What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best centre pairing you have ever seen play footy

gunpk

Juniors
Lyon is like the classic skilled centre and Matai was known for strong defence but his attack was always very underrated.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I dislike Manly as much as the next bloke but the Lyon/Matai pairing was undeniable. Lyon just had everything and was a complete footballer, and I still believe Matai was one of the most underrated players of the NRL era. Couldn’t ask for anything more at club level to be honest.

blue bags

First Grade
best sharks pair ET , MCGAW both played origin, tests together aswell wow
can you name another team pair of centres that has done that ?
very rare

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
in terms of RL resumes and achievements in the game, i dont know that i can get better, certainly not in my lifetime than Meninga-Wiki

Meninga is arguably the most decorated RL figure in history, Wiki is one of the best 5? Kiwi players of all time.

Meninga-Daley might win in terms of pure playing talent.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Gaz and Coops could do special shit on their day. But Lyon and Matai had more runs on the board so I'll run with them.