmarty

Immortal

Latest posts