What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

LINESPEED

Juniors
I'm not convinced Super Coach will be terminated.
CC

Yes
Our good mate Webby,
As he settles in for
Day 84

Will probably sanction the spin thus:

“Well since our last review, Andrew’s great friend Pauly
has improved to a 50% win ratio over the month - so as a Club who values loyalty over premierships, we continue to support his endeavours to be the best coach he can be”

And on it goes

denis preston

First Grade
We could have 2 brother combinations Matt & Max Fegai and Zac & Hayden Lomax would be good to see 2 sets of brothers all playing in the Red V at the same time.
I might be unfair to Hayden here but the signing of both brothers is the same scenario as when we had to sign both Stevens brothers just to ensure we got Jason in the early 90"s.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Dont hold your breath as unlikely

I’d like to know how often Deano votes wth Flanno on the Selection Committee

....or is he too intimidated by the
Gordon factor?

How often Aitken & Lafai continue to turn up in the 21
might be a useful barometer for assessing the balance in the power struggle

...but I do wonder whether Flanno gives a fu/ck what happens with the Dragons
- and whether he’ll take the pick of our juniors with him if he leaves

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
I might be unfair to Hayden here but the signing of both brothers is the same scenario as when we had to sign both Stevens brothers just to ensure we got Jason in the early 90"s.

Or conversely, we could have not signed either and potentially run the risk of ending up with Stewart brothers type situation where we didn't want to sign Glen and missed out on both.

Once bitten twice shy perhaps?

denis preston

First Grade
Or conversely, we could have not signed either and potentially run the risk of ending up with Stewart brothers type situation where we didn't want to sign Glen and missed out on both.

Interesting if this was the scenario ? How did they get under the radar ?

Gareth67

First Grade

I was of the same thinking at the time - that is to sign only Brett , but Glen turned into a real workhorse for the Sea Eagles , a first rate forward and as you have said , we did indeed miss out BIG tIme .

jak

Bench
I was of the same thinking at the time - that is to sign only Brett , but Glen turned into a real workhorse for the Sea Eagles , a first rate forward and as you have said , we did indeed miss out BIG tIme .
along with bob fulton on that list

getsmarty

Immortal
Feagai twins extend contracts, promoted to NRL squad
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 25 Aug 2020, 06:58 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced the promotion and contract extension of outside backs Max and Mat Feagai.

The Feagais will be promoted to the Dragons' top squad ahead of the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership season after signing a one-year extension that will see them now remain at the club until at least the end of 2022.

The Leeton natives have been with the Dragons since Harold Matthews (Under-16s) and have already achieved plenty of success with the Illawarra Steelers' 2019 premiership-winning SG Ball team, New South Wales Under-18s Origin and Australia Schoolboys.

"We are very happy with the decision to extend our stay at the Dragons. We were pretty surprised when we were told that the club were keen to do so. I'm pleased that we can stay here and continue to grow as players," Max said.

"We have come along a way since we first moved to Wollongong with our dad. I'm pretty happy now to see that it was all worthwhile.

"We have always been told the Dragons are a development club so the fact we are continuing to work our way through is very special."

Mat described the faith the Dragons have shown in he and his brother as "a great feeling" given the lack of game time the wider squad have faced in 2020.

"We haven't really had the chance to show what we can do on the field this year with no football available [other than first grade]," Mat said.

"We have always challenged each other and to be able to continue our rugby league careers together is great. It's helpful too because we will always push each other to compete and do our best which makes our journey all the more special."

Director of rugby league pathways and list management Ian Millward expressed his pleasure in the Feagais' commitment to the Dragons.

"Mat and Max were always part of our succession plan for when players like (former Dragon) Tim Lafai were off contract," Millward said.

"They're capable of playing centre and wing, and have been a great addition to our squad over the past 12 months as development players.

"With no lower grade football available, it has provided the elite young players across the NRL to show how they motivate themselves to be the best they possibly can be for when they can play; the Feagais have really done that which is really exciting.

"They have stood out with their attitude and application and have been rewarded accordingly. They have stepped up to the mark every time. Hopefully, we'll see them achieve their first grade debuts and both become permanent fixtures in due time."

The retention of the Feagais follows the re-signings of Josh Kerr, Jackson Ford, Mikaele Ravalawa, Zac Lomax and Adam Clune so far throughout the Dragons' 2020 campaign.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/25/feagai-twins-extend-contracts-promoted-to-nrl-squad/

possm

Coach
Really good news and so all talk of being thin on the ground for outside backs, now it is time to give these two a taste of first grade in preparation for season 2021.

If Dean Young really wanted to carve out his own path and by doing that win the fans over and move our club forward. Our current team has some problems and if Young shows he can identify these problems and more importantly do something about them, then he may be a winner. So, over the last 6 rounds, I'd like to see him;

• Give Ramsey a go at fullback and Dufty at five-eighth
  • Give both Feagais' a run in first-grade but not necessarily at the same time.
  • Play Blacker and/or Ellis off the bench each game until the end of the year.
  • Drop Aitken and Norman from the team for the remainder of the season.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Really good news and so all talk of being thin on the ground for outside backs, now it is time to give these two a taste of first grade in preparation for season 2021.

If Dean Young really wanted to carve out his own path and by doing that win the fans over and move our club forward. Our current team has some problems and if Young shows he can identify these problems and more importantly do something about them, then he may be a winner. So, over the last 6 rounds, I'd like to see him;

• Give Ramsey a go at fullback and Dufty at five-eighth
  • Give both Feagais' a run in first-grade but not necessarily at the same time.
  • Play Blacker and/or Ellis off the bench each game until the end of the year.
  • Drop Aitken and Norman from the team for the remainder of the season.
Great news Possm

We’ve been flogging these lads for ages, and now someone has listened

...so thanks for the incentivisation Ian - right on cue!

Select Max for Turnstile today Deano

....and stop playing the residual McSacked ‘favourites‘ game’

PS
We note today the comment that McGregor was ‘too close to his players’

Lol, lol & lol

Are u still too close to Aitken too Dean?

Last edited:

Latest posts