What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Brett Morris scored 112 tries for St.George and for whatever reason, he departed.
Since then, he has scored another 47 tries playing with other teams including a hatrick against his old club tonight.
Outplayed and outclassed both our wingers tonight and one wonders why we let a player of this calibre leave the club at all.
We also got torn apart by Keary tonight who we also made a big offer to come to play for St.George
We were trumped by Easts who have gone on to win 2 premierships with Keary at 5/8.
We were solid first half on the back of some improved defence.
Pop gun attack and customary second half fade were almost expected.
Panel of selectors and a bevy of assistants to prop up McGregor continues to wallpaper over the cracks and the main issue cruelling the club.
The group of players we have can definitely be moulded into a top 4 side - but not under the current coaching set up.
Broken record stuff I know...
Yeah mate...it’s a broken record but it’s spot on. Put it this way. If we had won tonight, the board would have been looking to re-sign McFlop for another 5 years. These sorts of losses shows he has no idea how to mould a team

tumbidragon

First Grade
Defensively inept as usual. Allowed them to offload at will and march themselves 80 metres up field every set. There is no starch in the middle. I’ve seen enough of Merrin, Lawrie and Sims. Get rid of them and recruit some strong middles. And Norman can piss off too.
100% Roosters played 2 men down and managed to have 8 players run for over 100m. 4 running over 200m... They always seemed to have 2-3 in every tackle. Very well drilled, composed and confident side. Everything we're not unfortunately.

BLM01

First Grade
Roosters. Already playing with players out and a restructured backline. Then go 2 men down early in the game. Terrible adversary to overcome. 10-10 at half time and... 16-2 in the second half to win.
Dragons. No excuses. No “good effort” our attack remains poor. Our “marque player” makes basic mistakes. Nobody is leading the team. We have a one dimension Hope with the fullback offering the only real attack. Just not good enough. Not in the same class. Same Type of second half fade out that typifies this team over the last three or so years. we look ok against the bottom of the ladder Titans but when we play with the real teams we just do not measure as equals.
We could not even get any attack down their half. When we did we take the 2.
Our attack metres from our own end are still woeful

LINESPEED

Juniors
100% Roosters played 2 men down and managed to have 8 players run for over 100m. 4 running over 200m... They always seemed to have 2-3 in every tackle. Very well drilled, composed and confident side. Everything we're not unfortunately.

And they were also missing Tedesco & Josh - which disrupted their backline rhythm.

Saab is very green

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Let him leave now. Just another who can't tackle.
I wouldn’t be too hard on Saab, pretty tough game to play your first game in nearly a year 3 games into your career. He was super tentative though and hopefully it does bring him back to earth. He is worth sticking with for me. He had a rubbish game for sure but there is only one way to improve.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Brett Morris scored 112 tries for St.George and for whatever reason, he departed.
images

Como Connection

First Grade
I wouldn’t be too hard on Saab, pretty tough game to play your first game in nearly a year 3 games into your career. He was super tentative though and hopefully it does bring him back to earth. He is worth sticking with for me. He had a rubbish game for sure but there is only one way to improve.
He was tentative in the 9's also.
CC

Schooled by one of the best wingers in the game.
Even shown up with the high ball which is supposed to be Saab's imperious advantage.
The question is, can he learn from the experience and improve or is he just going to be another flash in the pan from the lower grades.
Tupo and Manou were also superb tonight which puts our back three into perspective.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Schooled by one of the best wingers in the game.
Even shown up with the high ball which is supposed to be Saab's imperious advantage.
The question is, can he learn from the experience and improve or is he just going to be another flash in the pan from the lower grades.
Tupo and Manou were also superb tonight which puts our back three into perspective.
Of course they bloody were, they play for a team going for 3 gf in a row. One of the best teams in history vs a rookie who’s 4 games odd into his career and hasn’t played for a year.

Latest posts