What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

BLM01

First Grade
My brother who is a Roosters supporter said a couple of things.

Firstly, he's adamant that the first try was a double movement. I'm one for benefit of the doubt - but he wasn't having a bar of it. He believes it should have been ruled no try.

He believed the Dragons played well and had every opportunity to do away with the Roosters. He believes Norman and Hunt are the problem for us.

I have to take his word for it because I couldn't watch the game after the first try in the second half. I turned it off once I saw us start back on the stupid shit.

Disagree with your brother.just in the 1st part....in real game time speed..momentumevery day got him there
regardless of lifting the elbow up to ensure it did not halt his progression
We played Ok in the 1st half but Roosters looked out of sorts..2 big injuries did not help
And the scoreline could of been a lot worse had some things not go against the Roosters in the 2nd half.
Merrin and KSims were huge disappointments from supposedly expereinced players to take the heat of Cam, Kerr, Lawrie & Vaughan in the middle

And of course the penalty kick for the line that did not go out and they scored in the final couple of minutes. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread but just in case no-one alluded to the first Roosters try by Morris, he seemed to think in himself that he double moved the ball over the try line. To me it looked like a double movement. So yeah, a few lucky breaks for the Roosters, but some unlucky injuries as well.
These things tend to balance out.
Norman was very lucky not to be sent to the sin bin which would have widened the margin.
Bottom line is that Easts finished all over the top of us with 15 players and without Tedesco.
Not finding touch is kindergarten stuff and is just an insight into the coaching standards at the club.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My brother who is a Roosters supporter said a couple of things.

Firstly, he's adamant that the first try was a double movement. I'm one for benefit of the doubt - but he wasn't having a bar of it. He believes it should have been ruled no try.

He believed the Dragons played well and had every opportunity to do away with the Roosters. He believes Norman and Hunt are the problem for us.

I have to take his word for it because I couldn't watch the game after the first try in the second half. I turned it off once I saw us start back on the stupid shit.
Our halves have been the problem for a long time. There was a large part of that game probably at least 40 minutes we were at least matching them physically. With those two injuries a ruthless half would put their foot on the throats and grind them down. Our ends of sets were rubbish besides what Dufty did.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thanks Robbo
Thats all our BOD need to hear
St george were great tonight...we were ready to play
They defended well..they attacked well
"Mary should be proud of them tonight they way the played and the way he coached them"
Keep you Mary idol doll to yourself

Funny isn't it....while behind the scenes others likely had a lot of input..

BLM01

First Grade
Funny isn't it....while behind the scenes others likely had a lot of input..
Yep..Robbo going into bat for someone who gifts him an easy 2 points
What else would he say when asked.
"Geez..they were crap..poorly coached...had no go forward or linespeed in the 2nd half"
"Outside Dufty who was their attack weapon"
"Geez that Flanno has made a difference'
pfffffttttt.

denis preston

First Grade
Sims and Merrin were useless last night. Really sad to see how their game has crumbled in 2 to 3 years, and believe it or not i don't blame baldy for this. Part of the cleanout should include them . Pity we dont have Canterbury cup as some of our players are getting complacent . Blocker though had one of his better games. Thought McInnes take some bad options from DF and missed some vital tackles ( understandable when you make 40 others ! )

Next week Sailor in for Norman, keep Ford ( how many minutes did he play ? ) and Host in and drop Simms and tell Merrin to pull his finger out.

redVinme

Juniors
I don't care what anyone says hunt and Norman are both shot mentally and can both be dropped and f**k off. Force them both into chasing a release and put a broom through the place.

I know some posters are saying sailor but for me I'd rather just blood bud Sullivan now. We have a spot in the 30. Watching him play in the koori cup he can defend and will just need to find some confidence in getting use to the contact.

I know a lot will say it will ruin his confidence but I'd be saying. Win, lose or draw work hard and it can be your team. We are here to support your growth as our long term prospect. This year is your chance to find your feet and grow.

However Mary so why bother.

things I noticed tonight - Vaughan in a discussion with Dean Young after being replaced and then supercoach subs vaughan after the last try - just under 3 minutes to go ..... What could possibly be the point of a 3 minute replacement ( apart from supercoach giving valuable game time to a player ???

Thought Lawrie had a decent game but we need more passing / 2nd phase play from the forwards
Norman fades in and out of games and can only hold his position as he has been given the 5th tackle clearing kick duties
ford needs more game time as does kerr .... merrin needs to offload not dance.
Supercoach needed to change the attack when easts lost the 2nd player we needed to attack and run them around but supercoach hasnt got it in him.... Notice fox didnt show flanno in the box all shots showed supercoach only .. You have to feel sorry for young on the sideline when mary screams into the 2 way - poor dean will be on workers comp with a hearing problem !!!

now for the raiders !!!!!!!!!!!!
Vaughan wouldn't have blown out a candle during that little chat with Young.
Our most impactful front rower rotated at the wrong time while the Easts front rowers ran riot.
Pre determined rotations with no feel for the state of the game.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Vaughan wouldn't have blown out a candle during that little chat with Young.
Our most impactful front rower rotated at the wrong time while the Easts front rowers ran riot.
Pre determined rotations with no feel for the state of the game.

Vaughan will ask for a release unless there’s a new coach announced soon IMO

This Gordon game of Waiting for Godot is going to end badly for them

... & he ain’t no coach or frontrower

Last edited:

Mark D

Juniors
Very disappointed with last night.. We should have come out in the second half with far more intent and will too win..

Norman needs a spell and want to see Sailor in at 6 .
Saab see ya at least JP plays with courage and will.
Duff looking good
Forwards all disappointing considering how wounded the Roosters were
Tyson not giving much (has he checked out ?)

SBD82

Coach
Yep..Robbo going into bat for someone who gifts him an easy 2 points
What else would he say when asked.
"Geez..they were crap..poorly coached...had no go forward or linespeed in the 2nd half"
"Outside Dufty who was their attack weapon"
"Geez that Flanno has made a difference'
pfffffttttt.
Mary staying in the job might mean that he keeps fitzy.

From what Cordner was saying through the week, Fitzy would be a massive loss to their coaching staff.

Dragon David

First Grade
Morris played centre but points still stand
Yes come to think of it, Morris did play centre but on Saab's side. Gee he versatility showed last night and overall much more nowadays with all of the experience and the confidence by playing in the Roosters team.

It just takes a player with great potential to shine if given the chance to play in a better structured/coached team.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I agree with a lot of people here.
Re Hunt and Norman
My opinion is that Norman is not nrl standard any more. Give Sailor a go . Or go with Hunt and Clune.
And Hunt playing of the bench as a 9 is a waste of time.
Last night he did not have one run there.
Put him back to 7 if he is not good enough for the 7 or 6 drop him.
Give Ford more time he doing ok and will improve.
Or even give young Hayden lomax a run he has play 9 and back row before
Imo

redVinme

Juniors
Yes come to think of it, Morris did play centre but on Saab's side. Gee he versatility showed last night and overall much more nowadays with all of the experience and the confidence by playing in the Roosters team.

It just takes a player with great potential to shine if given the chance to play in a better structured/coached team.

If i were the dragons I would get on my knees and beg for Bmoz to come back and mentor our outside backs. Bmoz is not only naturally gifted he also has great vision and really knows what it takes to be an elite back over many years. 9th all time try scorer now says it all.

Dragon David

First Grade
Very disappointed with last night.. We should have come out in the second half with far more intent and will too win..

Norman needs a spell and want to see Sailor in at 6 .
Saab see ya at least JP plays with courage and will.
Duff looking good
Forwards all disappointing considering how wounded the Roosters were
Tyson not giving much (has he checked out ?)

The biggest problem we have, besides our useless coach, is that we just don't have any good cattle. We play as caged animals rather than free range. Last night was the time the Roosters were ripe for a loss, but they guts it out and in the second half we basically played against only one player - Luke Keary. He beat us single handedly and our guys in Norman, Clune, Hunt - the three of them - just did not have the answers or ability to change the destiny of the outcome.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree with a lot of people here.
Re Hunt and Norman
My opinion is that Norman is not nrl standard any more. Give Sailor a go . Or go with Hunt and Clune.
And Hunt playing of the bench as a 9 is a waste of time.
Last night he did not have one run there.
Put him back to 7 if he is not good enough for the 7 or 6 drop him.
Give Ford more time he doing ok and will improve.
Or even give young Hayden lomax a run he has play 9 and back row before
Imo
Lomax has to have an operation on his shoulder he hurt early this year
He wont be playing this year

I missed the first half last night and was looking forward to a big finish from the Red V. However, too many dropped balls cost us - that and the fact that the Rorters are in great form at the moment,

People at work were telling me that we'd get thumped by the Rorters and my response was that we would make a go of it and lose by 10-20 which, considering the shellackings Easts have handed out in recent weeks and our past form, is relatively good,.And we did make a real go of it, just ran out of puff.

I'm enjoying watching Clune at 7 and Dufty at 1 - they give us a bit more of an attacking edge. Saab didn't impress me much - especially his "challenge"for that kick leading up the last Rorters try but he will get better. The forwards need a bit of mongrel. Unfortunately, the source of that mongrel is having his day in court and will then probably ditch us for the Warriors or Tigers. I say bring young Blacker in and put Sims and Merrin under notice.They're yesterday's men.

And, for what it's worth, I reckon we might surprise the Raiders next week.

Last edited:

Latest posts