What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The scoreline totally flattered them, some BS calls, injuries and our own mistakes made the game close. The Raiders are in deep poo and will struggle to make top 4 IMO.

I know it sounds stupid (and my heart hates it), but they are the type of games we need and to be able to win.

It builds our character / experience in close games (to be able to close them out) which we lack (and were shit at last year).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know it sounds stupid (and my heart hates it), but they are the type of games we need and to be able to win.

It builds our character / experience in close games (to be able to close them out) which we lack (and were shit at last year).
Wins like tonight are great for the team, just not for the fans.

Lol just saw the Ricky Presser, Holy shit he sounded like Hages. Not far from where we want to be.

Soto

Bench
The scoreline totally flattered them, some BS calls, injuries and our own mistakes made the game close. The Raiders are in deep poo and will struggle to make top 4 IMO.
Rapana with his filth dog shots should have been put in the bin. That was a blatant high shot on Alvaro and couldn't handle copping a beautiful palm to the face from Sivo so he comes back with a cheap shot.
First time I've ever seen someone penalised for smashing someone around the armpits and then put on report for it. Gutho use your captains challenge!!!!
Surprised Waqa passed HIA.
I reckon he was still concussed when he came back on as I cant explain the ease of Whitehead bursting through...that right side defence needs fixing asap..plus there will be a new 7 for the next month or so.
I reckon Taka may start with Salmon or Field on the bench.
I'm sure we will see more kicking from Mahoney next week.
Love the fact we won in the end.
End of the day we were the better side. Good teams win those games. We are becoming a good team...

lucablight

First Grade
I still can’t tell if Taikarangi is a good or bad rugby league player. I thought Niukore had a breakout game tonight. Really stood up in Browns absence. Only one loss for the season after playing the Sea Eagles, Panthers, Roosters and Raiders is a fantastic result.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wins like tonight are great for the team, just not for the fans.

Lol just saw the Ricky Presser, Holy shit he sounded like Hages. Not far from where we want to be.
He has no grasp of formulating an appropriate response. He speaks to hear himself speak. Rarely makes sense. His go to move then is to get agro and walk off. Im always amazed why most appear threatened by him. Its not difficult to see that this would wear thin with his players. Somebody should snot the egotistical pr*ck. I hope he got lots of annoying "textas" after tonights loss.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He has no grasp of formulating an appropriate response. He speaks to hear himself speak. Rarely makes sense. His go to move then is to get agro and walk off. Im always amazed why most appear threatened by him. Its not difficult to see that this would wear thin with his players. Somebody should snot the egotistical pr*ck. I hope he got lots of annoying "textas" after tonights loss.
He's a classic narcissist. He treated our club like a dirty arse, he's already blaming players and they don't look a happy team atm.

Soto

Bench
I still can’t tell if Taikarangi is a good or bad rugby league player. I thought Niukore had a breakout game tonight. Really stood up in Browns absence. Only one loss for the season after playing the Sea Eagles, Panthers, Roosters and Raiders is a fantastic result.
Nuikore has been fantastic all 3 games he has started in Brown's absence.
The bench when all players are available will be:
Evans
Nuikore
Kaufusi
Taka/Stone/Field
The 4th bench player has to be the utility that can cover a number of positions.
Atm we are fortunate Taka can do that and Matto can play at 6 or centre if need be.
Field can also play fullback, wing, centre, 5/8 and hooker if need be.
The 4th bench player may change dependant on game plan and opposition

Chipmunk

Coach
Is Evans due back next week?

If so, I'd put Evans in jumper 7 on Tuesday afternoon.

This way our opponents have no f**king idea what our plan is until 1 hour before kick off...

Last edited:

Soto

Bench
Is Evans due back next week?

If so, I'd put Evans in jumper 7 on Tuesday afternoon.

This way our opponents have no f**king idea what our plan is until 1 hour before kick off...
I think the 7 jumper might be too small for him...
But i think i heard or read 2 weeks for KE.
So probably might not play against the cows.
One bloke with silky skills and late footwork before the line is David Gower...
Still believe Taka will start with Salmon or Field on the bench as backup

Pugzley

images
Woot woot!!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Great win

We got penalised 3 times for tackling too hard. Wow.
They scored off a massive forward pass. Wow.
We get denied a try from a tap back which the video ref decides not to rule on. Wow.
We get shouldered in the head and tackled around the neck (both reportable), no penalties even after our guys correctly stay on the ground to wait for the penalty. Wow.

Seeing Ricky crying at the presser. Priceless.
Seeing Rickys red headed stepson blowing up. Priceless.