What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

84 Baby

Referee
Ahhh the consistency is staggering...
Raiders winger Jordan Rapana has been charged with a grade-one careless high tackle on Eels forward Daniel Alvaro.

If Rapana takes the early plea he'll receive a $550 fine, if he fights the charge and loses he faces a $750 fine.

Courtesy of nrl.com

What about his dog shots on Sivo?
His head shot on Alvaro was far worse Nrown's hit last week. Yet the punishment..jack schitt

Hodgson also clocked Fergo around the throat...yep nothing wrong with that either.
I guess Sticky got his "luck" here.
His hit on Alvaro was surely a binning at least. Around the forehead and cynical being less than a minute in the half. He's zoomed past Slater & Hodges as the biggest cat to ever play

Joely01

Bench
There was a moment last night where a bad call went against us, and we handed the Raiders the ball.

That set in defence from us was absolutely brutal - Matterson, Niukore, RCG, and Mahoney made it their missions to belt the living shit out of the Grubs in that set, and they did so brilliantly.

I am so, so impressed with this team.

exactly why I think we are right in this premiership

Joely01

Bench
Problem was, you had 1 commentator who rarely ever says anything inflammatory or controversial in Cronk and the other 2 are Raiders men, in Ennis and the hoax 13th Immortal. I told my partner watch how the post game discussion is going to whitewash any real discussion at the appalling refereeing tonight and true to prediction, they didn't let me down.

I hate how we only have Hindy, and Sterlo as former Eels in the media. Both not the type to push the Parra agenda. We need better representation in the media. It makes watching these shows very hard to take at times. So many questions could and should be asked to put pressure on the administration and refs, to keep them from just taking the easier option and ruling against us, knowing that not much will be made of it in the post game discussions. I want them to fear the consequences.

Also as a fan it just pisses me off listening to commentators that clearly have no love for Parra. As much as he is a boofhead, I'd even settle for Hindmarsh in the box, just to get some freaking love.

The commentary team is very poor this year, it seems more and more biased comments are coming into it, and comments where it seems like the commentators aren’t even watching the game!
Last week in the sharks game, the sharks at the start of the second half were kicking it to the sideline to start with as they were down a player in the bin and wanted to waste time, every kick was met with the commentators saying it was a “bad” kick each time.
It was clearly game management and exactly how you should play that time frame

84 Baby

Referee
Gus not rating our premiership chances on twitter.........

also mentions we have had in easy by playing at home......

does not rate our game against the roosters:

But rates Panthers chances......

And then suggests Raiders had some poor calls last:

I think we'll have to be mighty lucky to win premiership plus I can see we have had somewhat an "advantage" over Scum, Warriors & Canbra, but to use those to shit on us in the same breath as not stating Rorters and Riff also aren't in same boat is muckraking

Gronk

Staff member
Not unexpected. Will make is all the more glorious when we rub his giant bee sting face in it. Although knowing Gus, he will tell all and sundry that he always thought Parra would do well.
Yeah that’s his modus operandi. He also rates Manly over the Eels.

An insight into his fragile ego is how he will never admit in conversation that Sivo was part of the Panthers system and he happliy let him walk. IIRC all he would say was that he played for Mounties. The facts are that we signed him from the Penrith Instrust Reggies team.

Soto

Bench
Not a word, Sterlo thought the calls went both ways. Fair f**king Dinkum sterlo.
Sterlo has splinters...just come out say the officials were horrible last night. The roiders fwd pass try and Moses bat back for what should have been a legitimate try completely changes complexion of the game.
When manly had that fwd pass call they went on about it ad nauseam...days on days. Annesley comes out 30 seconds after the game had finished saying wrong call. Silence from the NRL this time.
Yet last night's fwd pass...oh its part of the game.
I honestly don't know where the Roiders were dudded. As shit as the rule is, the Croker call was actually correct.
Even Brandy Alexander who has a known dislike for us was blowing up last night how bad parra were being dudded.

Yeah that’s his modus operandi. He also rates Manly over the Eels.

An insight into his fragile ego is how he will never admit in conversation that Sivo was part of the Panthers system and he happliy let him walk. IIRC all he would say was that he played for Mounties. The facts are that we signed him from the Penrith Instrust Reggies team.
We even gave him a heads up as BA tried to sign Sivo the year before

Eelogical

Referee
Well I am sure you see the relevance. Will always he errors by refs in sport. A lot of rules come down to opinion also and someone's perception.
But yes during game they even out. Manly got analed and that's just a pure fact
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Problem was, you had 1 commentator who rarely ever says anything inflammatory or controversial in Cronk and the other 2 are Raiders men, in Ennis and the hoax 13th Immortal. I told my partner watch how the post game discussion is going to whitewash any real discussion at the appalling refereeing tonight and true to prediction, they didn't let me down.

I hate how we only have Hindy, and Sterlo as former Eels in the media. Both not the type to push the Parra agenda. We need better representation in the media. It makes watching these shows very hard to take at times. So many questions could and should be asked to put pressure on the administration and refs, to keep them from just taking the easier option and ruling against us, knowing that not much will be made of it in the post game discussions. I want them to fear the consequences.

Also as a fan it just pisses me off listening to commentators that clearly have no love for Parra. As much as he is a boofhead, I'd even settle for Hindmarsh in the box, just to get some freaking love.

Hindy probably would've been like a Fatty in the early 90s when he first commentated, biased and wouldn't hold back, quotes like "Whats the touchie doing? Having a cup of tea?" or even "Gee that's poor defence, the back rower from Armidale A-Grade would've got him". But I guess he's chosen to be more funny.

I like you, is still annoyed with the poor refereeing decisions from last nights game. I would've been absolutely furious if we had lost.

The forward pass is the obvious one, but one of the others that gets me is the Horsburgh Matterson confrontation. At no stage in any other game does that deserve a penalty to any team.

As much as Gus Gould is annoying commentator and Channel 9's coverage is rubbish, I could sense if that if he was calling that game he'd be furious with Kleins decision of penalty.

I barely watch Channel 9 games but I could imagine him saying something like "Well its two blokes just pushing and shoving, a couple of niggles, nothing to it, play on". He's old school, he hates penalties like that.

As for Corey Horsburgh, I though it was strange he got emotional, maybe it was the injury, maybe he couldn't handle the sledging, or something else, I don't know.

But he seems like a good player, typical old school forward the way he plays, just a shame he got injured.

hybrideel

Bench
I think we'll have to be mighty lucky to win premiership plus I can see we have had somewhat an "advantage" over Scum, Warriors & Canbra, but to use those to shit on us in the same breath as not stating Rorters and Riff also aren't in same boat is muckraking
Of the Sydney teams:
Parra, Roosters, Tigers Dragons (Brisbane), Sharks(Townsville) and Souths (Melbourne) have had 1 game out of Sydney. I did not include Gosford as out of Sydney as it takes as long to get there as it does from one end of Sydney to the other
Bulldogs, Manly, Panthers 0 games out of Sydney.
When you take out the travel, I don't think it matters what field you play on when there is no crowd there to make the difference.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hindy probably would've been like a Fatty in the early 90s when he first commentated, biased and wouldn't hold back, quotes like "Whats the touchie doing? Having a cup of tea?" or even "Gee that's poor defence, the back rower from Armidale A-Grade would've got him". But I guess he's chosen to be more funny.

I like you, is still annoyed with the poor refereeing decisions from last nights game. I would've been absolutely furious if we had lost.

The forward pass is the obvious one, but one of the others that gets me is the Horsburgh Matterson confrontation. At no stage in any other game does that deserve a penalty to any team.

As much as Gus Gould is annoying commentator and Channel 9's coverage is rubbish, I could sense if that if he was calling that game he'd be furious with Kleins decision of penalty.

I barely watch Channel 9 games but I could imagine him saying something like "Well its two blokes just pushing and shoving, a couple of niggles, nothing to it, play on". He's old school, he hates penalties like that.

As for Corey Horsburgh, I though it was strange he got emotional, maybe it was the injury, maybe he couldn't handle the sledging, or something else, I don't know.

But he seems like a good player, typical old school forward the way he plays, just a shame he got injured.

On Horsburgh, they were saying on the radio today (Triple M, I think) that he had an emotional reaction, because he thought he was a victim of a cannonball tackle, and it may have ended his season (or so he felt, at the time).

We laugh about it now, but to be honest, if I was a young player, just getting my career started, I reckon I might have a similar reaction, in the heat of the moment.

Latest posts