What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Norman certainly wasn't a like for like player to replace Widdop. Widdop was so much better than Norman in all facets of 5 eighth play and with great goal kicking "to boot".

The more I see of Norman, the more I"m incredulous that we even considered signing him- it's just his smart alec manner and laziness as if it's not "cool" to be seen as trying too hard.He's only in the team for the variety his left footed kicking game provides- he contributes very little in attack and defence.
Widdop was worth two of him.

Belta

Juniors
Ivan?[/QUOT

Muzby not sure if your joking but in case your not I’ll throw out a clue.

The actor using this famous line; “I must break you” has some similar physical traits to Eddie hence the forum nickname.

Old Timer

Coach
Looking at our team and the way we use the bench IMO we have become a team of neither nors as I put it and to me that confirms how muddled the coaching staff's brains are and why we play like we do with little rhyme or reason.

Hunt is neither a half, nor is he a hooker.
Mc Innes is neither a hooker nor is he a lock.
Merrin is neither a lock, nor is he a prop, nor is he a bench.
Fuiomaono is neither a starter, nor is he a bench.
Lawrie is neither a prop, nor is he a lock, nor is he a bench.
Graham is neither a prop, nor is he a lock, nor is he a bench, nor is he required yet still in the country.

So much confusion in 1 team makes it incredibly hard for players to concentrate on what their actual role in the team is.

But Mc Fookknuckle has done this with so many players

Lomax was neither a centre, nor is he a winger, nor is he a FB, nor is he a bench.
Host is neither a back rower, nor is he lock, nor is he a prop, nor is he a bench
Kurt Mann is neither a FB, nor is he a centre, nor is he a winger, nor is he a half, nor is he a bench, nor is he required.
Widdop is neither a half nor is he a FB.
Norman is neither a FB, nor is he a half, nor is he a bench.

It is as if we run our bench and selections on the basis of everything being like a pre mediated injury where we are going to be forced to do multiple changes.

Currently to get Hunt into then game for 60 minutes means we have to replace the 13 to accommodate Mc Innes who is our 80 minute man.

So if we are playing Merrin at 13 he won't necessarily be too tired yet so to potentially save an interchange we move him to prop to replace Vaughan who might not yet be tired but might be in 10 or so minutes but what the hell we will replace him anyway regardless of the state of the game.

Our players very rarely play what's in from of them and the usage and timing of bench players into the game pays little to no regard to the state of the game. This above most things is the glaring difference between us and the the good sides, let alone the best sides.

We can be well on top and pressing hard but the rigidity of process in bench utilisation (much to do with poor team selection) means we lose the impetus and their is very often a momentum swing against us.

No clarity in positions or the roles they are supposed to be playing.

So if Hunt is going to be persevered with but obviously not in the halves then FFS pick him at 9 and pick Mc Innes at 13 and be done with it because what we are currently doing is just a complete klusterf**k.

If Hunt can't handle hooker for 80 then rest him just prior to and after half time and move Mc Innes to 9 and introduce your best impact player Fuimaono at 13 and consign Merrin to the part of the front row rotation and nothing more.

If Hunt is fit enough to handle it then so be it just introduce the strike player off the bench at the appropriate moment of the game.

3 or 4 blokes playing 2 positions in the 1 game is just ridiculous and only provides further confusion and distraction.

Let's face it the old KISS principal has worked more often than not and for a team like ours it is an absolute necessity.

Dragon David

First Grade
Looking at our team and the way we use the bench IMO we have become a team of neither nors as I put it and to me that confirms how muddled the coaching staff's brains are and why we play like we do with little rhyme or reason.

Hunt is neither a half, nor is he a hooker.
Mc Innes is neither a hooker nor is he a lock.
Merrin is neither a lock, nor is he a prop, nor is he a bench.
Fuiomaono is neither a starter, nor is he a bench.
Lawrie is neither a prop, nor is he a lock, nor is he a bench.
Graham is neither a prop, nor is he a lock, nor is he a bench, nor is he required yet still in the country.

So much confusion in 1 team makes it incredibly hard for players to concentrate on what their actual role in the team is.

But Mc Fookknuckle has done this with so many players

Lomax was neither a centre, nor is he a winger, nor is he a FB, nor is he a bench.
Host is neither a back rower, nor is he lock, nor is he a prop, nor is he a bench
Kurt Mann is neither a FB, nor is he a centre, nor is he a winger, nor is he a half, nor is he a bench, nor is he required.
Widdop is neither a half nor is he a FB.
Norman is neither a FB, nor is he a half, nor is he a bench.

It is as if we run our bench and selections on the basis of everything being like a pre mediated injury where we are going to be forced to do multiple changes.

Currently to get Hunt into then game for 60 minutes means we have to replace the 13 to accommodate Mc Innes who is our 80 minute man.

So if we are playing Merrin at 13 he won't necessarily be too tired yet so to potentially save an interchange we move him to prop to replace Vaughan who might not yet be tired but might be in 10 or so minutes but what the hell we will replace him anyway regardless of the state of the game.

Our players very rarely play what's in from of them and the usage and timing of bench players into the game pays little to no regard to the state of the game. This above most things is the glaring difference between us and the the good sides, let alone the best sides.

We can be well on top and pressing hard but the rigidity of process in bench utilisation (much to do with poor team selection) means we lose the impetus and their is very often a momentum swing against us.

No clarity in positions or the roles they are supposed to be playing.

So if Hunt is going to be persevered with but obviously not in the halves then FFS pick him at 9 and pick Mc Innes at 13 and be done with it because what we are currently doing is just a complete klusterf**k.

If Hunt can't handle hooker for 80 then rest him just prior to and after half time and move Mc Innes to 9 and introduce your best impact player Fuimaono at 13 and consign Merrin to the part of the front row rotation and nothing more.

If Hunt is fit enough to handle it then so be it just introduce the strike player off the bench at the appropriate moment of the game.

3 or 4 blokes playing 2 positions in the 1 game is just ridiculous and only provides further confusion and distraction.

Let's face it the old KISS principal has worked more often than not and for a team like ours it is an absolute necessity.
Yes, just keep things simple. Play Hunt at 9 and McInnes at 13 for the whole match and then bring on bench players when necessary.

possm

Coach
Hunt wants his #7 jersey back, he basically said that publically and pretty obvious when he's at hooker he ignores Clune 90% of the time
Drop him and Norman to reserve grade and hope they ask for a release, no compensation from the Club.

Promote Sailor to partner Clune and if he does not go well dorp him to reserve grade, he will get the message.

Then try Dufty at 6 and Ramsey at 1. If Dufty does not go well drop him too.

Season 2020 is a write-off so we may as well rid ourselves of the if's and buts. Use the cap space to bring in some quality players who want to play for the big red V.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Drop him and Norman to reserve grade and hope they ask for a release, no compensation from the Club.

Promote Sailor to partner Clune and if he does not go well dorp him to reserve grade, he will get the message.

Then try Dufty at 6 and Ramsey at 1. If Dufty does not go well drop him too.

Season 2020 is a write-off so we may as well rid ourselves of the if's and buts. Use the cap space to bring in some quality players who want to play for the big red V.
I’m going to get roasted for this but to be honest besides the Rorters the Clune/Norman combo actually looked not too bad. I would be over the moon if Norman asked for a release so don’t take me the wrong way but our kicking and passing game has improved immensely since the halves combo shake up. I think we should stick with Norman until Clune starts to find his voice a bit more.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I’m going to get roasted for this but to be honest besides the Rorters the Clune/Norman combo actually looked not too bad. I would be over the moon if Norman asked for a release so don’t take me the wrong way but our kicking and passing game has improved immensely since the halves combo shake up. I think we should stick with Norman until Clune starts to find his voice a bit more.

Forbes I see what your saying but clune needs more ball . I think the roosters game he only got about 15 % of the ball from dummy half.
IMO needs to be closer to 50/50or at least 40/ 60.
I have seen clune dominate in CC cup , so I think he can handle the responsibility.

True_Believer

Juniors

I agree. It was Norman and Clune that performed well together during the trials. It’s just that we need to get More out of Norman.

Latest posts