What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A bit early maybe, but I would make a few changes to the team for this game.
There is at least one, lets say out of left field inclusion, that I think needs to be made.

My team:

1. Dufty
2. Sailor
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Merrin

14. Hunt
15. Lawrie
16. K. Sims
17. Ford

I'm dropping Norman, simply because he's out of form and not creating much of anything.
Saab, well if his mind is on going elsewhere, well he shouln't be on the park and especially 1st grade.
Sullivan would need to be elevatedcfrom the DS, but we have 2 spots available.

I think team would be creative and offer some speed.

Thoughts?

redv13

Bench
To be honest I can’t see us getting anywhere near the Raiders especially at night and down at Bruce. Their backline is slick and will destroy us. I think our forwards will struggle to back up after a physical effort last night and we usually struggle down there. Potential to get ugly

possm

Coach
To be honest I can’t see us getting anywhere near the Raiders especially at night and down at Bruce. Their backline is slick and will destroy us. I think our forwards will struggle to back up after a physical effort last night and we usually struggle down there. Potential to get ugly
How did the Raiders manage to assemble such a strong squad and we such a squad that is not performing?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Dufty
Sailor
Fuimaono
Lomax
Ravalawa
Mc Innes
Clune
Kerr
Brittain
Vaughan
Frizell
Host
Merrin
Bench
Hunt
Ford
Lawrie
Korbin Sims
I would elevate Ramsey to wing when he is fit and move Sailor to five-eighth and Mc Innes back to hooker and drop Brittain.

Dragonsamy

Bench
There is at least one, lets say out of left field inclusion, that I think needs to be made.

My team:

1. Dufty
2. Sailor
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Merrin

14. Hunt
15. Lawrie
16. K. Sims
17. Ford

I'm dropping Norman, simply because he's out of form and not creating much of anything.
Saab, well if his mind is on going elsewhere, well he shouln't be on the park and especially 1st grade.

Thoughts?

Like the above team but I'm not sure about Sullivan he was injured earlier this year medial damage to his knee not sure where he's been able to play any sort of football yet I don't think it's worth rushing back and getting a further injury. I would play sailor instead of Norman. I do like your team

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Raiders lose in golden point to the Eels 25-24. The Raiders came back in the second half to draw level at 24 all but in the end Gutho kicked the field goal to win it for the Eels.

We need to play hard and fast against the Raiders next week. Going to be a tough one down at Campbelltown.

redv13

Bench
Raiders lose in golden point to the Eels 25-24. The Raiders came back in the second half to draw level at 24 all but in the end Gutho kicked the field goal to win it for the Eels.

We need to play hard and fast against the Raiders next week. Going to be a tough one down at Campbelltown.
DD, unfortunately we’re no where near the level of Easts, Parra and Canberra. We’re going to get smoked Friday night and there’s a solid chance the game will be moved to Bruce stadium. Can’t see us getting within 20 of them especially down there

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We score on average 15 points per game and have 21points scored against us. Hopefully Sailor could help us to improve our attack and at centre Fuimaono could help improve our defence. Saab is error prone so we can not afford to risk playing him again as he has no upside only downside when he leaves his wing unattended and cannot take the high ball. He is very lacking in basic skills and looks lost.

nickdragons90

Juniors
Can’t see, McGregor making to many changes . Maybe sailor for Norman? Corey Norman really doesn’t offer much at all. Possibly start hunt at 9 and McInnes at 13, Merrin back to bench? Raiders will be hungry after 2 straight losses. There back at Bruce stadium I believe? This could get ugly. Very ugly. I can see the raiders putting 40 plus on us. I can’t see us getting more than 12, maybe 18 if we are lucky.

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 8 Raiders vs Dragons
Telstra Premiership

Round 8 - Friday 3rd July 2020

Match: Raiders vs Dragons
Kick off: 6:00pm
raiders-badge.svg

home Team

Raiders

6th Position

dragons-badge.svg

away Team

Dragons

12th Position

Venue: Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Unknown

Stats
Head-to-Head
Canberra Raiders and St. George Illawarra Dragons have played 30 games. Canberra Raiders has won 18 games. St. George Illawarra Dragons has won 11 games. They have drawn 1 game.

Head-To-Head
Since 1998
Played

Won

Drawn
Previous Meetings

Match: Dragons vs Raiders

Sunday 14th July 2019

F ull T ime

home Team

Dragons

Scored 14 points

away Team

Raiders

Scored 36 points

Match: Dragons vs Raiders

Sunday 20th May 2018

F ull T ime

home Team

Dragons

Scored 25 points

away Team

Raiders

Scored 18 points

Form Guide
Raiders recent results:
Dragons recent results:
Current Season
Wins this season
57% 4/7

29% 2/7
Points Scored
home Canberra Raiders

away St. George Illawarra Dragons
Points Conceded
home Canberra Raiders

Completion Rate
77%
77%

Tackle Efficiency
88.2%
89.5%

Average Points Scored
home Canberra Raiders

Average Points Conceded
home Canberra Raiders

Average Play The Ball
3.45s
3.58s

Key Stats
Wins at this venue
40% 6/15

75% 3/4

Wins overall
46% 266/581

49% 273/562

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2020/round-8-raiders-v-dragons/

Crush

Coach

I think this game will be at Canberra?
I expect the wheels to completely fall off for Dragons in this game. Raiders are a team that like to put on a show against weak opponents. It will be 50.
Hate to be negative but I got a baaaaaad feeling about this one.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I hope we don't end up playing at Canberra, A. We're supposed to be the home team and B. pretty sure the hoodoo still works there. The selection panel should drop Norman but I bet they won't. Expect the Raiders to bounce back into the winner's circle irrespective of anything we do.

LINESPEED

Juniors

My team:

1. Dufty
2. Sailor
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Merrin

14. Hunt
15. Lawrie
16. K. Sims
17. Ford

Thoughts?

There can be no fluid backline passing/attack with Aitken I would think.
That’s why even Waterboy broke the 6 year mould

(pre Selection Committee even)

....& selected Williame

Select Feagai instead

As I’ve said, we need more than
‘just OK’ performances from single dimensional players like Aitken to win a title.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
DD, unfortunately we’re no where near the level of Easts, Parra and Canberra. We’re going to get smoked Friday night and there’s a solid chance the game will be moved to Bruce stadium. Can’t see us getting within 20 of them especially down there
Yes it is pretty bad knowing the outcome before the game has started. The Raiders would be hurting at the moment and will be coming at us for sure next week. Cheers!

Dragon David

First Grade
We score on average 15 points per game and have 21points scored against us. Hopefully Sailor could help us to improve our attack and at centre Fuimaono could help improve our defence. Saab is error prone so we can not afford to risk playing him again as he has no upside only downside when he leaves his wing unattended and cannot take the high ball. He is very lacking in basic skills and looks lost.
Agreed.