What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Como Connection

First Grade
Fitness should not be a problem but it appears as if it might be. Rorters were at their most vulnerable last night but advantage was not taken. I am not anti Frizzell but my opinion is that he has been ordinary this season. His work rate does not compare with McInnes. I think he is just waiting the season out and is not over enthused. Understandable since he is going to new pastures next season.
He has been ordinary for longer than this year.
CC

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dogs have to win by 60 to get off the bottom.

EDIT. I’m completely incorrect.
But half that post is correct..

Which makes the second part incorrect..

Which makes it correct..

Which then makes it incorrect..

Which is correct..

This could take a while..

SGMax

Juniors
Robbo's post game presser said everything you need to know about his mindset and why he is a winner.

Questioned about the surface, he reverted back to his "team" and brushed off excuses. Left that to the "experts" on grounds. He was succinct, focussed, talked about his pride and challenges ahead and thats it. No BS or hyperbole.

I wasn't sold on him a few years back. Simple, I was wrong. He seems to me to be the type of coach players would walk on fire for. Great squad of course, but he has been able to get the best out of each and every one of them.

Let alone making the Moz brother look 10 years younger.

Losing yesterday would have been acceptable by most. Not so for him.

Robbo has you conned.
You would have seen a different attitude if they had lost the game.
He is the biggest whinger of all when they get beaten...just lucky he has landed a gig where they have unlimited funding for their roster.

TruSaint

Referee
Robbo has you conned.
He is the biggest whinger of all when they get beaten...just lucky he has landed a gig where they have unlimited funding for their roster.

Max,

I would have agreed with you a few years back. Not now.

I know what you are suggesting, but I think as a coach he has matured and developed.
Lets not forget he has been with the Chooks since 2013.

In days gone by he would bitch about a call here, or an injury there.
Not so much, in the past few seasons. I think he has really learnt the trade and worked out when to have a crack at the refs/situation/media, and when to let it go.

As to unlimited funding, ... I agree.

Knight Dragon

Juniors
There’s a definite soft merkin In the Donkeys forum, two of my comments were moved to a so called “Dung Heap”
f**kin lol

SaintPauli

Juniors
Robbo has you conned.
The rorter replace JMorris and Tedesco with ,
1. Ryan Hall an international winger
2. Mitch Aubison one of the rorters most reliable consistant players.

They all harped on the telly how the rorters lost their stars. Give me a break, the whole team are stars.

What other club in the nrl can boast about having so many stars, including the extended reserve bench which would still make the 8. Friggin rorters.

George Sancti

Juniors
I am most frustrated with the Dragon’s inability to implement basic attacking moves which most other teams are capable of. The sweeping backline movement where the fullback chimes into the backline to create an overlap or the opportunity to find a gap between defenders is typical. We did this so well in 2009, 10 and 11 and now most teams are adopting the move with variations.

I believe we actually have good players capable of being competitive with most teams. I know that Flannigan was brought in to strengthen our defence, but I feel we would have been better served by an assistant coach capable of working with the halves and backs to produce attacking football.

blacksafake

First Grade
Only if Mcdickwad plays Hunt at 6 and Clune at 7. Unlike the dogs debacle where they were named in those spots but Hunt specifically played 7 and Clune played with his d ick
Exactly.
Just another case of L plate playing safety first

Legion

Juniors
Also Broncos are a myth.
People think we have problems and we do but there just as bad
"just as bad"? To be fair I've only seen the Saints last game against Easts but I saw a lot of potential.
Without costly handling errors, that would have been a really close game.

Broncos on the other hand, I've seen nothing to give their fans any hope.
Their highly paid experienced players like Milford and Boyd, have been simply woeful.

I've read the comments here about Mary. It's often hard to say how much a coach is at fault when a side is not going well but he certainly has the players to be doing much better.

It's a shame to see Graham go [who gave McGregor his vote of confidence]. He was one forward who always put in, week in week out.

Dragon David

First Grade
"just as bad"? To be fair I've only seen the Saints last game against Easts but I saw a lot of potential.
Without costly handling errors, that would have been a really close game.

Broncos on the other hand, I've seen nothing to give their fans any hope.
Their highly paid experienced players like Milford and Boyd, have been simply woeful.

I've read the comments here about Mary. It's often hard to say how much a coach is at fault when a side is not going well but he certainly has the players to be doing much better.

It's a shame to see Graham go [who gave McGregor his vote of confidence]. He was one forward who always put in, week in week out.
If Hunt's headspace is right (will it ever be?) and we click after a few weeks of the changes made through the selection committee to a greater level (getting use to the same players on the field and getting better at anticipation, more off loads etc.), you never know, we could win a few more than what we expected. The Roosters are a cut above most pf the teams in the comp and we competed well against them even though they had a few strong players missing.

Legion

Juniors
If Hunt's headspace is right (will it ever be?) and we click after a few weeks of the changes made through the selection committee to a greater level (getting use to the same players on the field and getting better at anticipation, more off loads etc.), you never know, we could win a few more than what we expected. The Roosters are a cut above most pf the teams in the comp and we competed well against them even though they had a few strong players missing.
What is it with so many of the Qld players this year? So many are playing without passion and little effort.
Maybe Kevvy told them to save themselves for SoO?

It was a rather good game to watch so even I groaned when Saints were laying on the pressure only to drop the ball. Don't mean to laugh but I can imagine how fans would've felt, lol.

Playing without a few key players and still performing so cohesively must have a lot to do with Easts training. Every man knew his job.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hunt did jack shit against the Chooks, back to the halves for him and bring Billy in.
CC

redv13

Bench
Hunt did jack shit against the Chooks, back to the halves for him and bring Billy in.
CC
In my opinion Hunt is damaged goods beyond repair under the current “coach”. Doesn’t matter where he plays, we’re getting the same result. Norman, bloody hell this bloke. My Parra mates warned me and now there pissing themselves every week as they get stronger and we get weaker. 2 mil of salary cap and not even a 10/10 performance between them. Sad times indeed

Old Timer

Coach
CC
Amazing how people want to pick Hunt at Hooker and move Mc Innes to lock.

You are 100% correct that Hunt did Jack Shit against the chooks and little more than that overall when playing 9

This whole preposterous idea starts because for 2 years we haven’t had a 13

If JDB was available then Hunt would be in the halves, in CC or released as there is no way he would push Cam out as the starting hooker.

Because if the ineptitude of career coach we have had every man and his dog at 13 and now to accomodate a completely malfunctioning 7 we move our best 9 to 13.

People need to ask themselves straight out Hunt or Mc Innes at 9 and the other should be let go as BB is more than good enough to be the bench Hooker to give the starting hooker a rest.

To think our starting 13 plays 20 to be then pushed into another position so we can push our starting 9 to 13 to accomodate the high priced shell shocked half who is a spud in every respect.

Then to top it all off the organising half that displaced Hunt is forced to play 2nd fiddle to the man he replaced and that imposter Norman who can’t combine with anyone in any position he plays.

Leave Mc Innes at 9 and pick a f**king lock who is suited to the position and can play 70-80.

Then make your mind up whether Hunt is 7 or not and the only thing to then do is drop Norman and pick your next best 5/8 and that doesn’t mean experiment with Hunt as no other club would look at him in that position.

Time for the reality check in that we purchased 2 absolute duds and by trying to accomodate them we are f**king up other honest players performances.