What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jai Field

possm

Coach
I'll wait and see how he goes but yes we should get rid of Norman and Hunt unless the new coach says he can do something with them. If I was coach, I'd drop both the reserve grade and tell their manager they will stay there. Find them a new home at no cost to us or they will stay there until the end of their contract.

Belta

Juniors
I wish him the best luck. It could go two ways. With parra currently on top if they drop a few games he will be heavily criticised, however if he gets on the back of a series of wins his confidence could sky rocket. Huge opportunity but very hard to fill in for Moses who was in career best form and one of the top halfbacks of the opening rounds.

Field to me has a lot of ups and was used poorly by us. He has great speed and evasiveness, a very good passing game, possibly even better than Dufty and I thought his defence was much improved in the last few games he featured with us. Very keen to see how he goes.

BLM01

First Grade
Field cant defend..nor can he stay switched on for 80....but then again that is how he performed at the Dragons under our world renowned brand of high expectations and excellence
Parra...well..Brad Arthur...maybe...just maybe

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Have parra made any other changes to their side or should I go check the eels forum?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I wish him the best luck. It could go two ways. With parra currently on top if they drop a few games he will be heavily criticised, however if he gets on the back of a series of wins his confidence could sky rocket. Huge opportunity but very hard to fill in for Moses who was in career best form and one of the top halfbacks of the opening rounds.

Field to me has a lot of ups and was used poorly by us. He has great speed and evasiveness, a very good passing game, possibly even better than Dufty and I thought his defence was much improved in the last few games he featured with us. Very keen to see how he goes.
I agree, he’s very slick. All he needs is to put on a few kegs and he will go fine. If we had an experienced game managing 7 to help bring him along who knows what he could have been after a few pre seasons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Very curious to see how Field goes in this game. Touted as only a touch footy player when he was with us, it will be interesting to see how Arthur has changed his game. Given he's basically been selected as Moses's understudy you'd expect to see a far improved player then when he was with us.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Very curious to see how Field goes in this game. Touted as only a touch footy player when he was with us, it will be interesting to see how Arthur has changed his game. Given he's basically been selected as Moses's understudy you'd expect to see a far improved player then when he was with us.
At least he has a mentor there, unlike with us.

giboz71

First Grade
I thought Garrick was absolute rubbish when he left here, and he goes ok now.

Will be curious to see how Field goes now he doesn’t have a handbrake that was a our coach.

Didn’t really show anything when he played FG, was very hesitant much like Dufty has been on occasion. Given the confidence Dylan Brown plays with as such a young age, perhaps Arthur has instilled some in Field?

The calm one

Juniors
I'll wait and see how he goes but yes we should get rid of Norman and Hunt unless the new coach says he can do something with them. If I was coach, I'd drop both the reserve grade and tell their manager they will stay there. Find them a new home at no cost to us or they will stay there until the end of their contract.
Do you honestly think it worries them if they play reserve grade. Dosen't affect their pay packet

Brutalitops

Juniors
Hunt would go fine under a new coach imo. You can see even at rep level he improves.

Norman though? I just don't buy it from him. He seems to have attitude problems for days

hazzbeen

Bench
Hunt would go fine under a new coach imo. You can see even at rep level he improves.

Norman though? I just don't buy it from him. He seems to have attitude problems for days
The guys a show pony(Norman) , I haven't seen him dig deep , or try and tough it out .... At least Hunt will have a go ..... And it is really showing up now how much work , and always around the ball and effort Widdop put it ....

Last edited: