What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Panthers @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 8
Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Saturday 4 July 2020

Kickoff 7:35pm - Fox/Kayo

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Oliver Clark 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Elijah Taylor 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Benji Marshall 19. Chris Lawrence 20. Billy Walters 21. Russell Packer

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Matt Burton 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Moses Leota 17. Billy Burns 18. Mitch Kenny 19. Brent Naden 20. Spencer Leniu 21. Tyrone May

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordy20

Juniors
This is going to be a real tough one. Panthers are flying high and we have quite a few injuries at the moment, but if you want to a premiership threat, these are the types of games you need to win.

Very strong outing tonight and went on with the job.

A bit early for the high flying panthers, but if we play with that attitude, we might scare them.

Brooks will be eager to see if he keep developing.

A lot of the players will be up for it after Ivans abandonment. Footy players are an emotional lot.

The unknown

Juniors
I have a feeling this will be one of those games where we get super hyped, only to be let down and not even be in the contest

Their forward pack is arguably the best in the comp atm, followed by Cleary playing some of the best footy in his career. Topped that off with Kikau running a muck at our edges, we’d need penrith too be extremely off this game to be a chance imo

axl rose

Bench
The Chin has been dangerous since Maloney left. All those groupies though will surely sap his energy eventually. Tigers by 1.

cerberus

Coach
cleary looks 10 kgs bigger than last year ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
looks like he was playing with a broke nose last week and he kicked like mbye ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Won’t be popular but I’d bring Packer back in for ET, we can’t have one prop on the bench against penrith

A bit of the old fashioned mongrel might shorten them up a bit.

Hits to make them panic, a brawl, some ribs and busted noses to throw them off their game. An ear bite or fake eye gouge or two if you are a packer or old school. The old scrum come-uppence with the left hook and a facial after a tackle never hurts. Their kids won’t know what him them.

The new boys won’t mind joining in to throw ivan from the bus, before accelerating to hit the scumbag while he’s running for his life.

We haven’t had a good stink with the panthers fans for awhile. Always nice to remind them of where they stand in the world when they get impetuous and a bit uppity.

Half of them think they’ve won the gf already. If we can’t win it fairly, inflict maximum damage. Let them know the western suburbs can only only have one master.

And get Masters on the zoom to warm us up.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Won’t be popular but I’d bring Packer back in for ET, we can’t have one prop on the bench against penrith
I would have thought he would come back in anyway, in his small minutes of game time, I thought he was the only one that showed some intimidation.

Tigerm

First Grade
Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Us by 6 with JR MoM.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Korisau v Grant, will be a war if our forwards back Grant up.

Mbye v Whare will be a great battle, I’ve never been a Mbye fan but he is really filling that centre role well. We need to keep those inside him running straight and get him early ball, he has looked like becoming dangerous the last couple of weeks. His defence has been solid. With Leilua on the other side we’ve looked pretty solid, I hate to say it, since Benji has been out:frowning2:

Last edited:
We're short on props so we're already up against it. The boys are enthusiastic though so hopefully they're up for it.

The Dogs pack are no slouches and were pretty well contained, so hopefully we can do the same to the Pennies, but they are markedly better across the halves and outside backs which is where the Dogs didn't test us in the slightest.

Doueihi will need to be on top of his positioning game against Cleary's kicking game, our right edge will be tested much more that what the Dogs did as they looked like they got the yips after Nofoaluma's intercept pass and never looked like going wide after that.

We're short on props so we're already up against it. The boys are enthusiastic though so hopefully they're up for it.

The Dogs pack are no slouches and were pretty well contained, so hopefully we can do the same to the Pennies, but they are markedly better across the halves and outside backs which is where the Dogs didn't test us in the slightest.

Doueihi will need to be on top of his positioning game against Cleary's kicking game, our right edge will be tested much more that what the Dogs did as they looked like they got the yips after Nofoaluma's intercept pass and never looked like going wide after that.

Yes, Cleary is alert to time and space.

They will trust their speed and look to kick at irregular times. We will need a good scramble.

Pezz70

Juniors

Our right edge has really stiffened up without Benji there. Benji just too slow now, they were consistently getting outside him leaving BJ and Nofo in no mans land. BJ was either having to come in to hit Benji’s man or he was caught between Benjis bloke and his own, this made Nofo look terrible standing on his own with two blokes coming at him. They’ve looked much better since the Titans game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Reading a few of the above posts, perhaps you guys are reading to much into things.

This game will all be about who wants it more. Which team is more up for the contest.

My team has been good thus far but we are not a big scoring team, we are clunky in attack and not likely to score more than 20 or so points so from your perspective can you keep us below that mark and score more than 20.

I seriously think this is a game where it will most likely be 6 or so points in it either way.

I don’t see a blow out for either side, I see at 20-14 score line or so one way or the other.

super_coach

First Grade
If they are out Moses M to full back and probably MCK into the centre...Personally I would put Tommy T into the centre and the young kid on a development deal onto the wing, but can’t see Madge having two kids in a big match

Latest posts