What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Dragons 3, 2, 1

3 points: Siosiua Taukeiaho. Edges JWH for mine as SST played the whole 80 minutes.
2 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves.
1 point: Luke Keary.

I agree that it should be:

1. JWH
2. SST
3. LK

While SST played the 80, having JWH play 77 seemed like a big step up for him (relatively speaking). In fact, you could probably swap SST and Luke around - there wasn't much separating them in my view.

I agree @Babyface O'reilly, the injuries made me feel deflated too. Robbo looked upset and disappointed during the press conference, as you would expect. It is going to be a huge challenge for him, the coaching staff and the players to manage things going forward.

It was interesting to listen to the journalists on the Footy Show earlier this afternoon. Two out of the three think we will handle it fine, while David Riccio believes that we will struggle and won't be able to overcome it. Time will ultimately tell, but I think we will be up to it. What a major test of character it will be. Nobody could ever accuse us of having an easy run to the premiership should we be able to pull it off.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. SST
2. Jared
1. Keary

I’m still feeling a little flat after that win due to those injuries.
Ever the pessimist, as soon as they happened I just knew it was season over for the both of them. I reckon we can cover for Sam providing nothing goes wrong with Friend. Without Radley, no question it will be so much harder. Gutted for them both.

Ever the pessimist, as soon as they happened I just knew it was season over for the both of them. I reckon we can cover for Sam providing nothing goes wrong with Friend. Without Radley, no question it will be so much harder. Gutted for them both.
Cooper Cronk has come out and said that he sees Nat Butcher being the one to replace the Inflictor. The team's style of play would have to change, but that can be done.

The other obvious approach would be to use Liu once he returns after his broken rib injury.

H.H

Juniors
3 - SST
2 - JWH
1 - Manu

Not sure how I've left Keary out but thought Manu was just outstanding. Gus very strong too.

Gutted for the boys who got hurt.

Nat Butcher is starting at lock this week. While I am yet to be convinced that he is the solution, he is certainly worth a try, to give him a chance, until Isaac returns at least.