What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left field recruitment

possm

Coach
McInnes should be relieved as captain.... the fittest person in the team who leads the defensive line set after set for 80 mins every week with no break. I’ve heard it all now possm. That’s one of your best mate!!! If we had 17 Cam McInnes We wouldn’t be in this mess. Go back to bashing Millward matey
Captaincy is all about leadership, example and decision making. Public speaking ability would also be an asset.

possm

Coach
According to BMOZ, he wanted to finish his career at SGI and offered his services before signing with the Roosters and we turned him down- doubt he will be wanting to give this basket case a second chance- particularly as the Roosters, even with their injury issues, look like three peaters.

Full back is now the most difficult position on the park and I would suggest we hasten slowly before anointing anyone as the answer to our problems. It's a case of many are called, but few are chosen
Who is 'we'. Was it Mary, Millward or both.

I say sack them both!

Another poor decision that adversely affects the performance of our NRL team. I wonder what reason they had for not signing the Morris twins for season 2020?

What a MESS!

Walpole

Juniors
We need to replace like with like or better. McInness should be our 80min lock with instructions just to concentrate on defending the middle and off-loading the ball to fellow forwards.

McInnes should also be relieved of the captaincy manly because on-field decisions have been poor and he has been giving away silly penalties at crrucial times during a game.
One of your best. So who should be the new captain? One of your new "signings" or someone who actually plays for us?

He wouldn’t sign on to McFail’s loyalty-at-all-costs-kiss-my-arse-never-complain selection provision.
He dumped on McKenzie, patted Ritchie on the head & lost his career
Talking about left field recruits - Maloney would be just what the doctor ordered for a couple of years.
Norman is a dud and Clune would blossom under Maloney's mentorship.
Not only that, Maloney is a crafty, match winning 5/8 who is always in the game and is a proven match winner.
Sure he's getting on, he does make mistakes occasionally and also gives away penalties but only because he is such a fierce competitor.
Would give us a hard edge in the halves instead of the powder puffs we deploy at the moment.

Mark D

Juniors
Talking about left field recruits - Maloney would be just what the doctor ordered for a couple of years.
Norman is a dud and Clune would blossom under Maloney's mentorship.
Not only that, Maloney is a crafty, match winning 5/8 who is always in the game and is a proven match winner.
Sure he's getting on, he does make mistakes occasionally and also gives away penalties but only because he is such a fierce competitor.
Would give us a hard edge in the halves instead of the powder puffs we deploy at the moment.
Agree... he’s a proven winner and your spot on when you say Maloney would be great for Clune.... Honestly Norman has done very very little

TruSaint

Referee
Captaincy is all about leadership, example and decision making. Public speaking ability would also be an asset.

Public speaking ?
Have you seen some of the best Captains in the games history speak ?
C'mon mate.

A Captain leaves it all on the field. Leads by example. Tackles his heart out. Plays in a POSITION he WASNT signed for. Stays on the field for 80 minutes.

You're picking on the wrong bloke mate. Vent away at the coach all you want, that's OK. But our Captain is the least of our issues.

possm

Coach
Public speaking ?
Have you seen some of the best Captains in the games history speak ?
C'mon mate.

A Captain leaves it all on the field. Leads by example. Tackles his heart out. Plays in a POSITION he WASNT signed for. Stays on the field for 80 minutes.

You're picking on the wrong bloke mate. Vent away at the coach all you want, that's OK. But our Captain is the least of our issues.
Captains speeking well: Langlands, Steve Edge, Craig Young, Gasnier, Hornby ..........

The coach has stuffed up our whole squad including the captain. It is time for a complete overhaul and change of attitiude. I say we need new leadership on and off the field.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Who is 'we'. Was it Mary, Millward or both.

I say sack them both!

Another poor decision that adversely affects the performance of our NRL team. I wonder what reason they had for not signing the Morris twins for season 2020?

What a MESS!
Well Josh was with the Sharks and so only Brett was available. They've also reportedly passed on Alex Johnson as well so they may think that the backline is fine!!

Here is a unique idea

Why don’t we blood are most promising juniors and actually give them 8-10 games to get used to the rigours of first grade before we blow the bank on expensive imports.

We are not going to make the 8 this year, so playing one or two development players in the back line is worth a go.

I would also give young Blacker some time on the field rather than carry Korbin Sims. He has the size but needs to get used to playing against men. He will initially be a bit timid until he realises he can give as good as he gets.

possm

Coach
Here is a unique idea

Why don’t we blood are most promising juniors and actually give them 8-10 games to get used to the rigours of first grade before we blow the bank on expensive imports.

We are not going to make the 8 this year, so playing one or two development players in the back line is worth a go.

I would also give young Blacker some time on the field rather than carry Korbin Sims. He has the size but needs to get used to playing against men. He will initially be a bit timid until he realises he can give as good as he gets.
Many of the current top 17 have failed us and not really up to first-grade standard. Duffty, Aitken, Lafai, Norman and Hunt should be playing at a much higher standard. Drop them to reserve grade and lets see how some of our juniors go:
Ramsey for Dufty
Ravalawa on notice
Feagai for Lafai
Lomax to stay
Saab on notice
Sailor for Norman
Clune to stay
McInnes back to hooker for Hunt
Kerr as run on
McInnes and Brittain in hooker rotation
Vaughan to stay
T Sims to stay
Fuimaono to right edge
Frizell to lock

Merrin
Blacker
Ford
Brittain

redv13

Bench
Many of the current top 17 have failed us and not really up to first-grade standard. Duffty, Aitken, Lafai, Norman and Hunt should be playing at a much higher standard. Drop them to reserve grade and lets see how some of our juniors go:
Ramsey for Dufty
Ravalawa on notice
Feagai for Lafai
Lomax to stay
Saab on notice
Sailor for Norman
Clune to stay
McInnes back to hooker for Hunt
Kerr as run on
McInnes and Brittain in hooker rotation
Vaughan to stay
T Sims to stay
Fuimaono to right edge
Frizell to lock

Merrin
Blacker
Ford
Brittain
Ravalawa signs a 2 year extension, 2 weeks later is on notice!! Are you part of the board??

redv13

Bench
Possm I think the exact same squad under a decent new coach would make a solid improvement quickly

possm

Coach
Ravalawa signs a 2 year extension, 2 weeks later is on notice!! Are you part of the board??
Ravalawa needs to improve a lot to be at first-grade standard. the COACH needs to tell him that he will be dropped to reserve grade if he does not lif his game.