What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Timbo

Staff member
They then did that classic Hollywood thing - it was a hit so they made a sequel which in order to have a broader appeal was changed from a R rating to PG.

My vote for one of the worst sequels of all time for how disappointing it was.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They then did that classic Hollywood thing - it was a hit so they made a sequel which in order to have a broader appeal was changed from a R rating to PG.

My vote for one of the worst sequels of all time for how disappointing it was.
They amazingly made a 3rd one, out of respect for the original I refused to watch it.

I watched Major League 2 at the movies LOL.
I just remember Wesley Snipes didn’t return so Omar Epps took over the role and there were gags about him becoming an action movie star celebrity.
Never seen 3.

Major League, like The Matrix and Highlander, I pretend there’s only one film.

Timbo

Staff member
Wow!! That’s sounds way more shit than the second oneS

If you pretend he was his character from Quantum Leap and was just trying to fix a past wrong it fixes it a bit.

Ceranno and Dorn return as supporting characters, as well as a couple from Major League II, but it’s even more PG than the second one.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you pretend he was his character from Quantum Leap and was just trying to fix a past wrong it fixes it a bit.

Ceranno and Dorn return as supporting characters, as well as a couple from Major League II, but it’s even more PG than the second one.
Sounds about as watchable as the Eels 2012 roster.

azzah72

Bench
Agreed in major league being one of the best sports movies, I actually watched another contender for that title too imo, a league of their own.

I forgot how much I liked that movie.

Good fun.

Read a story through the week which prompted me to watch Into the Wild (again).

They’ve airlifted the “Magic Bus” from its location recently, apparently as there’s been too many people rescued (or “retrieved”) trying to reach it.

It’s a film that really gets me. I really buy into why and what Chris Mac did, but the effect on his parents and sister (irrespective of their history) is hard to digest.

All said - I love it. Vince Vaughan has a great cameo too.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

starring William Holden and Jennifer Jones.

Felt like a bit of an old classic movie last night and also felt a bit sookie so felt like a bit of a love story and this movie did not disappoint .
An American reporter falls in love with a Eurasian doctor originally from China working in Hong Kong but they encounter prejudice from the doctors family and also Hong Kong society, against the odds they fall in love but their affair is brief when the reporter is killed while reporting the Korean War.

Speed

Still pretty good 26 years on.

Creepshow

Guilty pleasure I picked up on new release Blu Ray. Pretty dated, corny stuff. However, Stephen King, George A Romero and a who's who of actors make it a solid little outing.

Sixteen Candles.

I still love this film. Molly Ringwald was my first real crush along with Princess Leia. There's some dated things in - the Asian racism of the time for one, and I don't want to get in to the #metoo stuff seen through the prism of today. Watched Weird Science and St Elmo's Fire recently too, and they also suffer from the angst and morals of the 80s. Just Pretty In Pink to go.

RedVDave

First Grade
Read a story through the week which prompted me to watch Into the Wild (again).

They’ve airlifted the “Magic Bus” from its location recently, apparently as there’s been too many people rescued (or “retrieved”) trying to reach it.

It’s a film that really gets me. I really buy into why and what Chris Mac did, but the effect on his parents and sister (irrespective of their history) is hard to digest.

All said - I love it. Vince Vaughan has a great cameo too.
I would recommend reading the book offers a bit more insight, a great read and the movie is very, very good to similar to 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon which is also a great read.

peter brock doco movie very soon
Lost respect for him when he was on some type of save the planet show years ago .
Basically he was on there telling people to take public transport...car pool ..walk ..ride bikes ..anything but drive because too many cars on road.
Too many exhaust fumes
Yet hes driving round a racetrack continually.belching out shitloads more fumes than the average motorist

Latest posts