What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Cowboys @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly, he's a good running half but not an organizing one with a kicking game. Dito Hoy who is a fullback, and flippers for hands Watson with zero ability to pass or kick , all energizer bunny and no brain.

Teams know all they have to do to completely shut down the Knights is remove Pearce, alternatively Pearce has an off day and we're toast.

I'd like to see Crosslands get a run at 5/8 purely because I believe we need someone there for Pearce.
Pearce had a shocker but was also shut down. I reckon when it's like that we should be running players like Watson up the edge. Totally change the tactic and don't rely on Pearce. Change it up a bit.

Yosh

Coach
I wish Ponga went into first receiver more earlier in the game. Seems like he has to wait for the ball to come to him and if that gets shut down we don't see him till the second half.

I wish Ponga went into first receiver more earlier in the game. Seems like he has to wait for the ball to come to him and if that gets shut down we don't see him till the second half.
He did a bit more in the second half. He tends to hang around in behind dummy half and look ahead for where he'll inject himself.
In a game like this I reckon he should have stepped into the halves more to take more control. Even if that meant pushing Hoy back.

Spot On

Coach
Really missing some decent service out of dummy half as well. Can cut Pearce a little slack there at times. Guerra - seriously can't run around at this level anymore.

Obi needs to somehow work out how we can get a decent kick to end the sets we don't drop or throw the pill away.

Joel-22

Juniors
It's sad because it's not for a lack of trying but someone needs to tap Guerra on the shoulder. There were times today that you could see he was frustrated with himself for just not having the mobility/fitness to cover tackle. He still offers decent hit-ups but he is a total liability in defence.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Also, I want to give my man crush a special mention; Hymel Hunt.

The man never has a bad game, never gets driven back, doesn't make mistakes and looks like he gives a f**k at all times. I'd love him to finish his career here
I agree, great club man. Good value

Zoidberg

First Grade
I do like Hunt but he had a bad read in defence on their first try today. Needed to have faith in his inside man.

ryana87

Juniors
Credit where credit is due..... Adam O'brien is exactly what this team needs, in the presser he hit the nail on the head..... Long turn around and some players were complacent so they just cruised through the long week and it showed. He also made mention of Pearce's shit kicks and how he can't be responsible for all the 5th tackle finishes

Seage

Juniors
Herman (wayward pass aside), Sione and J Saf were really good for us.
Im super angry with the performance but am going to take the optimistic road and assume it was just an off week because of the travel and that O'Brien expects a certain standard and can adequately get the team to meet that next week.

Aside from that, every team will watch that game today and know they just need.to shoot one defender out of the line all day and Pearce to disrupt us. And that we will fail to adapt to a plan b because of it.

Spot On

Coach
Pearce can easily counter the issue with defenders rushing at him - but he seems unwilling (or too stupid) to adjust.

It is not just today that it happens.