What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left field recruitment

_Johnsy

Referee
I guess we haven’t seen Rugby players coming to league because of the money they are on. Guys like Ray Price, Ricky Stewart, Michael O’Conner, Wally Lewis....came to league for money.

I think Angus Creighton, Luke Keary and Cameron Murray came from Rugby?
Angus played league for all of his junior years & only played union in his senior (yr 11 & 12) at Scots College.100% a league lad.

Pretty much the same with Keary, 100% played league as a junior, yet made the Aussie schoolboy union side. However the same year played in the NSWCIS side in the national league championships.

Murray also replicates both above, definitely a league junior, but also played union at high school at Newington. He was their captain in his last year, the same year they won the GPS championship in 2015.

In short all 3 are league juniors.

Last edited:

John Tanious

Juniors
There is plenty of talent in rugby league not getting much of a run that we should be all over.

Burton, Naden maybe Martin from the Panthers
Guler , maybe Simmonson from Raiders
B Smith from Storm
Rudolf from Sharks

I would take the odd man out from Burns and Campbell Graham at South once Roberts back and firing, CG is a gun

Go to successful clubs and pick some of their younger talents, that dont look like getting a starting gig soon and sign them up. Surely a starting spot and money can lure some of them over

getsmarty

Immortal
There is plenty of talent in rugby league not getting much of a run that we should be all over.

B Smith from Storm
Rudolf from Sharks

I would take the odd man out from Burns and Campbell Graham at South once Roberts back and firing, CG is a gun

Go to successful clubs and pick some of their younger talents, that dont look like getting a starting gig soon and sign them up. Surely a starting spot and money can lure some of them over

All good in theory, BUT...we are a hard sell @ the moment....things need to stabilize...

John Tanious

Juniors
Sure but we need to identify the couple of them that we think we can build around and pay overs for.

Copying what Browny did with Ponga, then fingers crossed that will help others to follow suit

getsmarty

Immortal
Sure but we need to identify the couple of them that we think we can build around and pay overs for.

Copying what Browny did with Ponga, then fingers crossed that will help others to follow suit

Agree...we are looking....hence the Suli/Doeuhi interest and there were others...

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Thing is the way are thinking of structuring the pay now is the top tier players will get the lions share but any fringe Wallabies will be on considerably less. If they decide to strike or sit out the season maybe we could make an offer just to fill out this season with us to fill our squad and keep them fit. I just think it would be interesting to see
Plenty of talent in the rugby pool.

One thing we do need is a good lock. Any love for Ray Stone, over at Parra? Looks to have a good engine. Off contract at the end of 2020, not getting a lot of game time.
I would.

One thing we do need is a good lock. Any love for Ray Stone, over at Parra? Looks to have a good engine. Off contract at the end of 2020, not getting a lot of game time.
I would.

TruSaint

Referee
I would.
I would.

Barry, I believed you the first time :)

possm

Coach
I would.
We need to replace like with like or better. McInness should be our 80min lock with instructions just to concentrate on defending the middle and off-loading the ball to fellow forwards.

McInnes should also be relieved of the captaincy manly because on-field decisions have been poor and he has been giving away silly penalties at crrucial times during a game.

redv13

Bench
We need to replace like with like or better. McInness should be our 80min lock with instructions just to concentrate on defending the middle and off-loading the ball to fellow forwards.

McInnes should also be relieved of the captaincy manly because on-field decisions have been poor and he has been giving away silly penalties at crrucial times during a game.
McInnes should be relieved as captain.... the fittest person in the team who leads the defensive line set after set for 80 mins every week with no break. I’ve heard it all now possm. That’s one of your best mate!!! If we had 17 Cam McInnes We wouldn’t be in this mess. Go back to bashing Millward matey

TruSaint

Referee

No mate.

Cam made a few errors yesterday, but again he was the first off the kick off to force a dropout, tackled his heart out, ran as a 13, and led by EXAMPLE.

He is an asset and a leader.
If half the squad had his ticker we would be in the top 4.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

B Smith from Storm
Rudolf from Sharks

I’m a massive CG fan, they would be mad to get rid of him. I reckon he will be one of the best outside backs in the comp in the very near future.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

McInnes is an inspirational leader for us, probably the difference between us fighting for a top 8 spot and the whole club falling apart. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Como Connection

First Grade

If that happens Billy is the man to take the hooker spot.
CC

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We have the following fullback prospects:
Dufty - I believe his best position would be at 6.
Ramsey - He looks to be our long term fullback
Schiller - Could play anywhere in the back 5
Sailor - Will go to Brisbane
Lomax - Should satay at right centre

For me, we have quite a few good outside backs coming through. Sign the Morris Brothers and let these players push for NRL selection. B morris at 2 and J Morris at 4 could solve our left side issues. Saab at 5 and Lomax at 3 are well matched on the right.. Ramsey and B Morris to switch during a game as required.

According to BMOZ, he wanted to finish his career at SGI and offered his services before signing with the Roosters and we turned him down- doubt he will be wanting to give this basket case a second chance- particularly as the Roosters, even with their injury issues, look like three peaters.

Full back is now the most difficult position on the park and I would suggest we hasten slowly before anointing anyone as the answer to our problems. It's a case of many are called, but few are chosen