What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I agree mate he is certainly not slow but dufty has him covered quite easily.
Dufty has most players covered. Zac has yet to reach his physical peak though and will probably quicken up a touch plus has the size to break tackles with power and develop a good don’t argue so both have pluses and minuses I guess.

denis preston

First Grade
Sorry guys for taking this off topic.

I watched Zac closely in the holden cup. He was a standout most weeks and was brimming with confidence.
Once he hit first grade he was fked around by the coach. In then out then in for 5 minutes. You could see the change. He looked scared and unsure if himself.
The last few weeks he’s been much better. Passes are sticking. The step is a weapon again. The boy has his swagger back. Great signs.

Regarding his speed.
I was told that over 100 metres (at the time) he matched it with both Dufty and Field. Obviously the acceleration isn’t there but yeah. He is quick.
I know what i'd have if you having choose between fastest over 20 metres or over a 100 metres.

gitano

Juniors
Sorry guys for taking this off topic.

I watched Zac closely in the holden cup. He was a standout most weeks and was brimming with confidence.
Once he hit first grade he was fked around by the coach. In then out then in for 5 minutes. You could see the change. He looked scared and unsure if himself.
The last few weeks he’s been much better. Passes are sticking. The step is a weapon again. The boy has his swagger back. Great signs.

Regarding his speed.
I was told that over 100 metres (at the time) he matched it with both Dufty and Field. Obviously the acceleration isn’t there but yeah. He is quick.
Please. I'd beat Dudmax over any distance and I've retired. He ain't got it.
Everyone wanting it so much, but he ain't got it.

TruSaint

Referee
Hang on, I’m just grabbing some popcorn..

You're late again.

NeighboringFreeKissingbug-small.gif

getsmarty

Immortal
lomax-z-200703099kc-new.jpg

DRAGONS

Lomax making case for long-term stay at centre
Author
Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 6 Jul 2020, 08:01 PM
newtonalicia-head.png

Zac Lomax would be a lot richer than his long-term Dragons deal stipulates if he had a dollar for every time he's been asked which position suits him best.

After playing wing and fullback at other times during his still-young career, his impressive efforts as a centre during Friday night's narrow loss to the Raiders may just add further delay to any ambitions the 20-year-old had of becoming the club's long-term fullback.

Lomax's performances on the right edge in recent weeks include three tries and 11 tackle busts – most notably his in-and-away on Jarrod Croker last start before flicking a pass to get Jason Saab into space.

A season-high 171 metres also came in the same role when the Dragons were pummelled 18-0 to the Warriors in round three.

After starting the season in a fullback battle with Matt Dufty, the Temora product is all but resigned to now making an edge his own.

"Every centre will tell you when you have a bit of space you get some joy or can generate a quick play-the-ball for the next play," Lomax told NRL.com.

"I feel like I'm combining well with Friz [Tyson Frizell] and Normy [Corey Norman] on my edge. I'm feeling confident playing outside them and with Saaby [Jason Saab] he's been good as well."

Since coming into first grade as a teenager in 2018, Lomax has changed positions 10 times.

His past six weeks in the centres has been the longest streak he's put together in one position.

I feel like I'm combining well with Friz [Tyson Frizell] and Normy [Corey Norman] on my edge

Dragons centre Zac Lomax
Lomax is no stranger to the centres, starring for NSW in the under 18s Origin clash before starting for the Dragons in the role during their finals run in 2018.

"I get asked the same question nearly every interview," Lomax said.

"Every player wants to build some consistency. I'm only young coming into the team and still trying to learn as I go.

"Sometimes it's tough to keep moving around but hopefully I can stay in the position and build some combinations with my inside and outside players."

Dragons coach Paul McGregor was left disappointed by the side's senior players in their loss to the Raiders but praised the efforts of Lomax, Matt Dufty and Euan Aitken, who is off-contract at season's end.

However, Lomax expected the coach to be just as hard on the club's inexperienced players in their review this week after a poor first-half showing.

"We're all in it together and are expected to perform, there's no player out there who should perform more than the other, everyone's out there to do a role," he said.

"If the coach didn't think we were up to it we wouldn't be put on the park."

Lomax is expected to overcome a knee complaint after being twisted awkwardly in a tackle late in the loss.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/06/lomax-making-case-for-long-term-stay-at-centre/

Way to go Mary, only 10 positional changes for Zac Lomax since entering first grade.

this type of dribble stunts the growth of junior players and often leads to a loss of confidence.

It’s a testament to Zac that he has stuck at it and is excelling.

He may never be the centre Gitano or Mark Gasnier were, but I feel he will become a gun centre nonetheless.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We see an example of the speed and athleticism of Lomax when Crocker running at top speed was cut down by Lomax who catches him from behind and brings him down with a diving legs tackle that even Gitano in his prime would be proud of.
I enjoyed that. Some of the big tall blokes don’t seem as fast because their legs dont need to spin like a propeller but as far as centres go he’s more than quick enough. Croker seems to have done okay.

Latest posts