What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best halves pairing you've seen?

TheDalek079

Bench
What's the best halves pairing you've seen? Are you an oldie who remembers Bozo/Horrie or Peard/Monkey?? Or maybe the more recent Keary/Cronk is your best ever?

To me, it's the SOO/Aus combo of Freddy/Joey

mongoose

Coach
Not sure why people say Freddy/Joey for NSW, they actually had a poor record together....lost in 95, they lost the decider together in 98. Lost game 1 in 1999.

Now Daley and Stuart, they owned Origin together :cool:

Thurston and Lockyer too.
Thurston and Cronk

jim_57

Staff member
NRL era off the top of my head.

Rep: Thurston & Cronk, Thurston & Lockyer, Lockyer & Johns.

Club: Keary & Cronk, Widdop & Cronk, Thurston & Morgan, Prince & Marshall, Foran & DCE.

Club is a little harder, for the most part clubs can't afford 2 gun halves under the salary cap I guess

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
My favourites unsurprisingly are Carter-Alexander in '91 and Campbell-Gower in '03 who were certainly good combos in our premiership years and a few other years but the best I saw would probably be Daley-Stuart for Canberra, NSW and Australia in the early to mid 90's.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Lewis and Langer effectively won nine straight Origin games, but for each missing one game to injury during that run in 88 and 89 respectively.

That is a level of dominance rarely seen before or again in the game.

Latest posts