What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

redv13

Bench
Saab is signed long term as are a few others that are more costly then him and not performing to their full potential. Yes he needs to work on his game and so the coach should organise somone to work with him on this.
Maybe Saab can get his ex origin minder/driver to teach him how to play 1st grade coz so far he has shown zip.

possm

Coach
Except it’s widely known that the coach doesn’t pick the side now, hence Saab’s selection. So your point is irrelevant. People on this forum been howling for his inclusion and saying coach has no idea for not picking him. On this occasion McGregor has been vindicated. He gets plenty wrong though.
If you are the coach, would you have arranged for Saab to be doing extras during the week in an effort to give him the best chance to succeed during this game?

redv13

Bench
If you are the coach, would you have arranged for Saab to be doing extras during the week in an effort to give him the best chance to succeed during this game?
Saab annoyed me last year vs Souths when he cost us the game twice in the last min. Drops the short kick off then stuffs up the tackle in the corner with Aitken.
Saab annoyed me in the 9’s final vs the cows by getting pulled down and bundled into touch just b4 ht.
Saab really annoyed me last night by missing/falling off tackles, getting man handled bringing the ball back, pi$$ poor jumping for the ball and getting shown up by a 34 year old grey haired BMoz. Don’t even start me on him running 20 meters in for nobody then Keary puts a kick in for Mr grey hair. Considering his recent attitude towards the club I’m more than happy to say pull your head in or fu*k off

mickeylane

Bench
The kid may end up being a good winger but at the moment the worst thing in his life is his old man in the background causing all the unrest. He has shopped the kid to 3 different agents because the current one can’t get him out of his contract so he can sign for his old mans beloved Souths.. every other team is a smokescreen- it’s Souths and only Souths for the kid especially as Souths are trying to offload Gagai next year ..FFS the old man turned up to the kids jumper presentation w a Souths jumper on - I would have thrown the mug out of the dressing room .. f**king disrespectful prick!

TruSaint

Referee
The kid may end up being a good winger but at the moment the worst thing in his life is his old man in the background causing all the unrest. He has shopped the kid to 3 different agents because the current one can’t get him out of his contract so he can sign for his old mans beloved Souths.. every other team is a smokescreen- it’s Souths and only Souths for the kid especially as Souths are trying to offload Gagai next year ..

Well if thats true, along with all the links here by people saying he wants out, then we should let him go.

Im not gonna hang him on one poor game as but @redv13 said, it wasn't his first poor performance, and more so if his heart isn't in it then why should we keep him on the books.

possm

Coach
Saab has got so much to learn it is not funny. Still very green and needs a lot of game time to hone any skills he might have to be a regular first grader. Sometimes it could be a good thing to be tall but when you see him being out jumped by Morris, he needs to get himself in position quickly to run and jump to catch the high balls in the in goal rather than jump at a stand still. Yes, he has a lot to learn yet as I said.
Should have been a penalty because Morris jumped into him knocking him out of contention for the ball. Last night the ref had a keen eye on Saints indescretions and seem to pay little attention to the Roosters deeds. In the second half, the majority of 50/50 calls went the way of the Roosters.

Saab is a keeper, he has all the attributes we need on the right wing. All he needs is to be mentored and coached by a good international winger. He needs to form a combination with his inside centre and fullback in defence and attack. He needs to be taught:
How to use his size to compete for the high ball.
The need to mark his opposite winger.
The need to communicate with his centre in defence and attack.

Saab has the size, the speed and the strength to succeed as a first-grade winger. All he needs is for someone to take him under their care and see that he has the necessary coaching and practice to succeed.

redv13

Bench
Should have been a penalty because Morris jumped into him knocking him out of contention for the ball. Last night the ref had a keen eye on Saints indescretions and seem to pay little attention to the Roosters deeds. In the second half, the majority of 50/50 calls went the way of the Roosters.

Saab is a keeper, he has all the attributes we need on the right wing. All he needs is to be mentored and coached by a good international winger. He needs to form a combination with his inside centre and fullback in defence and attack. He needs to be taught:
How to use his size to compete for the high ball.
The need to mark his opposite winger.
The need to communicate with his centre in defence and attack.

Saab has the size, the speed and the strength to succeed as a first-grade winger. All he needs is for someone to take him under their care and see that he has the necessary coaching and practice to succeed.
Possm be honest. Saab’s performance last night was about a 4/10. Not sure what game you watched but to me he seemed disinterested and was barely going through the motions. If the kid continues to want out then Saints need to grow a big set of balls and tell him to enjoy the training with no playing until a decent player swap is favourable FOR US not him!!

dragon thomo

Juniors
Player swap. Let him go now,if he doesnt want to stay i dont want him wearing the red V.
It shits me that we keep players at the club that dont respect the jumer.
Piss Frizzel off to

Dragon David

First Grade
Would any other club take on Saab after his only fair performance last Friday? You would wonder, but I guess it was his first game back for some months. If he plays next week against the Raiders and plays the same, well he would be no good for us long term in my opinion so whatever club wants him he should be released to, then we can sign up someone more worthwhile.

Timmo62

Juniors
I want players here that want to be part of the rebuild. Not for the dollars unless they are the Marquee player. Pay overs for a player who then only puts in 90 per cent and then wants out in a couple of years is a receipe for failure. The juniors are the future, use them.

Dragon David

First Grade
I want players here that want to be part of the rebuild. Not for the dollars unless they are the Marquee player. Pay overs for a player who then only puts in 90 per cent and then wants out in a couple of years is a receipe for failure. The juniors are the future, use them.
Yes, time for more of our juniors to have a run. This season is more or less over for us anyway - I cannot see them getting anywhere near the top 8 (the top 8 I think has already been established).

As we know, Saab played in our SG Ball team and showed plenty of promise and potential and so he was signed up by the best in the business (Millward LOL) to a four year deal, originally as a development player then added to the 30 man squad. His junior days was with Merrylands Rams club in the Parramatta area.

If he is now not happy, then let him go but who would take him (see my previous post in this thread)?

redVinme

Juniors
Wants to go to souths? Straight swap for AJ with money their way. I was never sold on him but he is a real professional footy player. Brings pace and experience to a rookie back line. He has been looking for work and hitting hard this year. Him or Campbell Graham. Not sold on burns seems a. Bit no where

rasaint

Juniors
Alex Johnson is blistering quick. He would rival Ado Carr. Swap Saab for Johnson with money to Souths if this is possible, a good deal. We need speed and let’s face it when we won in 2010 speed was a big factor. We had Soward, Gasnier, Cooper, Morris and the the quick Darius Boyd at fullback.Wow, speed everywhere.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Question, let’s be fair McIdiot was a good centre back etc. So why haven’t we had a strong backline. You would think having him at the helm would improve the likes of Aiken, Lafai, Lomax Saab etc etc etc.
Simple reason he can’t coach can’t lead men so he is a selfish individual and that is ok just don’t coach a team. He should reach out to Matt Cooper and Gaz and ask for help. However he doesn’t listen to anyone other than his own voice.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
for me we cant dominate in defence like the tops teams

we dont make other teams work hard enough to adjust and respond via our defence

watch the roosters attack in defence, adjusting to our attack and hitups and kicks

watch their kick chase and 4 man tackles

Saab was not good good at all but if Flanno could get our defence right and our kicking game wow !