What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 8 vs Cowboys Team List Thread

emjaycee

Coach
With Moses out, there will be a change or two for sure but I think BA will try and minimise it and keep it simple:

1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Jenko
4. Waqo
5. Fergo
6. Browno
7. Fieldo
8. Rego
9. Rheedo
10. Paulo
11. Lano
12. Matto
13. Marato

14. Kano
15. Oregano
16. Stono
17. Tako

Despite the numbers on their back, I can see Jennings shifting to the right to help Field in D (he did this when we first signed Moses and his D needed help). Dylan, Lane, Blake, Sivo can handle the left edge without too much problem.

Evans in for Alvaro if he is fit, given Alvaro only got 8 mins and Evans was on fire before his injury.
Stone and Oregon to hold their spots and Taka as the utility who hopefully won't actually get any game time.

Gronk

Staff member
No Moses.
Can Dylan Brown run a team and be the tackle 5 guy ?
Who will be 6 ? Taka ? Salmon ? Field ? Will Smith ? :grimacing:

I think the spine will be

1. Gutho
6. Taka.
7. Drown
9. Reed.

Gutho to sweep and play that 6 role in the red zone.

Gronk

Staff member
Head performance guy Brendan said on Wednesday that KEvans will be a couple of weeks.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Same side except Salmon to 5/8 Drown to halfback.

it’s the strongest option defensively additionally he already has NRL experience / experience in our structure, in the position.

Drown as our main kicker won’t be an issue as we have other options (Mahoney, Gutho and Salmon if picked) so he can’t be targeted.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With Moses out, there will be a change or two for sure but I think BA will try and minimise it and keep it simple:

1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Jenko
4. Waqo
5. Fergo
6. Browno
7. Fieldo
8. Rego
9. Rheedo
10. Paulo
11. Lano
12. Matto
13. Marato

14. Kano
15. Oregano
16. Stono
17. Tako

Despite the numbers on their back, I can see Jennings shifting to the right to help Field in D (he did this when we first signed Moses and his D needed help). Dylan, Lane, Blake, Sivo can handle the left edge without too much problem.

Evans in for Alvaro if he is fit, given Alvaro only got 8 mins and Evans was on fire before his injury.
Stone and Oregon to hold their spots and Taka as the utility who hopefully won't actually get any game time.

moving Jennings would be a mistake, his side has been quite dangerous and produced a few tries (Sivo, Jennings/ lane). Don’t want to break up that combo.

Moses replacement should be the strongest defensively and the least disruptive to our side / structure,

Pazza

First Grade
Gutherson
Fargo
Waqa
Jennings
Sick
Brown
Salmon
RCG
Mahoney
Paulo
Lane
Matto
Marata

Stone
Evans
Oregon
Taka

strider

Post Whore
yeah i am guessing salmon to #6 ..... I would be concerned with Field at 6 - defense mostly. Salmon should be ok against mid comp opposition. Salmon got portugese chickened against the storm defensively, but hopefully he learnt something from that.

I also think Taka is ok cover if something goes wrong, but i wouldn't plan a gamewith at 6 - he showed last night he can run hard - he is a better forward/centre/wing option.

The only other options ... Matto to 6 - but I think he has got too big and its better he stays on the edge where he is so effective .... or gutho to 6, field/rankin to 1 - but I think gutho is too valuable at 1 popping up all over the place

Bazal

Post Whore
Salmon six for mine, only change I would make unless Evans is fit. Or there's another injury we haven't heard about obviously

Field at six also acceptable.

Taka at six never acceptable

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching a lot of Wenty last season I reckon Rhys Davies would be ok. He is a boring footballer but he defends well and has a great kicking game, especially close to the line. Also a brilliant goal kicker. If want someone to take over the general kicking in game you must go with him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
May even be a blessing in disguise having Moises out for potentially 6 weeks. Come back fresh.
We should win 4 of these games minimum without him if we are fair dinkum, maybe even 5 - Cowboys, Knights, Manly, Bulldogs, Sharks, Dragons

Considering our next opposition is the Cowboys who to be fair, whilst they had a good win v Knights, aint no where near the intensity or quality level our previous 4 opponents have been. Knights were woeful made ton of errors, Pearce was shit. Ponga did FA.

Expect Dylan to run the side around at 6. Not fussed who is at 7. We have the defence and ammunition to do a job on Friday

My spine

1. Gutho
6. DBrown
7. Field
9. Mahoney

14. Taka

After watching a lot of Wenty last season I reckon Rhys Davies would be ok. He is a boring footballer but he defends well and has a great kicking game, especially close to the line. Also a brilliant goal kicker. If want someone to take over the general kicking in game you must go with him.
I'd rather play Andrew Davies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sure why they would play Brown at 7, he will still play on the left, so the number doesn't really mean much

if we are rucking from the left he will be at play maker which he does now with Mitch in there some where, I dont think much will change but just so grateful to have him

he's been a revelation this year, his defense is outstanding

Noise

Coach
Some rumours going around that Broncos season ticket holders were asked to pay for tickets to yesterday's match? Surely that is a load of shit. They better not expect us to pay if we get selected to go to the Cowboys game.