What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R7 Sat - Eels 25-24* Raiders @ Bankwest

Round 7: Eels v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
We are really poor at pressuring sides. I know after we beat the Storm everyone was talking about how the game had passed Melbourne but we are really struggling with the new rules and Stick is the most stubborn man in the world.

For instance it was a common tactic last year for Hodgson just to pass the ball out to the centres on the last and turn the ball over on the goal line and muscle up. This year with the tackle reset its a risky tactic and teams should play for possession (ie by kicking for the in goal) because a 7 tackle set isn't as big a penalty in a world where the ref can just restart the tackle count.

Kicking before the 5th is another dumb one. It is better to have the ball in hand because you might win a tackle restart.

Thats not mentioning things like the glacial line speed and attack that never asks questions. When we did ask questions we scored tries. Stick has the new interpretation of the rules all wrong.

yep and the season will be over by the time Sticky admits his tactics are shit and needs to change them....

flippikat

Bench
As a neutral, I think this would be a pretty cool match-up to see in the Grand Final.

Both clubs with long premiership droughts (the two longest in the NRL!), both playing footy that's fun to watch, and with a close game now that's not gonna have a rematch unless they meet in October.

Yeah, a Raiders v Eels GF would be really cool... and it's quite possible.

84 Baby

Referee
What was said?
giphy.gif

natheel

Coach
it was 6-12 when he went off, is now 24-12

you keep blindly defending him but
If he was a turnstile his team wouldn't win so many games.

or sit at a tackle efficiency of 86%

Cleary is at 81% this year while Pearce is at 88%
Williams and DCE are the best defensive half backs to date this season over 90% each

prior to going off Moses was at 6/6 tackles. His defensive reads are much improved it’s his size that can let him down but he’s no longer stepping aside from tackles and getting his body in front slowing them down now. His awareness is much better.

natheel

Coach
As a neutral, I think this would be a pretty cool match-up to see in the Grand Final.

Both clubs with long premiership droughts (the two longest in the NRL!), both playing footy that's fun to watch, and with a close game now that's not gonna have a rematch unless they meet in October.

Yeah, a Raiders v Eels GF would be really cool... and it's quite possible.
The past 3 games we have played I fee have al been entertaining games. Penrith, Roosters and Raiders. If we make the Gf I feel we play one of those 3

Latest posts