What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Old Timer

Coach
Let's be very honest and face the harsh reality that if we take Dufty out of the side what do we show in attack?

SFA is the answer so our attack relies totally on individual efforts as it has done under this coach for the entirety of his tenure.

1. Does anyone remember seeing a well drilled set move come off?
  2. Does anyone remember us quickly getting into position when a penalty is awarded and then proceeding to execute a plan that is known by all players as to what they need to do?
  3. Does anyone need more than 1 hand to count the effective line breaks our back rowers make in a season?
  4. Does anyone need anymore than 1 hand to count the number off try making offloads our middles make in a season?
  5. Does anyone need more than 1 finger to count the number of players that could comply with point 4?
  6. Does anyone remember anyone other than Dufty running the length of the field to score a try?
  7. Does anyone know of a team that has a worse kicking game and last play option than us?
  8. Does anyone know of another team that is as lacklustre as our lot in almost every dimension of attacking play?
FMD even the Titans, Warriors and Dogs exhibit more flair than us and if they ever learned to defend we would be holding the spoon and not them.

thebigredv

First Grade
Let's be very honest and face the harsh reality that if we take Dufty out of the side what do we show in attack?

SFA is the answer so our attack relies totally on individual efforts as it has done under this coach for the entirety of his tenure.

2. Does anyone remember us quickly getting into position when a penalty is awarded and then proceeding to execute a plan that is known by all players as to what they need to do?
  3. Does anyone need more than 1 hand to count the effective line breaks our back rowers make in a season?
  4. Does anyone need anymore than 1 hand to count the number off try making offloads our middles make in a season?
  5. Does anyone need more than 1 finger to count the number of players that could comply with point 4?
  6. Does anyone remember anyone other than Dufty running the length of the field to score a try?
  7. Does anyone know of a team that has a worse kicking game and last play option than us?
  8. Does anyone know of another team that is as lacklustre as our lot in almost every dimension of attacking play?
FMD even the Titans, Warriors and Dogs exhibit more flair than us and if they ever learned to defend we would be holding the spoon and not them.

Not from the McGregor Dragons. I couldn't wait for Price to be moved on. Now I'd have him back in a heartbeat just to get rid of the awful mentality and lack of game preparation that comes with the McGregor Dragons.

denis preston

First Grade
Several times last night, Clune ran around to the left to create the extra man giving us a 4 on 3 situation. Hunt ignored him everytime. One in particular, poor Cluney threw his hands up in the air.

It's obvious to me Hunt wants his #7 jersey back.

And speaking of Hunt, why did he take the kick for touch (which ultimately didn't find touch) when it should have been Norman or Clune? Answer, see point above (also check his body language after that failed kick).
Gee he is disappointing for a mill a year. You can get 2 very good players for that !

Crush

Coach

1. Yep, last week against Titans, first try that Lomax scored was a well drilled set move resulted in a try.

jeffdragon

Bench
We needed to score before ht.
We were on top
Aitken made an error and there was a gap but no support.
Then cam passed to the roosters on t3 in a 7 tackle set.
Also clunes kick that gave them a seven tackle set and they scored was it.
It wasn't a true reflection in the scoreline ,just as v parra the previous week

Dragon David

First Grade

You've covered our shortcomings clearly Old Timer.

We just do the basics and hope by some miracle we can score enough points to keep our noses in front until the final whistle and this is more or less typified in the previous two only wins.

We play the same monotonous moves game after game and mostly shoot ourselves in the foot each time. Something just goes amiss like an old car engine starting ok then a little later spluttering to a stand still.

We can blame the coach(s) on several points week after week but the bottom line is there is just no unified structure in our game plans, the players are overall average at best and when confronted to play a team with better players, just cannot get over the line.

Our recruitment and retention and pathways operators need to analyse very hard as to who and what we need desperately and of course the coach we have is booted into the next universe.

jeffdragon

Bench
Wonder what Vaughan was saying to dean young when he came off late in the 1st half.
He friz don't look for a offload.
Second phase play is a key.
We look better when we do a bit of this, but sadly not enough.

Dragon David

First Grade
We needed to score before ht.
We were on top
Aitken made an error and there was a gap but no support.
Then cam passed to the roosters on t3 in a 7 tackle set.
Also clunes kick that gave them a seven tackle set and they scored was it.
It wasn't a true reflection in the scoreline ,just as v parra the previous week
And of course the penalty kick for the line that did not go out and they scored in the final couple of minutes. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread but just in case no-one alluded to the first Roosters try by Morris, he seemed to think in himself that he double moved the ball over the try line. To me it looked like a double movement. So yeah, a few lucky breaks for the Roosters, but some unlucky injuries as well.

epDragon62

First Grade
And of course the penalty kick for the line that did not go out and they scored in the final couple of minutes. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread but just in case no-one alluded to the first Roosters try by Morris, he seemed to think in himself that he double moved the ball over the try line. To me it looked like a double movement. So yeah, a few lucky breaks for the Roosters, but some unlucky injuries as well.
Overall, and especially in the second half, the Rooters simply looked a better team. Keary is a wonderful player who would make us much better but across the board they looked a better team.

The Assman

Juniors
Self destructed in the second half last night. Roosters just capitalized off dragons mistakes 10-10 at half time. First 2 points off a penalty, second try off 3 tackle set restarts, third try from Hunt not finding touch.

Dragon David

First Grade
I must give Trent Robinson and his assistants, particularly Fitzgibbon, a wrap on several things namely -
* Putting Manu at fullback, Morris on the wing. The scoreline could have been different had Morris been the fullback. Robinson knew that Morris was all class against young Saab so why not?
* How they ensured during the half time pep talk to get over us given no Radley and Verrills.
* Fitzgibbon getting the guys to rally in defence - mostly three man tackles to nullify ball movement and any off loads (off loads from us, what a laugh).
* Used the bench wisely given that they were down those players.

Mr Mary just got out coached again.

Crush

Coach
It looks to me like the team isn't fit either.
Their attack gets worse as the games go on because they are gassed. Once fatigue sets in they go back to one out hit ups with nobody looking for offloads.
Need to be fitter and learn to show creativity under fatigue.

True_Believer

Juniors
My brother who is a Roosters supporter said a couple of things.

Firstly, he's adamant that the first try was a double movement. I'm one for benefit of the doubt - but he wasn't having a bar of it. He believes it should have been ruled no try.

He believed the Dragons played well and had every opportunity to do away with the Roosters. He believes Norman and Hunt are the problem for us.

I have to take his word for it because I couldn't watch the game after the first try in the second half. I turned it off once I saw us start back on the stupid shit.

Their attack gets worse as the games go on because they are gassed. Once fatigue sets in they go back to one out hit ups with nobody looking for offloads.
Fitness should not be a problem but it appears as if it might be. Rorters were at their most vulnerable last night but advantage was not taken. I am not anti Frizzell but my opinion is that he has been ordinary this season. His work rate does not compare with McInnes. I think he is just waiting the season out and is not over enthused. Understandable since he is going to new pastures next season.

redVinme

Juniors
I must give Trent Robinson and his assistants, particularly Fitzgibbon, a wrap on several things namely -
* Putting Manu at fullback, Morris on the wing. The scoreline could have been different had Morris been the fullback. Robinson knew that Morris was all class against young Saab so why not?
* How they ensured during the half time pep talk to get over us given no Radley and Verrills.
* Fitzgibbon getting the guys to rally in defence - mostly three man tackles to nullify ball movement and any off loads (off loads from us, what a laugh).
* Used the bench wisely given that they were down those players.

Mr Mary just got out coached again.

Morris played centre but points still stand

Crush

Coach
My brother who is a Roosters supporter said a couple of things.

Firstly, he's adamant that the first try was a double movement. I'm one for benefit of the doubt - but he wasn't having a bar of it. He believes it should have been ruled no try.

He believed the Dragons played well and had every opportunity to do away with the Roosters. He believes Norman and Hunt are the problem for us.

I have to take his word for it because I couldn't watch the game after the first try in the second half. I turned it off once I saw us start back on the stupid shit.
Your brother is correct in his assessment of SGI ongoing problem.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeh but Mary said the new rules etc would suit our game and we would be 1 team to take advantage of it!

Latest posts