What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Titans

smi962

First Grade
Talking about his size, 179cm and 83kg, Billy Slater was a cm shorter and 6kg heavier. Slater was probably lighter when entering first grade. He did ok as a fullback.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
There are players that should be let go before Dufty. Mcidiot has a way of zapping the confidence out of young players by putting them in our of 1st grade. The successful coaches realise it will take a few games for a younger player to gain confidence at the first grade level. I hope Dufty stays on because when McGregor is gone Dufty under a good coach could develop into something special.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Correct played 7 in the HM and SG Ball then Hornby decided he was a FB
Well we can see he has the ability to use the ball. Would he handle No.6. And who was his coach in the early years. Leave him at the back goes ok just went quite in second half but we were going backwards then.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I was one of the people who bagged Dufty and I'm very pleased to be eating humble pie. Thank goodness there is 1 thing to smile about when discussing the Dragons.
Me too but has to keep involving himself wen
I was one of the people who bagged Dufty and I'm very pleased to be eating humble pie. Thank goodness there is 1 thing to smile about when discussing the Dragons.
Me too. Gotta keep involved second half went quite.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If his defence were better he would be a candidate for the halves.

He can certainly pass.
I don’t think he would defend too bad at 6. At 1 sometimes he can’t stop a player when he’s isolated and they have a full head of steam but that’s physics I guess. Most of the time at 6 he will have help and they coming from a shorter distance. The next step in his evolution will be to put the odd territorial kick in and some game management. Someone has to do it.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don’t think he would defend too bad at 6. At 1 sometimes he can’t stop a player when he’s isolated and they have a full head of steam but that’s physics I guess. Most of the time at 6 he will have help and they coming from a shorter distance. The next step in his evolution will be to put the odd territorial kick in and some game management. Someone has to do it.

Dufty has talent for sure if his confidence is up and is given a go week in week out but how do you rate him as a 6 against the likes of Keary, Munster, Morgan and several others? The better 6's current and past are/were much bigger (Keary being the exception but a great thinker) such as those given above and those before when we had the likes of Fittler, Lewis & co.

I always think that great halves have great football minds that go hand in hand with strength and durability and with some speed. The ones with great vision are the standouts, like Thurston and Johns and now Keary. Will we ever have any of these type of players? Are our scouts looking out for someone with these attributes?

Forwards need an overhaul. Players like Craig Young, Rod Reddy and Graeme Wynn etc hard as nails, never say die type are needed.

Centres - one very good in attack with ability to defend and the other very good in defence and ability to attack well.

Wingers, strong and fast and not scared to jump at speed to take high ball catches.

Fullback - Reasonably tall and lanky and quick with a good fend and step.

Come on Millward or whomever, do your utmost to get these players. Not to much to ask is it? Hahaha!

hazzbeen

Bench
Dufty If He was in a team that was going forward , and had a coach that knows how to coach , the kid would be a weapon ..... He is doing things that only special players can do in a team that has no direction or halves that cant controll a game .... Yea he has mistakes in him , but a good coach would isolate him better in defence ...... If he was playing for the Chooks last night he would of turned us inside out ......

Last edited:

possm

Coach
There are players that should be let go before Dufty. Mcidiot has a way of zapping the confidence out of young players by putting them in our of 1st grade. The successful coaches realise it will take a few games for a younger player to gain confidence at the first grade level. I hope Dufty stays on because when McGregor is gone Dufty under a good coach could develop into something special.
Good coaches also identify players strengths and weaknesses and design their game plan accordingly while at the same time trying to help his players overcome their weaknesses.

TruSaint

Referee
Dufty If He was in a team that was going forward , and had a coach that knows how to coach , the kid would be a weapon ..... He is doing things that only special players can do in a team that has no direction or halves that cant controll a game .... Yea he has mistakes in him , but a good coach would isolate him better in defence ...... If he was playing for the Chooks last night he wouiid of turn us inside out ......

Yep, I wasn't sold on Dufty, but his last few games have shown me we can work around his deficiencies. He has added a passing game which I didn't know he had.
Fix the kick returns, and some confidence under the high ball ( which was evidently missing again ), and he would be a very good player.
Good for him that the criticism has sparked him into action.

denis preston

First Grade
Dufty's manager really at the crossroads at present.On his present form does he gamble on further improvement to get a 600-700k contract next , or does he scout the super league for interest now for a 500-600k contract ? It can all go to shit very quickly in ones sporting career so to take the life changing contract when you can can't be criticized. Also less pressure and as defences not as tight as in NRL he could be a sensation over there.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dufty's manager really at the crossroads at present.On his present form does he gamble on further improvement to get a 600-700k contract next , or does he scout the super league for interest now for a 500-600k contract ? It can all go to shit very quickly in ones sporting career so to take the life changing contract when you can can't be criticized. Also less pressure and as defences not as tight as in NRL he could be a sensation over there.
He could turn out like Barber did for St Helens.

SAP58

Juniors
What happens to Dufty when Cody Ramsey is fit ? Isn’t Ramsey our long term Fullback ? Norman should not be in first grade, is it worth trying Dufty at 5/8 with his current passing game, unfortunately his defence is not up to 5/8 at the moment but is it worth a try when Ramsey returns ?

Como Connection

First Grade
What happens to Dufty when Cody Ramsey is fit ? Isn’t Ramsey our long term Fullback ? Norman should not be in first grade, is it worth trying Dufty at 5/8 with his current passing game, unfortunately his defence is not up to 5/8 at the moment but is it worth a try when Ramsey returns ?
Silverman!
CC

Dragsters

First Grade

With Tariq as his bodyguard he could be worth a crack at 6.

Has shown more creativity in attack than Norman has in years.

In recent weeks Dufty has thrown some of the most bullet-like passes, both left and right, bang on target, that I have seen in a red V in ages.

Leave him at the back for now, chiming in at will and delivering more of those gems until Ramsey is ready I say...

Latest posts