What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

yakstorm

First Grade
Unfortunately the news about ISC isn't surprising. As many have said, there has been rumblings for around 18 months now, and the impact of COVID has just brought it to a head.

ISC are unlikely to go under, but as @Muz Dragon said, they'll drastically shrink the number of properties they own.

Unfortunately for ISC, the merchandise market for NRL clubs has been changing. Jerseys and training gear aren't as big as they were even a few years ago and ISC made some bids which were well over what they should have to secure club deals.

Licensing for Marvel plus the rights to the Broncos and Queensland Origin, I'm sure haven't helped, as I don't believe ISC has made the margins they hoped out of those deals (despite selling plenty of units).

This may see the likes of Puma, Adidas, Reebok, etc come back into the market as they were never prepared to pay the cash ISC was throwing around (nor be as flexible with clubs on 'special' kits), although it may just see someone local throw the cash around instead and repeat the mistakes.

Heisenberg

Juniors
Under Armour have cut their deal Welsh Rugby early. Not sure what that could mean here, but I imagine the Broncos would be in the sights of a major manufacturer like them.

sempmrh

Juniors
Most of Under Armour’s off-field gear for Essendon looks very basic - almost like they just took existing inventory and added some logos. I do like Under Armour as a brand, though.

It's Been Done

Juniors
So it's normal transmission in the 2nd game apparently, I thought the Chooks were going to wear their ANZAC jersey tonight

Last edited:

Dark Corner

Juniors
Unfortunately the news about ISC isn't surprising. As many have said, there has been rumblings for around 18 months now, and the impact of COVID has just brought it to a head.

ISC are unlikely to go under, but as @Muz Dragon said, they'll drastically shrink the number of properties they own.

Unfortunately for ISC, the merchandise market for NRL clubs has been changing. Jerseys and training gear aren't as big as they were even a few years ago and ISC made some bids which were well over what they should have to secure club deals.

Licensing for Marvel plus the rights to the Broncos and Queensland Origin, I'm sure haven't helped, as I don't believe ISC has made the margins they hoped out of those deals (despite selling plenty of units).

This may see the likes of Puma, Adidas, Reebok, etc come back into the market as they were never prepared to pay the cash ISC was throwing around (nor be as flexible with clubs on 'special' kits), although it may just see someone local throw the cash around instead and repeat the mistakes.
Maybe the reason Jerseys aren't as big as they were is the horrible round neck awful messy design and the fabric of the material as you sweat like a fat lass on speed at Techno rave wearing the utter crap they have been putting out for the past 10 or so years.

Diesel

Referee
All 4 teams that play on ANZAC Day played last night. Not sure why the Roosters/Dragons game wasn’t a tribute game to the ANZACs

Jackson Allison

Juniors
All 4 teams that play on ANZAC Day played last night. Not sure why the Roosters/Dragons game wasn’t a tribute game to the ANZACs
It wasn’t a tribute game because in round 13 the roosters play the dragons again on the anniversary of the battle of lone pine (6th August). This will be the tribute game to the ANZAC’s. I would expect the roosters to wear their ANZAC jersey for this game and possibly for the dragons to release one and wear it too.

flippikat

Bench

About time that affordable NRL-licensed supporter-wear was available more widely here in NZ. The sort of stuff you see in Cotton On or Best & Less in Australia.

It's a massive failing by the NRL that the game's profile here is so expensive & paywalled. Virtually no FTA TV presence, and gear is expensive.

sempmrh

Juniors
Another brand that might be a possibility for picking up an NRL team is Macron. They were briefly with the Kiwis but they’re supposedly going to be the apparel partner for Port Adelaide (currently an ISC club) in the AFL next year.

Not sure how much confidence I have in Castore. A brand coming in and splashing money around without any real track record (yet) in outfitting a sports team seems strange.

Another brand that might be a possibility for picking up an NRL team is Macron. They were briefly with the Kiwis but they’re supposedly going to be the apparel partner for Port Adelaide (currently an ISC club) in the AFL next year.

Not sure how much confidence I have in Castore. A brand coming in and splashing money around without any real track record (yet) in outfitting a sports team seems strange.
I hope their league stuff is better than their soccer stuff. Macron gear was the shits with Leeds Utd.

sempmrh

Juniors
Our man in the know (sorry, I know you'll read this - I keep it vague because I don't want to seem like I'm calling on you for information or setting you up for other people to do the same) has been dropping some not so subtle hints on another forum. You can probably expect the Roosters to be wearing a certain unknown brand already mentioned in this thread. You can also probably expect Puma to return to the NRL.

I really hope Storm is with Puma. Considering Storm are the only current ISC team to have already dropped ISC as a sponsor, perhaps a deal has already been made? Considering Puma's on-field gear is produced in Melbourne it would probably make sense.