What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Noting will change until a clean out of the back office is complete

Last start with a new coach.

We seem to have a good lot of youngsters coming through. I guess not all will make it but why don’t we start with the kids and build a team around them. Bring the kids up see who had got what and if we need to pay a bit extra for a player pay it as that’s what we need and allow the juniors some leeway. It may take a year or 2 to work who is going to make it but we have had 7 years of a moron who wasn’t going to make it control our club

denis preston

First Grade
He's getting better each game amazing what happens when you out faith in a player and give them more than just 7 minute cameos off the bench in the dying minutes.[/QUOTE
He's getting better each game amazing what happens when you out faith in a player and give them more than just 7 minute cameos off the bench in the dying minutes.

Spot on.Add to that Kerr's comment last week that his improved form is due to feeling more settled and getting regular NRL game time compared to feeling insecure in the role and looking over his shoulder to get dropped again. Havent most of us been saying the same thing on these two as well as Host, Ford,Dufty,etc.
Geez sometimes i think it really isn't that hard to run a NRL side or at least to get some of the basics right.

rasaint

Juniors
I have been pleased to see Zac improving the last few weeks.

He has run beautiful lines and good timing to score good centre trys ( fabulous Dufty passes sure help). His goal kicking very strong.

I have never said that Zac is ‘bog slow’ but his lack of dash is evident and unfortunately speed cannot be coached.

His defence is good except in a sliding situation when an opposing genuinely quick player gets outside him like happened against the Titans ( forget which one but Zac had to dive to grab some piece of jersey and an around corner pass for try was scored). Friday the very fast Brett Morris got outside him and again Zac tried to make ground and had to make an ineffective dive grab but try achieved. Have a look at Zac desperately chasing for Morris second half kick through try; he gets a real sway back which causes him to appear to be on a treadmill. Maybe some running style adjustments may assist.

Overall I will cheer Zac on for the next 5 years odd? and hope he becomes the ‘gun’ many posters on the forum believe he will become. I doubt it but maybe a strong Brett Finch style centre with strong goal kicking ability is on the cards.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Spot on.Add to that Kerr's comment last week that his improved form is due to feeling more settled and getting regular NRL game time compared to feeling insecure in the role and looking over his shoulder to get dropped again. Havent most of us been saying the same thing on these two as well as Host, Ford,Dufty,etc.
Geez sometimes i think it really isn't that hard to run a NRL side or at least to get some of the basics right.
It’s just like that Qld team. On top of the fact that stars just aligned and they ended up with a crop of elite player all at the same time, the main reason I believe they were so good was that the team changed very little so they had solid combinations. It’s funny now that a few players have been given an extended run they are starting to combine and grow in confidence. I think we are close to our best team. Maybe one or two tweaks and we will have a team that can just sneak into the 8 with some luck.

boardlumps62

Juniors
It’s just like that Qld team. On top of the fact that stars just aligned and they ended up with a crop of elite player all at the same time, the main reason I believe they were so good was that the team changed very little so they had solid combinations. It’s funny now that a few players have been given an extended run they are starting to combine and grow in confidence. I think we are close to our best team. Maybe one or two tweaks and we will have a team that can just sneak into the 8 with some luck.
This year?

possm

Coach
Noting will change until a clean out of the back office is complete

Last start with a new coach.

We seem to have a good lot of youngsters coming through. I guess not all will make it but why don’t we start with the kids and build a team around them. Bring the kids up see who had got what and if we need to pay a bit extra for a player pay it as that’s what we need and allow the juniors some leeway. It may take a year or 2 to work who is going to make it but we have had 7 years of a moron who wasn’t going to make it control our club
Our juniors should fill most of the positions in reserve grade. In that way they will cut their teeth on the replacement of first graders in short stints. In this way hopefully, they will gain the confidence and experience to step up when a first-grade player leaves or is unavailable.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He’s having an obvious lend of you folk and you’re too thick to see it.

Instead you stand around whining like school kids.

Not sure if it’s sad or funny.. I’m going with both..

Anyway, start your schoolyard bitching about me now..

avocado

Juniors
Sorry guys for taking this off topic.

I watched Zac closely in the holden cup. He was a standout most weeks and was brimming with confidence.
Once he hit first grade he was fked around by the coach. In then out then in for 5 minutes. You could see the change. He looked scared and unsure if himself.
The last few weeks he’s been much better. Passes are sticking. The step is a weapon again. The boy has his swagger back. Great signs.

Regarding his speed.
I was told that over 100 metres (at the time) he matched it with both Dufty and Field. Obviously the acceleration isn’t there but yeah. He is quick.

possm

Coach
Sorry guys for taking this off topic.

I watched Zac closely in the holden cup. He was a standout most weeks and was brimming with confidence.
Once he hit first grade he was fked around by the coach. In then out then in for 5 minutes. You could see the change. He looked scared and unsure if himself.
The last few weeks he’s been much better. Passes are sticking. The step is a weapon again. The boy has his swagger back. Great signs.

Regarding his speed.
I was told that over 100 metres (at the time) he matched it with both Dufty and Field. Obviously the acceleration isn’t there but yeah. He is quick.
Apparently the fifth fastest in the NRL.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Agree , although he still rushes out of the line...one dimensional in attack .If we want to be a contender, then he is not the type of player you need...

WRT Aitken, id be more positive if he hadn’t gone thru such a long term slump. Also kind of agree with the deficiencies... that said, he could be a good #14, able to do the back line and forwards, and I still think he has potential as a 13... If the price is right

Last edited: