What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

redv13

Bench
Banged $150 on a head to head win. Problem is if we win he will put his face on that screen as if to say it’s all me. And if we lose hopefully he is gone.
Did you just flush it down the toilet?? Mate we’re no hope tomorrow, hence the $7.50 .

Gareth67

First Grade
I sincerely hope that the boys can pull themselves together and play some decent footy tomorrow , but unfortunately they are up against a in-form Rorters outfit whom I believe will show no mercy .

Robbo and his chicks have always enjoyed getting a win over our mob and I fear that he - Robinson will tell his players to score as many points as possible against us , just to rub salt into the maestros wounds.

I do hope that I am wrong .

BLM01

First Grade
We are probably still $7.50 so the bookies still think Roosters do not have enough players out.
But dont worry after you watch Mary's pre game interview we can all see that McWinLittle and the club have our house in order[/QUOTE]

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Why do the nrl even let the coaches near the rule book to begin with? Every coach that goes into the meeting will look to changes things to benefit his team. Coaches make decisions with one thing in mind. Winning. As for Friday night, 7:55pm ch9 to I might add, this could get ugly. Tedesco according to fox sports via daily telegraph is in doubt, if he doesn’t play maybe, just maybe we are a small percentage chance ?? Wishful thinking I know.
Did anybody see the game a few weeks ago no Tedesco, Morris at full back humming still expecting a long night but GO THE BIG RED. VVVV

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Looking at their bench and the fact Friend looked injured last week I think our bench is pretty on par with theirs maybe better. It’s actually evened out a bit now but for the small issue of the coach.

RedVDave

First Grade
The really sad thing is apart from Penrith we haven't played any good teams this year, Roosters are going to teach us a footballing lesson tonight.

Dragon David

First Grade
Our guys need to play this game at speed and tough it out. Just hit hard in attack and defence. Maintain a very high possession rate by limiting mistakes and not give away penalties and many 6 agains. They need to do more offloads.

Just play the game as the Roosters play. Put loads of pressure on Morris and their halves.

Walpole

Juniors
You can't play the Roosters at their own game, they're too well drilled. If they show up at even 75% of their capabilities we can't beat them. The Dragons need to throw some things at them they aren't expecting, things that exploit their weaknesses (whatever they might be).

For that you need a game plan. For a game plan you need a coach.

Therein lies the problem.

Our guys need to play this game at speed and tough it out. Just hit hard in attack and defence. Maintain a very high possession rate by limiting mistakes and not give away penalties and many 6 agains. They need to do more offloads.

Just play the game as the Roosters play. Put loads of pressure on Morris and their halves.
It would be good if they can play like you describe, but I fear man for man the rorters can play that game better. Watching last weeks games the rorters looked slick whereas in comparison against the weak Titans, Dragons looked sluggish. How many offloads has Frizzell made this season?

Dragon David

First Grade
It would be good if they can play like you describe, but I fear man for man the rorters can play that game better. Watching last weeks games the rorters looked slick whereas in comparison against the weak Titans, Dragons looked sluggish. How many offloads has Frizzell made this season?
Yes I agree and particularly with Tyson's approach to the games with no offloads. He is just going through the motions I think.
The Roosters players know what they have in each other and play to their strengths. Everything they do has to be done with perfection in mind. We need to build on this very much and to strengthen our mindset to want to do things right all of the time but with no pressure applied.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes I agree and particularly with Tyson's approach to the games with no offloads. He is just going through the motions I think.
The Roosters players know what they have in each other and play to their strengths. Everything they do has to be done with perfection in mind. We need to build on this very much and to strengthen our mindset to want to do things right all of the time but with no pressure applied.
Not sure what people have been watching for the last how many ever years but Tyson is doing exactly he has always done.

You can count the number of offloads in his total career on 2 hands and the successful ones on 1 hand.

Just because he is leaving is no reason to say he is going through the motions as he for 1 is a far better person than to do that.

No doubt others have done that but not the Frizz he is still competing as he always has.

denis preston

First Grade
To win against the Roosters we will need to address the following:-
-Dropped balls by wingers and full-back.
-Dour defence.
-Exhilarating attack.
-Excellent goal kicking.
-Rapid passing.
-Backing up ball players.
I am so glad that Flanagan and Young get a vote in selections as Mc Gregor is hopeless. We now have multiple points of attack directed by Dufty, Norman, Clune, Mc Innes and Hunt. In the last two games and the Newcastle trial the backline plays have been exciting to watch. In trials and actual games this year the Dragons have won 3 out of 8 games which is not good. We should have won the Penrith game which we lost 32-28. If we had won that game we would have won 4 out of 8 games played. With the current team selections the team has some of the attacking flair of the Brian Smith coached teams of the 1990's. Fire up Dragons and roast those rorting Roosters!

Revival by name Revival by nature !!

denis preston

First Grade
Not sure what people have been watching for the last how many ever years but Tyson is doing exactly he has always done.

You can count the number of offloads in his total career on 2 hands and the successful ones on 1 hand.

Just because he is leaving is no reason to say he is going through the motions as he for 1 is a far better person than to do that.

No doubt others have done that but not the Frizz he is still competing as he always has.

What sort of better player would he be under a different coaching structure ? You can add that to the rest of the poor bastards out there !

Latest posts