What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Titans

SBD82

Coach
With his speed he needs to be used like Turbo, Tedesco, Papenhuyzen? etc. Hanging around the ruck & not out as sweep play. I'd also like to see him run from dummy half more often.
With his speed he should be able to do both really. Tedesco makes it happen, and Dufty has Teddy for speed (I think?)

Old Timer

Coach
With his speed he needs to be used like Turbo, Tedesco, Papenhuyzen? etc. Hanging around the ruck & not out as sweep play. I'd also like to see him run from dummy half more often.
Indeed 100% correct.

There are lots of arm grabbers and tired big men around the ruck these days and they need to be targeted.

He also needs to be on the hip of Vaughan & Merrin.

The thing with Tedesco is his incredible awareness and ability to seize the slightest opportunity regardless of field position.

Dragonsamy

Bench
With his speed he should be able to do both really. Tedesco makes it happen, and Dufty has Teddy for speed (I think?)

SBD82
A problem with duffty doing a lot of running from dummy half is that Teddy is 95kg and 184cm , and Dufty is 179cm and 83 kg.
Imo

slippery5

Juniors
Teddy runs from dummy half to give the forwards a break with his speed, Dufty could play there & choose his time to run with fast play the balls, he also has a good passing game, as witnessed against the Sharks.
Obviously his ruck defence would be the question, as it is at FB, but at least he wouldn't have to contest the high ball with players pounding down on him or get dragged back 20m.
The more I think about it, could be a master stroke !!!!!!! And McNOIDEA gets to keep him in the side.

possm

Coach
Dufty is a confidence player, against the sharks he looked good, a few more repeat performances like that will secure the FB role.
Is he going to ordinary games in the future, yes he will
One thing with Dufty is his speed without that we don’t offer much, his passing game has always been good.
Maybe Flanno is involved with his training now, which is a bonus
Given speed and elusiveness is Dufty's main attribute, why not try him on the left wing with instructions to keep in-field when running back the ball from a kick. Dufty played well last game against the Sharks because they did not effectively target him often during the game. We did not see his greatest value running from fullback, he scored one from close to the line and one from standing in the backline. He set up one from standing in the backline and lofting it over to Ravalawa.

Crush

Coach
Given speed and elusiveness is Dufty's main attribute, why not try him on the left wing with instructions to keep in-field when running back the ball from a kick. Dufty played well last game against the Sharks because they did not effectively target him often during the game. We did not see his greatest value running from fullback, he scored one from close to the line and one from standing in the backline. He set up one from standing in the backline and lofting it over to Ravalawa.
The best thing Duff did last week was his 2 try assists with cutout passes. Why do you want to put a ball player on the wing?

boardlumps62

Juniors
According to someone that's in the know Dufty played in the halves in juniors. Mary must have had a phone call from one of him coaches. Maybe Matty Head.

thebigredv

First Grade
Dufty has clearly added a whole new dimension to his game. He is by far our most dangerous looking back (although that's not saying much at all) and is getting better with each game.

I was at a point where I was happy enough if he was let go a year or so ago, I won't lie. I'm glad we kept him and I hope for his sake he is part of the new coach's plans.