What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

This Year?

Immortal
Robbo has you conned.
You would have seen a different attitude if they had lost the game.
He is the biggest whinger of all when they get beaten...just lucky he has landed a gig where they have unlimited funding for their roster.
Reminds me of the presser after they lost an ANZAC Day game and he sooked about Aitken and the refs and made a complete ass of himself.

Como Connection

First Grade
Amazing how people want to pick Hunt at Hooker and move Mc Innes to lock.

You are 100% correct that Hunt did Jack Shit against the chooks and little more than that overall when playing 9

This whole preposterous idea starts because for 2 years we haven’t had a 13

If JDB was available then Hunt would be in the halves, in CC or released as there is no way he would push Cam out as the starting hooker.

Because if the ineptitude of career coach we have had every man and his dog at 13 and now to accomodate a completely malfunctioning 7 we move our best 9 to 13.

People need to ask themselves straight out Hunt or Mc Innes at 9 and the other should be let go as BB is more than good enough to be the bench Hooker to give the starting hooker a rest.

To think our starting 13 plays 20 to be then pushed into another position so we can push our starting 9 to 13 to accomodate the high priced shell shocked half who is a spud in every respect.

Then to top it all off the organising half that displaced Hunt is forced to play 2nd fiddle to the man he replaced and that imposter Norman who can’t combine with anyone in any position he plays.

Leave Mc Innes at 9 and pick a f**king lock who is suited to the position and can play 70-80.

Then make your mind up whether Hunt is 7 or not and the only thing to then do is drop Norman and pick your next best 5/8 and that doesn’t mean experiment with Hunt as no other club would look at him in that position.

Time for the reality check in that we purchased 2 absolute duds and by trying to accomodate them we are f**king up other honest players performances.
Host or Tyrell could handle 13 for sure.
Lawrie played much better up front, never was a lock.
CC

Coffs dragon

Bench
Amazing how people want to pick Hunt at Hooker and move Mc Innes to lock.

You are 100% correct that Hunt did Jack Shit against the chooks and little more than that overall when playing 9

This whole preposterous idea starts because for 2 years we haven’t had a 13

If JDB was available then Hunt would be in the halves, in CC or released as there is no way he would push Cam out as the starting hooker.

Because if the ineptitude of career coach we have had every man and his dog at 13 and now to accomodate a completely malfunctioning 7 we move our best 9 to 13.

People need to ask themselves straight out Hunt or Mc Innes at 9 and the other should be let go as BB is more than good enough to be the bench Hooker to give the starting hooker a rest.

To think our starting 13 plays 20 to be then pushed into another position so we can push our starting 9 to 13 to accomodate the high priced shell shocked half who is a spud in every respect.

Then to top it all off the organising half that displaced Hunt is forced to play 2nd fiddle to the man he replaced and that imposter Norman who can’t combine with anyone in any position he plays.

Leave Mc Innes at 9 and pick a f**king lock who is suited to the position and can play 70-80.

Then make your mind up whether Hunt is 7 or not and the only thing to then do is drop Norman and pick your next best 5/8 and that doesn’t mean experiment with Hunt as no other club would look at him in that position.

Time for the reality check in that we purchased 2 absolute duds and by trying to accomodate them we are f**king up other honest players performances.
Well said OT & I totally agree. Our captain & most consistent player in McInnes should be our starting and finishing number 9....end of story!
We had enough of this moving Widdop/Norman/Dufty shit in 2019 to sink us to 2nd last.
Norman is a complete dud and waste of salary cap space....he needs to go out of the team.

redv13

Bench
CC
Host is our 13 moving forward. Can play 80 mins and move onto an edge if required. Just wish this muppet would pick him and leave him there. I know he was injured in the warm up but now JG is gone, don’t play Merrin there, don’t play Lawrie there. Pick and stick with Host!!

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2020/round-7/roosters-round-7/

anyone listened to Robbo this weekend ?

JWH sent a message back to the box via the trainer "we got this'.....referring to the first half no need to take me off the field....

Robbo also talks about how he rarely has to coach his players on game day

they call the shots primarily

Robbo finished the interview with......."every single day i love coaching these guys because they are simply outstanding"

he also thought one of their best wins........"incredible and amazing" was his response re the game vs dragons on the wknd

Dragon David

First Grade
What is it with so many of the Qld players this year? So many are playing without passion and little effort.
Maybe Kevvy told them to save themselves for SoO?

It was a rather good game to watch so even I groaned when Saints were laying on the pressure only to drop the ball. Don't mean to laugh but I can imagine how fans would've felt, lol.

Playing without a few key players and still performing so cohesively must have a lot to do with Easts training. Every man knew his job.

The Roosters - Great squad of players, great coaches and trainers, great recruitment and retention people, great administration, great Business Man in Charge. Yes everything is great.

What do we have that is great?

possm

Coach
CC
I thought McInnes has a very poor game against the Roosters. Yes as always he tackled his heart out and on many occasions, he led the line speed in defence but crucial errors at crucial times really stuffed the Saints momentum. McInnes does not run enough and does not create opportunities for others anymore. In my opinion he is not a good leader.

As for our squad, I'd love to see the back of Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Lafai, K Sims, Lawrie and maybe Merrin and Dufty. In my opinion the only genuine first graders in our squad are Lomax, T Sims and Vaughn Kerr, McInnes and Fuimaono. All the rest are wither potential first graders or reserve graders. What is worse is that we do not have capable replacements and thee most expensive players are either leaving (Frizel) or signed long term (Hunt, Norman Ravalawa) or just reserve grade standard (Dufty, Pereira, Sailor, Ravalawa, Saab, Aitken, Lafai) Host, Blacker.

So for 2021, I'd say we need to recruit
1 x top grade prop
1 x top grade second rower
1 x top grad lock
1 x top grade fullback
1 x top grade left centre

Team
1. New fullback - Dufty has good attacking and passing skills maybe a 6
2. Ravalawa - he is signed long term, let's hope he improves
3. Lomax - he is signed long term, Aitken to go
4. New left side centre, - Lafai to go
6. Sulivan - Let's see how he performs, Norman to go

7. Clune - Let's hope he continues to improve, Hunt to go
8. Kerr - He has been stepping up and looks the goods
9. McInnes - I would find another captain, maybe T Sims
10. Vaughan - Good first grade prop
11. T Sims - Good backrower, captain material
12. New backrower - D Fifita should be our target
13. New Lock - If Delin is not available

14. New prop
15. Lawrie - front row and backrow
16. Ford - backrow and centre
17. Brittain - hooker rotation and utility

Dragon David

First Grade
Norman has done very little to get excited about. He did very little when he was at the Eels (sorry, he did, he was part of the playing group for them to win the wooden spoon).

The unfortunate thing as far as I am concerned was that Widdop gave notice late in 2018 that he wanted a release to go back to the UK and at the same time Norman's position at the Eels was shaky and they wanted some club to take him which was us. If only Widdop did not seek the release in 2018 and stayed for all of 2019 then gave notice, we might have ended up higher on the ladder and we would not have signed Norman.

Every game he has played for us this year I have been waiting for him to be a match winner several times, but alas just the same boring plays each game. Time to put him out to have a good rest and we bring in Sailor and move Clune to half. Hunt is an enigma and as I said earlier, he needs to get his headspace right quick smart and show that he enjoys playing for the Red V.

redv13

Bench
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2020/round-7/roosters-round-7/

anyone listened to Robbo this weekend ?

JWH sent a message back to the box via the trainer "we got this'.....referring to the first half no need to take me off the field....

Robbo also talks about how he rarely has to coach his players on game day

they call the shots primarily

Robbo finished the interview with......."every single day i love coaching these guys because they are simply outstanding"

he also thought one of their best wins........"incredible and amazing" was his response re the game vs dragons on the wknd
No Tedesco, No J Moz, Radley gone after 8 mins, Verrills gone within 20 mins, Cordner on 1 leg after 10 mins, Liu broken rib. We still lost by 14 and our 1st half was probably our best half of footy for 2020. Minus all the above and we lose by 50. That was our best chance to knock those fu ckers over but no halftime comes along, Mary gets his claws into them for 10 mins then the 2nd half was practically on par with the rest of the crap we have dished out this year. Dear o dear

TruSaint

Referee
Samy, Hunt had 3 runs for 16 meters and made 37 tackles missed 4. The experiment of Hunt coming on as a 9 works vs the lower sides but no good against the big boys

Either way, not good enough is it.
Then we ( fans ) start blaming Cam for an error here or there.
Who missed the kick for touch deep into the second half?
Not McInnes.
It was Cam who led the chase from the kick off to get a repeat set. Thats leadership.

redv13

Bench
I thought McInnes has a very poor game against the Roosters. Yes as always he tackled his heart out and on many occasions, he led the line speed in defence but crucial errors at crucial times really stuffed the Saints momentum. McInnes does not run enough and does not create opportunities for others anymore. In my opinion he is not a good leader.

As for our squad, I'd love to see the back of Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Lafai, K Sims, Lawrie and maybe Merrin and Dufty. In my opinion the only genuine first graders in our squad are Lomax, T Sims and Vaughn Kerr, McInnes and Fuimaono. All the rest are wither potential first graders or reserve graders. What is worse is that we do not have capable replacements and thee most expensive players are either leaving (Frizel) or signed long term (Hunt, Norman Ravalawa) or just reserve grade standard (Dufty, Pereira, Sailor, Ravalawa, Saab, Aitken, Lafai) Host, Blacker.

1 x top grade prop
1 x top grad lock
1 x top grade fullback

Team

14. New prop
Were too good for everyone else so we’re playing with 12 players. I thought our backline was shit not slick...

redv13

Bench
Either way, not good enough is it.
Then we ( fans ) start blaming Cam for an error here or there.
Who missed the kick for touch deep into the second half?
Not McInnes.
It was Cam who led the chase from the kick off to get a repeat set. Thats leadership.
Tru, there’s only 1 person on here wanting McInnes head. I’m still stunned that this person wants the captaincy taken away from Cam

TruSaint

Referee

1 x top grade prop
1 x top grad lock
1 x top grade fullback

Team

14. New prop

@possm

T Sims as Captain mate ?

Surely you jest.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

1 x top grade prop
1 x top grad lock
1 x top grade fullback

Team

14. New prop

Where's Fuimaono in your team, you stated he was genuine 1st grade material?

We are very long odds to sign Fafita. The Titans offer is massive and something we just couldnt match for a 2nd rower. Also now with the Roosters showing interest why would he come here to our sh*t show, consideringvit would be the same reason he would leave the Broncos

redv13

Bench

1 x top grade prop
1 x top grad lock
1 x top grade fullback

Team

14. New prop
Possm, why do you think Tariq would make a better captain than Cam??

Latest posts