What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

The scoreline totally flattered them, some BS calls, injuries and our own mistakes made the game close. The Raiders are in deep poo and will struggle to make top 4 IMO.

the ref def kept them in it and we made some dumb mistakes we also lost our main player And they still couldn’t win. Sucked in to the Viking Happy clappers.

Great win

We got penalised 3 times for tackling too hard. Wow.
They scored off a massive forward pass. Wow.
We get denied a try from a tap back which the video ref decides not to rule on. Wow.
We get shouldered in the head and tackled around the neck (both reportable), no penalties even after our guys correctly stay on the ground to wait for the penalty. Wow.

Seeing Ricky crying at the presser. Priceless.
Seeing Rickys red headed stepson blowing up. Priceless.

I’m telling ya I have never seen a ref this bad. How in earth does he keep his job?

when the little cry baby ranga punched out at Matterson from the ground and Matterson reacted by just grabbing they got the penalty. Just one of many other decisions that I’d shout WHY during the game.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I’m telling ya I have never seen a ref this bad. How in earth does he keep his job?

when the little cry baby ranga punched out at Matterson from the ground and Matterson reacted by just grabbing they got the penalty. Just one of many other decisions that I’d shout WHY during the game.

There was another punch too - was it Rapana?
I thought striking was 10 in the bin, not being ignored/ gifted a penalty?

But really, putting Sivo on report for a beautiful tackle??!!?? Video ref had plenty of time to say "dropout mate, you stuffed it"

Soto

Bench

I didn't shout WHY though....

emjaycee

Coach
I am pissed at the ref and touchy for their errors, moreso because both of them have a heap of FG experience, but probably more pissed at the Foxtel commentators for not making more out of the bad decisions than they did. The only reason the Manly forward pass in Round 5 got so much attention and had Annesley coming out and admitting the call was wrong, was because Fox kept talking about it after the game.

No one kept bringing up the numerous errors the refs made last night, although Alexander wanted to but it seemed like he was muzzled. Where was the question to BA in the presser, like Des go 3 weeks ago? Where was the challenge to Stuarts "we need more luck" in his presser?

Foxtel and Nien are both running and ruining the game.

IFR33K

Coach
I am pissed at the ref and touchy for their errors, moreso because both of them have a heap of FG experience, but probably more pissed at the Foxtel commentators for not making more out of the bad decisions than they did. The only reason the Manly forward pass in Round 5 got so much attention and had Annesley coming out and admitting the call was wrong, was because Fox kept talking about it after the game.

No one kept bringing up the numerous errors the refs made last night, although Alexander wanted to but it seemed like he was muzzled. Where was the question to BA in the presser, like Des go 3 weeks ago? Where was the challenge to Stuarts "we need more luck" in his presser?

If they kept banging on about the bad calls the eels got, or that Canberra got the rub of the green it would of contradicted what Ricky was saying about luck. And fox don’t want to upset their friend Ricky

Bandwagon

Staff member

Because the right team won, the ref's ineptitude didn't affect the outcome.

That's the difference for mine.

IFR33K

Coach
Twas a good win in the end, but that’s twice where we’ve allowed teams back into the contest and given them a chance to win games after we’ve all but put the final nail in the coffin. We really need to have an attitude adjustment in those type of games. The roosters and storm would never allow teams back into the game in the final stages...

Happy MEel

First Grade
kick gaming will be ok, we can now train for it. Obviously Mahoney is there. But also just means we need to position Gutho or Matterson (assuming he can still kick) on the 5th in the right position as a back up.

Additionally who ever is the replacement probably is also an option.

All we need to do is show the opposition is we have other options then Drown so they can’t smash him and confident we can do that pretty easily
Will Smith is not a kicking option!!!

hindy111

Post Whore

No it was cause it was the last play of the game and for the win. If Manly was already infront or if Parra was up by 10 and it had not effected the win then I doubt it gets much coverage.
The Canberra try was early, Parra still won and even if they hadn't the timing of when it happens changed how we approached game. Which we where able to do.

Manly was robbed and didnt get a chance

hindy111

Post Whore
Is anyone else concerned that we have had 2 games won and then almost lost them in the last 5mins. The Manly game should of been a wake up call. This one should be having BA put a rocket up them. Woefull to switch off like that.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is anyone else concerned that we have had 2 games won and then almost lost them in the last 5mins. The Manly game should of been a wake up call. This one should be having BA put a rocket up them. Woefull to switch off like that.

no, as we held on to win. If it was against bottom 4 sides yes, but it’s been against the top 4 or so sides......

I would be more concerned as a panther giving up 2 good leads against the eels and knights and actually not winning ......

strider

Post Whore
No it was cause it was the last play of the game and for the win. If Manly was already infront or if Parra was up by 10 and it had not effected the win then I doubt it gets much coverage.
The Canberra try was early, Parra still won and even if they hadn't the timing of when it happens changed how we approached game. Which we where able to do.

f**k off

emjaycee

Coach

So refereeing f**k ups only count if they happen in the 79th minute and the result is on the line... no wonder they are a protected species. Even players don't get that luxury.