What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I heard Gould mention the other day that we should loan Benji to the Warriors. This way Benji keeps playing and the Warriors get a hand. Not the worst idea i've ever heard. If we have an injury in 8 weeks and Benji hasn't played for two months what good will he be. Of course you have to weight that up against the risk of an injury. We could do it with guys too. It's a gamble but i'd roll the dice.

axl rose

Bench
I didnt even read the article because it's behind a paywall but only needed to see the headline to be able to guess the content
“What would my advice be to Harry Grant? He seems pretty comfortable at the Wests Tigers, he’s contributed to that team and have won a few games.

“But my advice to any young kid is, go to a club that is going to make you better than you think you can be.

“For Harry Grant, if the situation comes up, find the club that you think is going to make you become a better person and footy player.”

tenor.gif

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Grant continues to build his combinations at Tigers he might just be like f**k it, I'd rather stay here. There is a lot to be said about being responsible for building something from scratch rather than have it ready custom made for you

WA Tiger

Bench
“What would my advice be to Harry Grant? He seems pretty comfortable at the Wests Tigers, he’s contributed to that team and have won a few games.

“But my advice to any young kid is, go to a club that is going to make you better than you think you can be.

“For Harry Grant, if the situation comes up, find the club that you think is going to make you become a better person and footy player.”

tenor.gif
Agree although Money’s prob got something to do with it also which will suit us next year And also general contentment in life.

Grant will make a lot of friends/close friends during his time here. That’s just who he is ..you can see on his TV interviews he just belongs in front of the camera. He has plenty of good confidence..I watch him during a game and at any time he’s got this scheming face on..Like He is (or should be) manouvering the team around.Hes all business, even during the breaks..And he’s barking orders ..

He could even be promised the captain / vice captain by the end of the year..Who will be better ( apart from AD) Interesting how those 2 seem to have morphed into the face of the team very quickly..and both only 22.

Anyway How much fun would life be under Smith/Bellamy at the storm? ...can’t be oodles of

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
If Smith does retire (and takes up a consultative position) then the Storm will have shit loads of money to sign him, if they want him, which I think they would.
But will he want them?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
All the BS about the Tigers being a bad club. We are the best club in the freaken world. A quality player like Grant has the chance to have a great career here. We have a great young forward pack who will help him look good.

We are getting great value out of the kid and it's been great to see play for us this year. I also think Liddle and Simpkins look to be quality juniors that may turn into quality NRL players. If we don't get Grant going forward so be it.

We have some low value cap players contracts coming up and we will probably have to upgrade some players but I reckon we will have money to spend and hopefully Maguire can snag us a quality player or two. I hope one of those quality players is Grant but it's a swap deal atm.

Grant in an interview came across as very level headed and admitted if it wasn’t for the swap deal he would not even be playing NRL let alone playing football atm.
You can argue that he should be grateful to the WT but the Storm also contributed in allowing the deal to go through and giving him the opportunity to play NRL, fortunately with WT.

gordynz

Juniors
Surely if Smith retires and Grant wants to return, Brandon wont be all that happy about it. There could be a real opportunity there for us to nab him, especially with the thought of Bellamy retiring at the end of next season.

Hes been promised the 9 jersey for a couple of years now and when asked about what position he prefers, hes always been very vocal that hes a hooker and that's where he wants to play his football going forward. The bloke is literally a top 5 hooker in the game and he doesnt even get to play there lmao

gordsy

Juniors
Cooper is a pussy who didn’t back himself to make a team better. Wow left the Premiers for the other perennial top 2 side, such bravery.
Gotta say if being a pussy means being paid huge dollars by Uncle Nick to play for a great team, live in the north shore and have a tv career for the both me and the missus, I'd be happy to be a pussy too.

Tiger05

First Grade
Gotta say if being a pussy means being paid huge dollars by Uncle Nick to play for a great team, live in the north shore and have a tv career for the both me and the missus, I'd be happy to be a pussy too.

If you are into that stuff fine. Personally I think it's soft and meaningless. He'd be much more respected if he took a team that wasn't that good to the finals or won a comp with them.

Living on the north shore, drinking coffee and being on TV is the sort of shit teenage girls like.

gordynz

Juniors
Melbourne have supposedly notified clubs that Harry Grant is off limits as he'll be rejoining the Storm next season and seeing out his contract there.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Melbourne have supposedly notified clubs that Harry Grant is off limits as he'll be rejoining the Storm next season and seeing out his contract there.

No surprises there. He is signed to them and they don't want to lose him.

Let's continue to pray that the stars align and we might get a decent player in our colours for more than one season.

gordynz

Juniors
No surprises there. He is signed to them and they don't want to lose him.

Let's continue to pray that the stars align and we might get a decent player in our colours for more than one season.
Brandon Smith has to be a target. He signed a 5 year deal with the promise that the 9 jersey was his from 2019, and then 2020, and now with Grant looking likely to go back there he may never get the starting hooker role. He would be spewing

Latest posts