What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Cowboys @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Mitchell Pearce. I feel embarrassed for him. Even before he kicked it I was thinking there’s more chance Cowboys score from this kick than we do haha.
Thought the exact same, gave us no hope and actually put us under pressure, as all of his kicks have today?

Johns Magic

Referee

Thanks I must have just missed that.

In fear of stating the obvious, we were just mentally not there today. You could see they got on auto-pilot once things weren’t happening immediately. You need to be able to snap yourself out of that quickly and it’s concerning that we couldn’t.

We weren’t great at any point today but late in the game we at least snapped it and started playing with some intent.

Now we see if we really have some mental toughness next week or we are the Knights of Norm.
We are too one-dimensional with middle hit ups then spread it wide. Cut out the link players and the opposition will get on top of us. Pearce needs to change the approach, we need edge strike.

Yosh

Coach
I'm looking for explanations not excuses here today.

- We flew in and will fly out so maybe there is a fatigue or preparation loss effect. Seemed off the pace the minute less than 5 minutes into the game.

- Pearce is a big part of our team but had a shocker of a shocker. Why isn't he kicking long? Isn't it his best asset? He should never kick when we are in the opposition 30 metre zone. Worst short kick in the league. Why didn't he run the ball? Why did he pass hospital after hospital the first forty?

- Why don't we put pressure on the kicker? Seems their six and seven had half a year to put the ball where ever they wanted.

- It feels like we are missing Watson quite a bit. Offers a little bit of jazz that Hoy just hasn't brought in the team, yet.

- We missed Best and his running threat.

- Cowboys were due a redemption game and we just happened to be playing them the wrong week.

I thought Fitzy was good to decent. We still win all our second halves. We look fit and don't fold. Hopefully it's all going to come together.

How good is Taulmololo... 98 post contact metres. That must be some sort of record right?

Johns Magic

Referee

- We flew in and will fly out so maybe there is a fatigue or preparation loss effect. Seemed off the pace the minute less than 5 minutes into the game.

Not that this is an excuse for today, but I have never been a fan of this idea. Just at amateur level I always hated playing a match straight after a long bus-trip let alone a flight. You can feel seriously flat after.

I would always avoid it at professional level if they could.

- Pearce is a big part of our team but had a shocker of a shocker. Why isn't he kicking long? Isn't it his best asset? He should never kick when we are in the opposition 30 metre zone. Worst short kick in the league. Why didn't he run the ball? Why did he pass hospital after hospital the first forty?

- Why don't we put pressure on the kicker? Seems their six and seven had half a year to put the ball where ever they wanted.

- It feels like we are missing Watson quite a bit. Offers a little bit of jazz that Hoy just hasn't brought in the team, yet.

- We missed Best and his running threat.

- Cowboys were due a redemption game and we just happened to be playing them the wrong week.

I thought Fitzy was good to decent. We still win all our second halves. We look fit and don't fold. Hopefully it's all going to come together.

How good is Taulmololo... 98 post contact metres. That must be some sort of record right?
I thought Mann went well but he's not the player to take control when Pearce is off. Ponga stepped up a bit and can. Hoy could possibly. Watson, when back, might.

Haffa

Not that this is an excuse for today, but I have never been a fan of this idea. Just at amateur level I always hated playing a match straight after a long bus-trip let alone a flight. You can feel seriously flat after.

I would always avoid it at professional level if they could.
It’s a COVID thing.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I thought Mann went well but he's not the player to take control when Pearce is off. Ponga stepped up a bit and can. Hoy could possibly. Watson, when back, might.
Exactly, he's a good running half but not an organizing one with a kicking game. Dito Hoy who is a fullback, and flippers for hands Watson with zero ability to pass or kick , all energizer bunny and no brain.

Teams know all they have to do to completely shut down the Knights is remove Pearce, alternatively Pearce has an off day and we're toast.

I'd like to see Crosslands get a run at 5/8 purely because I believe we need someone there for Pearce.