What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Cowboys @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Ponga at six already failed last year. Don't want to see our best player moved position to fit in a rookie. I think it's fine as it is but Hoy needs some set plays in attack to utilize him better.
In that case Mann shouldn’t be allowed to leave training this week until he has kicked down field at least 100 times, as there is not a team in this comp that is successful with only one kicker. It is going to be our downfall.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We beat a depleted Penrith outfit, a Raiders side down on form and a woeful Broncos outfit ( the Titans just hammered them ).We won purely on the back of a pack in form.

Things are about to get interesting and we're lucky to face Manly - Tommy Turbo but they'll be fired up this weekend . Then the Eels , 2 games that we will have to play well to win.

Losing to the Cowgirls was pathetic and our wins masked our failings
  • Pearce is out of form
  • Hoy seems a waste of the bench
  • Lee is having a run of average form,
  • hopefully that's Shibasaki for the year and Best stays in the line up.
  • Barny and Watson cant come back soon enough.

In that case Mann shouldn’t be allowed to leave training this week until he has kicked down field at least 100 times, as there is not a team in this comp that is successful with only one kicker. It is going to be our downfall.
The issue is getting the ball to Ponga and Mann to kick. They need to step in but we also need to pass it to them instead of always relying on Pearce.

I feel bad for Hoy, he’s in a spot where it doesn’t suit his game whatsoever, his effort yesterday was fantastic, and in the Broncos game the team had put the cue in the rack when he came on.

Would love to see Ponga at 6 and Hoy at FB when he comes on if Mann is coming off.
Ponga was (mostly) shut down so changing the approach and moving him might help. He plays mostly up around the halves so dropping Hoy back might have mixed it up enough.

We beat a depleted Penrith outfit, a Raiders side down on form and a woeful Broncos outfit ( the Titans just hammered them ).We won purely on the back of a pack in form.

Things are about to get interesting and we're lucky to face Manly - Tommy Turbo but they'll be fired up this weekend . Then the Eels , 2 games that we will have to play well to win.

Losing to the Cowgirls was pathetic and our wins masked our failings
  • Pearce is out of form
  • Hoy seems a waste of the bench
  • Lee is having a run of average form,
  • hopefully that's Shibasaki for the year and Best stays in the line up.
  • Barny and Watson cant come back soon enough.

We didn't even beat them

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Bit harsh on the Panthers game, I thought we did really well considering the circumstances. Already coming into the game without a few players then Pearce and Watson go down in the first 10. Playing 80 minutes with 15 players and no recognised playmaker and were unlucky not to win it at the end. Was a gutsy effort.

Panthers were only missing Cleary so I think we were a lot more depleted than they were to be fair.

I do agree on the rest though, the last few weeks haven’t been anywhere near good enough and this week doesn’t get any easier

Spot On

Coach
Big shout out to that bludger and over rated half Nathan Cleary who spent the lead up to Friday nights game in hospital on a drip, but then managed to lead his side to victory looking like the Elephant Man, copped a high shot very early in the game that didn't even draw a penalty and managed to kick the footy 22 f**king times for 591m and made it look easy - every time.

But we need to find a way to help Pearce kick the ball.

JFC.

A million dollars a season.

Johns Magic

Referee
4be8683660d809f3dceac1120db2c1ca.jpg

mozza91

Coach
I wonder how long it’ll take for a sack O’Brien thread to pop up?

FMD it was one shit performance and the wrist cutting has began.

And now we’re talking down the Penrith effort? How? It was an amazing effort against a top side.

Spot On

Coach
That's the spirit Mozza.

Don't leave without defending Sione.

Coby could always get that thread cranking for you... but be careful... last time that happened... the coach was sacked.

mozza91

Coach
I’m still in shock in that they didn’t select you as head coach Spot On. You seem like a leader.

Knight76

Juniors
Good hustle mate. Hopefully a win this weekend will calm everyone down.

Surely nobody is realistically doubting OB already.

We'll be alright. Even without a win this weekend.

After Manly, Parra and Souths, we then face Bulldogs, Storm, Tigers, Eagles at home, cowboys, Warriors etc.

I reckon we are going along ok if we get 1 out of the next three.

Old dog

Juniors
Been away for a bit, missed last game and had no wi-fi so out of contact and just caught up with threads, boy it’s bad. Pearce obviously a shocker, poor kicking etc, can’t understand why others, Ponga etc, don’t slot in when kick is due to give alternative, variety of kick, take pressure of Pearce, have defence second guessing, only has to be for 5th tackle, just one kick would have defence wondering. If centres performed poorly bring back Best and play Moga, if Lee is slack play Hoy on wing, Randall to 14 with option to play 9 if not working. Face it we miss Barnett and Watson but a game or two away. Guerra not going so good bring in Jones. If props not going well switch, drop Klemmer or Dan to bench promote JSaf. Not much need to go out of top 21 unless injury but surely Crossland, Lino, Soulo are knocking. Pearce is strong, plays hard but if it’s going wrong he seems unable or reluctant to change his game/tactic.
No surprise we won second half, coach pointed out what experienced playmakers like Pearce, Mann and to a lesser extent Ponga should have known/seen.
I think we are in for a very up and down few weeks, 1 out of 3 ok, 2 out of 3 excellent, 3 out of 3 wake me I’m dreaming

Knight Vision

First Grade
Geez, what does that mean for us?
we'll see over the next 2 weeks I guess. If either Parra or Manly put a score on us we are still frauds with a soft underbelly.

We should be primed and motivated for a good show over the next 2 rounds.

Latest posts