What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

soc123_au

Staff member
The big I has form in this regard, most especially the 2018 Tigers. They did fade as the season went on though, so we can only hope that doesn't happen now. He's got a much stronger forward pack to work with now.

I remember the Tigers started well in 2018. I probably even watched most of their games. I dont recall how they were playing though, jagging wins through superior fitness like we did under Hook, or playing good controlled football. I am happy just to be winning, but it's how we are doing it that impresses me. That is something we have missed since 2004.

The_Frog

First Grade
I remember the Tigers started well in 2018. I probably even watched most of their games. I dont recall how they were playing though, jagging wins through superior fitness like we did under Hook, or playing good controlled football. I am happy just to be winning, but it's how we are doing it that impresses me. That is something we have missed since 2004.
He beat the Storm twice, the Roosters once and robbed a second time, and also robbed against the Broncos. All in the first 13 rounds. He seems to know how to defend.

Kilkenny

Coach
48 hours nearly since we beat the Bunnies and I’m still quietly basking in the glory.

The boys spared from the agony of having to face the various friends I have who are Bunnies diehards.

It was probably a bit clunky again and we probably should have won by more but we got the job done and that is probably all that counts on the back of a tough couple of weeks.

Well done to Brent Naden in particular so pleased for him to have a really fine game.

Jane Murray

Bench
48 hours nearly since we beat the Bunnies and I’m still quietly basking in the glory.

The boys spared from the agony of having to face the various friends I have who are Bunnies diehards.

It was probably a bit clunky again and we probably should have won by more but we got the job done and that is probably all that counts on the back of a tough couple of weeks.

Well done to Brent Naden in particular so pleased for him to have a really fine game.
Yeah you're correct. If Nathan did not have cellulitis, then he would have kicked the goals, and 6 more points would have been added to the score.

On other news, the Cowboys just defeated the Knights, now we need the Raiders to defeat the Eels, and we remain in first spot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Since the covid break we havent conceded a 1st half pt. kept newcastle scoreless warriors scoreless parra scoreless storm scoreless and bunnies scoreless.Our worst period in games is our 1st 20 mins of the 2nd halves.
Huge reversal from our 14 nil headstarts we loved under Hook. But we definitely need to fix any periods of games where we fall asleep.

tripster

Juniors
Since the covid break we havent conceded a 1st half pt. kept newcastle scoreless warriors scoreless parra scoreless storm scoreless and bunnies scoreless.Our worst period in games is our 1st 20 mins of the 2nd halves.

That first 20 mins of the second half is also when the referees have been giving away large numbers of six again calls to the opposition.

Sorry to be picky, but unfortunately we did concede a try in the last couple of minutes of the first half against the Knights. Should never have been scored.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you guys want Tamou signed back up?
I have to say RCG is playing amazing. 50 odd tackles tonight and 230 mtrs. Sometimes players just need a change.
Blake on the other hand is talented but lazy. And has his defense always been bad? I thought he was a good defender. Can't stand guys who are physically gifted who waste career due to lack of desire.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have to say RCG is playing amazing. 50 odd tackles tonight and 230 mtrs. Sometimes players just need a change.
Blake on the other hand is talented but lazy. And has his defense always been bad? I thought he was a good defender. Can't stand guys who are physically gifted who waste career due to lack of desire.

Wait until RCG doesn’t get what he wants and sulking.
RCG isn’t worth that money and isn’t a starter. So nope all good with what we have

betcats

Referee

Waqa should be the best centre in the game with his physical gifts but he totally lacks the mental side of it. He’s lazy and he just doesn’t have a great feel for the game.

His defence was very good in 2018, it was bad last year for us.

Rcg is going well, he’s a better player than many here want to admit. I’m not particularly worried though, it had been long time since he played his best for us.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Wait until RCG doesn’t get what he wants and sulking.
RCG isn’t worth that money and isn’t a starter. So nope all good with what we have

On form he is a top 5 prop in comp. How long this lasts I am unsure. But currently he is brilliant.
Plus you guys are chipping in for a very large chunk I was told by someone high up at your club.

hindy111

Post Whore
MJ is better then Blake. He doesnt look for the ball and doesnt do any hard work. Lazy.
He has had one good game all year against you guys.

And yes sometimes players need a change. Different coaches styles can bring best out of players.

Anyhow how good is it. Parra and Penrith are 1st and 2nd

Jane Murray

Bench
On form he is a top 5 prop in comp. How long this lasts I am unsure. But currently he is brilliant.
Plus you guys are chipping in for a very large chunk I was told by someone high up at your club.
Not for long, I believe. I am pleased that RCG is gone.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not for long, I believe. I am pleased that RCG is gone.

This could be true. We do not know yet as sample size isnt that long. But on form and capability he is some sort of superman.

I hated the signing. Thought he was soft tbh. Used to back into defense. But he has proved me wrong.

Latest posts