What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players laughing and joking after a loss

Perth Red

Post Whore
No doubt we will hear much opinion about it this week after Broncos performance and frivolity at the end. As a fan how much does it irk you when you see your players at the end of a game after a loss joking and smiling?

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I think media and fans make a big deal out of it , but in saying that i think it does show more about current generation of players in general that don’t have that passion for clubs they play as it’s all a business. This is the fault of clubs and coaches as well as they have turned it to a business with by poaching players , shopping there current roster etc

look at the dragons when they were losing and you would see footage of James graham shattered at end of each game . These older players put their heart and soul into the clubs they played and win / loss means a lot for them

Silent Knight

First Grade
I’ve seen it over the years from certain Knights players and it really infuriates me if we’ve just been flogged or haven’t been trying. If it’s a close loss and they’ve tried their best I can cop it.

The thing is after every Knights loss I’m usually hurting pretty badly because I genuinely care about the club.

If the players don’t put in and then laugh and joke with the opposition I consider it a double slap in the face. Especially as I’ve been a member for several years and you see that and ask yourself is this the reward for my commitment to the club?

Maybe it’s just this latest generation but I just can’t fathom how you can be so casual after a loss. That never used to happen during the Chief and Joey years, the players hated losing.

dogslife

Coach
With the next generation of kids coming through, winning and losing will be gone from the game. Replaced by "tried" and "tried harder"

I for one can't wait, I don't want to see kids exposed to losing.

This Year?

Immortal
I’ve seen it over the years from certain Knights players and it really infuriates me if we’ve just been flogged or haven’t been trying. If it’s a close loss and they’ve tried their best I can cop it.

The thing is after every Knights loss I’m usually hurting pretty badly because I genuinely care about the club.

If the players don’t put in and then laugh and joke with the opposition I consider it a double slap in the face. Especially as I’ve been a member for several years and you see that and ask yourself is this the reward for my commitment to the club?

Maybe it’s just this latest generation but I just can’t fathom how you can be so casual after a loss. That never used to happen during the Chief and Joey years, the players hated losing.
Joey's sooks after a loss were epic. He was a massive sore loser. I don't get the casual thing after a loss either. To me as a fan, I interpret it as they don't a shit about their performance. Save the casual shit for the carpark or the post match function.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think media and fans make a big deal out of it , but in saying that i think it does show more about current generation of players in general that don’t have that passion for clubs they play as it’s all a business. This is the fault of clubs and coaches as well as they have turned it to a business with by poaching players , shopping there current roster etc

look at the dragons when they were losing and you would see footage of James graham shattered at end of each game . These older players put their heart and soul into the clubs they played and win / loss means a lot for them

no one hated losing more than Graham, one reason why fans loved him. CEOs need to be having a word to players and telling them looking like they don’t give a sht at the end of a game isn’t good for business,

6E5B2A78-F850-4C57-8CF7-EA2F062F9368.jpeg

Front-Rower

First Grade
When you are getting flogged every week sometimes having a laugh is the best thing. No point cracking it every week when you are badly out of form.

shear_joy9

Coach
You can understand Luke laughing and joking around after the game. He probably doesn’t even know all the broncos names yet and is just basically just a contractor now hunting around for his next pay check

Valheru

Coach
I think this gets way too much attention, i get that it would annoy fans after very heavy losses bit in general what is being dippy towards the oppositon after the game going to achieve?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Anyone would think football players are human beings.

How do you know they are joking anyway?

This is about as important as players not honouring the guard of honour the cheerleaders create for them as they run out. Utter disrespect to break the wall of dance.

I think this gets way too much attention, i get that it would annoy fans after very heavy losses bit in general what is being dippy towards the oppositon after the game going to achieve?

I dunno, mate. A game in 2016 where I think it was Cronulla that put a big score on us. Latrell couldn’t hide his tears. You knew then that they were at least putting in and that’s what you want to see. Of course now I realise Latrell has a sook post game anyway but you get my point.

Latest posts