What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Siebold is more concerned about vaccinating NRL players than Broncos performances

Canard

Immortal
5eibold is laughing all the way to the bank.

I’d love to see the Broncos sack him and refuse to pay him out. NRL fans would unanimously back Broncos for one time.

I can only see 5eibs then want to fight. With a fistful of spreadsheets. At the aquarium.

f**k the Broncos, they should have pay every cent they agreed to and face the consequences.

You must have smoked a big fat one, if you think opposition fans would unanimously support them getting off scott free and with no consequences.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I have a feeling (hope) that there is truth to a performance clause in the contract that would result in a 12 month payout.

Paul White has lost almost every supporter during his public spat with Wayne as it was just terribly immature. As Bennett was too, however Paul did not lead like a CEO, he carried on like a hormonal pubescent teen.

Karl Morris is a businessman, and reading the quotes that he put out in the Australian Weekly last week he was talking about the Broncos current situation like it was an institutional placement (capital raising) prospectus. Stick to Ord Minnett and your arrogant (RMW and puffer vest wearing but never been on a horse) brokers, mate.

It has taken many years and the taste of this is very sour, but a total shambles was needed.

Peter V'landy's must capitalise on this ASAP. The Broncos will be fine because there is a core supporter base that will stay during the rebuild. However, there is a peripheral supporter base that just love Rugby League and will go for the Broncos due to us being the only Brisbane team (however can't truly warm to the brand) these fans may jump on say Easts (Firehawks bid) or Redcliffe Dolphins.

I also found it very interesting that the 20,000 ticketed members were asked to PAY to attend last night. Money to the kitty for the sacking?

You’re right about the expensive part. If they sack the coach they’ll probably have to sack White as well. That’s a couple of large payouts right there.

couple this with the cap on football club spending and they may only be able to afford to pay one of us to coach the Broncos for the next few years.

That cap is specifically designed to stop clubs from signing coaches to big money long term deals like this.

Lachlan can give them 5million dollar paying jobs at News. He wipes his arse with ten million daily, so no biggie

Tommy Smith

Referee
5eibold is laughing all the way to the bank.

I’d love to see the Broncos sack him and refuse to pay him out. NRL fans would unanimously back Broncos for one time.

I can only see 5eibs then want to fight. With a fistful of spreadsheets. At the aquarium.
No freaking way.

I don't care if Seibs breaks my heart by eloping with Boyd Cordner, he signed a deal and it should be honoured with a pay out if he gets the guillotine.

And the Broncos should suffer the consequences for signing an unproven coach with a fishy smell about him to such a long term deal.

He was sellling the "I'm an innovative thinker" persona by laying it on thick with his boom boxes, game sense approach, Harvard leadership course, oh and don't forget the think tank sessions with his fashion designer mate.

I mean who was buying that bullshit, seriously? Well I mean who apart from Paul White and Darren Lockyer.

So the Broncos need to pay the full price for their stupidity. And when it costs them millions to pay him out they must refrain eternally from whinging to the NRL about wanting a bigger yearly hand out.

Glen

Bench
Notice he mentioned his five year deal a couple of times in the presser. Just rubbing the payout in their face if they want to get rid of him

Pommy

Coach
Makes me wonder how good that 2018 Souths team must’ve been? They made the finals despite being coached by this plonker. Probably would’ve won the comp with a decent coach.

The core of that team had won the title in 2014, then next few years of Maguires dictatorship style of coaching took its toll, players stop listening to shouting after so long.

AJB1102

First Grade
Cowboys really highlighted how clueless and heartless Brisbane are. Cows were shit and going nowhere but came together with a simple effort based game plan and did themselves proud.

Haas and Glenn the only 2 worth feeding at Brisbane.

big hit!

Bench
No freaking way.

I don't care if Seibs breaks my heart by eloping with Boyd Cordner, he signed a deal and it should be honoured with a pay out if he gets the guillotine.

And the Broncos should suffer the consequences for signing an unproven coach with a fishy smell about him to such a long term deal.

He was sellling the "I'm an innovative thinker" persona by laying it on thick with his boom boxes, game sense approach, Harvard leadership course, oh and don't forget the think tank sessions with his fashion designer mate.

I mean who was buying that bullshit, seriously? Well I mean who apart from Paul White and Darren Lockyer.

So the Broncos need to pay the full price for their stupidity. And when it costs them millions to pay him out they must refrain eternally from whinging to the NRL about wanting a bigger yearly hand out.

A big element to this are Seibold's predecessors at Souths and Brisbane.

At Souths, he succeeded Madge. By all reports, Maguire's methods are brutal. Souths became stale with that approach. Seibold and Devlin seemed to re-invigorate the squad in 2018. Of course, since that season, Seibold has zero relationship with anyone at Souths given the way he left the club. To get him to break the contract, Broncos needed to offer a substantial carrot. He wasn't going to leave for a measly 2-3yr deal.

Brisbane had Wayne. The word is he is a real player's man. He sends them home early, he gives them days off, he protects them from the media and the club itself, and basically tells them to play 'eyes up'. Seibold and Devlin roll in mid pre-season for 2019 and implement their full-day work conditions, bring exercise book and pen to meetings, and tactical periodisation philosophy. It's so far removed, and considered a chore in comparison to Bennett's way.

Even though it's proven with the All Blacks and Eddie Jones with both Japan and England, as well as the big soccer coaches in Europe, is this tactical periodisation method suitable for a predominantly young squad who probably still need to consolidate the basic skills to play rugby league?

Last edited:

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I have a feeling (hope) that there is truth to a performance clause in the contract that would result in a 12 month payout.

Paul White has lost almost every supporter during his public spat with Wayne as it was just terribly immature. As Bennett was too, however Paul did not lead like a CEO, he carried on like a hormonal pubescent teen.

Karl Morris is a businessman, and reading the quotes that he put out in the Australian Weekly last week he was talking about the Broncos current situation like it was an institutional placement (capital raising) prospectus. Stick to Ord Minnett and your arrogant (RMW and puffer vest wearing but never been on a horse) brokers, mate.

It has taken many years and the taste of this is very sour, but a total shambles was needed.

Peter V'landy's must capitalise on this ASAP. The Broncos will be fine because there is a core supporter base that will stay during the rebuild. However, there is a peripheral supporter base that just love Rugby League and will go for the Broncos due to us being the only Brisbane team (however can't truly warm to the brand) these fans may jump on say Easts (Firehawks bid) or Redcliffe Dolphins.

I also found it very interesting that the 20,000 ticketed members were asked to PAY to attend last night. Money to the kitty for the sacking?

say what , they are they are ticketed member and have to PAY to attend the game

what the f**k, how have the media not slammed them, those people are entitled to attend as they paid their ticketed membership

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seibold said he thought the crowd was booing the referees and not the players at halftime :joy::joy::joy: how deluded is this merkin?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
say what , they are they are ticketed member and have to PAY to attend the game

what the f**k, how have the media not slammed them, those people are entitled to attend as they paid their ticketed membership

Through trolling through twitter and facebook that is what I have found yes. Apparently ticketed members were sent codes to access discounts for match day tickets. Explains why there were only 6,262 fans there last night.

I am not sure but maybe the NRL has taken ownership of the events, like they do for finals.

Noise

Coach
Cowboys really highlighted how clueless and heartless Brisbane are. Cows were shit and going nowhere but came together with a simple effort based game plan and did themselves proud.

Haas and Glenn the only 2 worth feeding at Brisbane.
I hate the Broncos but I don't know what games you have been watching. The Broncos beat the Cowboys....in round 1. The Broncos lost to the Gold Coast last night.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s staggering that a club with the resources the broncos have can be so sht. Surely it can’t just be the coach at fault?

AJB1102

First Grade
I hate the Broncos but I don't know what games you have been watching. The Broncos beat the Cowboys....in round 1. The Broncos lost to the Gold Coast last night.

The f**k you talking about round 1 for?

I was comparing how each side responded to last week.

No freaking way.

Reading back my post, it didn’t quite come out right.

Anyway, 5eibs is fkd as are the Broncos.

I’m LOLing until Bennett leaves Souths in a mess.