What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman

Nobody held a gun to the Raiders heads saying to pay a transfer fee. Nobody held a gun to the Raiders head saying to release Bateman so he could get a better deal.

The victim mentality of the Raiders organisation is holding it back from success imo

I'm not saying we did, nor am I crying victim. I'm simply pointing out to those who are saying that what we did to Wigan is that same as to what is happening to us now, could not be further off the mark.

And yes whilst we were never held at gunpoint to release Bateman, we all know that players and player agents agitating for early releases through all types of dirty tricks is rampant for many clubs in the NRL.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm not saying we did, nor am I crying victim. I'm simply pointing out to those who are saying that what we did to Wigan is that same as to what is happening to us now, could not be further off the mark.

And yes whilst we were never held at gunpoint to release Bateman, we all know that players and player agents agitating for early releases through all types of dirty tricks is rampant for many clubs in the NRL.

The only difference is that Wigan were smart enough to charge a transfer fee and Raiders were silly enough to allow him to push for an upgrade under his contract.

The bloke knocked up a girl when he was 15, says alot about his character.... hes not the sharpest tool in the shed, doesnt think or care about the consequences of his actions.... its no wonder he screwed over the raiders here...
I hope hes happy, because by not honoring his contact it has made him look like an ungrateful asshole scumbag... it would be a giant "f**k you" to the raiders if he now signed with a powerhouse in the roosters.... or an even bigger "f**k you" if he signed with the cap cheating purple dicks.
Anyway who needs him... he can just get f**ked for all I care.

GAZF

First Grade
The only difference is that Wigan were smart enough to charge a transfer fee and Raiders were silly enough to allow him to push for an upgrade under his contract.
So you're saying that Wigan's situation to Canberra's is what Luke's is to John's?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The bloke knocked up a girl when he was 15, says alot about his character.... hes not the sharpest tool in the shed, doesnt think or care about the consequences of his actions.... its no wonder he screwed over the raiders here...
I hope hes happy, because by not honoring his contact it has made him look like an ungrateful asshole scumbag... it would be a giant "f**k you" to the raiders if he now signed with a powerhouse in the roosters.... or an even bigger "f**k you" if he signed with the cap cheating purple dicks.

So you think hes leaving because he wants to win something? :)

Whip Whitaker

Juniors

To Bateman's credit, he believes if it was a life changing moment in his life. He's matured a lot and has become a very good family man. In his UK superleague days, he enjoyed running out on the field with his daughter, his niece and his nephew.

I hope he is not lost to the NRL, but going back to the UK will be great for his mental health.

shear_joy9

Coach
Actually he is out of contract , if clause has he can renegotiate each year that means if they don’t agree on any potential upgrade he can go . It’s no different to contract signed with option of further year

he's out of contract now because Canberra released him from the final year.
We don't know the terms of the clause so it would just be guessing what the agreement was

BadnMean

Juniors
not sure who would want Bateman after this debacle

It has been noted among Raiders fans that JB's requests from clubs courting his services seem to have shifted from the 800k+ a season which was the Raiders baulked at but he thought he could get elsewhere and now one failed shoulder surgery + a second try to fix the stuff up surgery on it that he is now all about 4 season deals at 650k...

Not sure what that says about his shoulder...

Maybe Bunnies should make a play, at least they'd be able to get him off the books and into an office if it doesn't work out- I hear there is an opening in GI's old department.

TDD91

Juniors
NRL clubs have been encouraging Super League players to get out of their contracts for years so that they can move without a transfer fee, not so nice when the shoe's on the other foot is it?

Personally, I'm delighted Bateman is returning to Wigan. 2nd row isn't our biggest need, but he'll raise the game of the players around him with his attitude. This likely means Jackson Hastings will be back in the NRL for 2021 as Bateman & George Burgess will be Wigan's marquee players.

BadnMean

Juniors
NRL clubs have been encouraging Super League players to get out of their contracts for years so that they can move without a transfer fee, not so nice when the shoe's on the other foot is it?

Personally, I'm delighted Bateman is returning to Wigan. 2nd row isn't our biggest need, but he'll raise the game of the players around him with his attitude. This likely means Jackson Hastings will be back in the NRL for 2021 as Bateman & George Burgess will be Wigan's marquee players.

Hastings won't get a game in the NRL.

He was abysmal out here on the GB tour & has never cracked NRL previously.

BadnMean

Juniors

Hastings won't get a game in the NRL.

He was abysmal out here on the GB tour & has never cracked NRL previously.

Latest posts