What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

T.S Quint

Coach
Gary Belcher not surprisingly... Absolute peanut

I know they like to think all their judges are neutral but how you can have former club greats judge on their own teams games is just ridiculous.

RCG to not walk away with minimum 2 Dally M points is criminal. Josh Hodgson seriously? Williams kept trying and set up one good try but didn’t have that much bearing on the game. CNK was the Raiders best player by a fair margin I thought.

Belcher.
Well that explains it then. He should get the Ruan treatment and be forced to stand down from voting from here on.

Dibs

Bench
On Horsburgh, they were saying on the radio today (Triple M, I think) that he had an emotional reaction, because he thought he was a victim of a cannonball tackle, and it may have ended his season (or so he felt, at the time).

We laugh about it now, but to be honest, if I was a young player, just getting my career started, I reckon I might have a similar reaction, in the heat of the moment.
I f*cking loved it! Nothing like a fiery redhead going off. Not enough characters these days.
I reckon he could be a Smokey for QLD. They are going to need some mongrel.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised they haven't dropped that yet, its not even close on the replay

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I f*cking loved it! Nothing like a fiery redhead going off. Not enough characters these days.
I reckon he could be a Smokey for QLD. They are going to need some mongrel.
With a bit of luck Matterson Jnr and Reg can belt him again in Origin. How good would that be!!!
Sivo being put on report for a Grade 2 hit to the armpit ?
Yes that too was bizarre. Klein blew his whistle quicker than I used to fire batsmen for LBW with half a decent shout in B6's.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The NRL reporters spoke about his "emotion" on their podcast. The conclusion was that Parra were bashing him every time he had the ball and he just lost it. Wears his heart on his sleeve apparently. I can't say I have ever seen a forward cry because he had been targeted. :grimacing:

It's given every other coach a target when they play the raiders. Rough up horsburgh early and he'll let his emotions get the better of him. No doubt he would've been sin binned or suspended if he had stayed on

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Probably the best stats of any forward over the weekend and gets no points. What a joke

Does any of these judges watch the games??

To put the numbers into perspective, using champion data's stats. He made 217 metres and made 50 tackles. Those numbers have only happened 3 times since 2017, Nathan Brown twice and paul gallen once. Huge game.

I was told by someone who used to work at fox that quite often the dally m judges would just ask someone on the production crew who they thought should get the points and go with what they said

Latest posts