What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 again rule further tweak

Version IV

Juniors
Announced today that 6 again will now include markers not square or jumping early.

This is benefit to us having experience leaders like Fifita & Woods no chance they will get caught with this, they can teach the young players.

taipan

Referee
Announced today that 6 again will now include markers not square or jumping early.

This is benefit to us having experience leaders like Fifita & Woods no chance they will get caught with this, they can teach the young players.

I can hear Cam Smith crying in his towel now.But,but,I'm the 3rd ref, why wasn't I consulted.

R-15-3

Juniors
I think most people agree scrums are shit and probably won’t be around in the future. I’d like the nrl to work out what to do before season’s end and any other changes they want and any game not affecting the top 8 should be used as a trial. But they need to be announcing rule changes before the end of the season I’m sick of changes made a few weeks out from the season and keep rule changes to only every 3 years only!!

so is the rule change immediate ?

I am not pleased with rules being changed during the course of a season.

And I would love traditional scrums to come back as true contests for the ball. Those "full time professional" players have all the time in the world to learn some new skills.

snout

First Grade
Just hope they dont bring it in that youre penalised 6 again if your halfback runs sideways.

Version IV

Juniors
Be interesting this rule change as cam the grub would normally exploit it, but playing roosters it will be very interesting to say the least

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hope it includes markers standing about 3 metres from the ruck.
so is the rule change immediate ?

I am not pleased with rules being changed during the course of a season.

And I would love traditional scrums to come back as true contests for the ball. Those "full time professional" players have all the time in the world to learn some new skills.

Yes, it's immediate and is a direct response to coaches very quickly working out how to cheat, lie and steal around the new rules.

I applaud it. If things are addressed straight away they fester and by years end the game may look like it did in previous years

Hope it includes markers standing about 3 metres from the ruck.

Yes, it's immediate and is a direct response to coaches very quickly working out how to cheat, lie and steal around the new rules.

I applaud it. If things are addressed straight away they fester and by years end the game may look like it did in previous years

I think you meant if things AREN't addressed and i also think you are exactly right.
.As much as us old blokes hate change ,rule changes are sometimes unfortunately necessary.

bluefox68

Staff member
The interesting side note to this whole phenomenon that we are witnessing is that suddenly we have someone who has rapidly gained Arko-like control of the game - Vlandy’s...

Which is good and bad - only good if he stays neutral. If he favours one team, the game is in trouble.

Version IV

Juniors
The interesting side note to this whole phenomenon that we are witnessing is that suddenly we have someone who has rapidly gained Arko-like control of the game - Vlandy’s...

Which is good and bad - only good if he stays neutral. If he favours one team, the game is in trouble.
Unless that team is the sharks

AJB1102

First Grade
I’m sick of changes made a few weeks out from the season and keep rule changes to only every 3 years only!!

So if a problem arose that was fixable we'd potentially wait 3 years to fix it?

Like only seeing the doc every 3 years and 2 weeks after going in for a sprained ankle you get a flesh eating virus that's just gonna have to wait.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The same people whinging about the rule changes are possibly the same people who whinged when they weren't being changed. LOLOL

Oh, the irony