What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
So Gareth is it a retired life for you or not

Yes mate been taking it easy - that is if you call leveling out a steep front yard with 3 tier gardens . All done with a spade and mattock and a few blisters . But I shouldn’t complain the area is absolutely beautiful and the town itself is like stepping back into the ‘60s .

As for being the interim coach , I could certainly depart a hell of a lot of knowledge to those young blokes than the present character has , but I would probably be forced to sit in the boardroom every Friday arvo and guzzle Crown Lagers with those clowns who run the show .

No mate, @Gareth67 , will be lacing the boots against Canberra this week.
On the bench. :)

Yes that bring the memories back TruSaint , me running along the sideline with my long flowing mane of red hair , a step here and a chink there . but alas my friend those days have well and truly past . I am now content to watch from the sidelines or the telly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
"Cowboys premiership utility John Asiata is set to quit the club, according to The Courier Mail.

It is believed that three rival clubs have tabled offers to him, including the Gold Coast Titans.

Off-contract at the end of the season, the Titans and St George Illawarra Dragons are reportedly showing the most interest in the 27-year old, while the Raiders are also in the frame.

“I am considering all of my options,” Asiata told The Courier Mail.

“I have enjoyed my time at the Cowboys but I wish to secure the starting No.13 jersey which is currently held by the best forward in the world, so I will look elsewhere to further my career."

redv13

Bench
"Cowboys premiership utility John Asiata is set to quit the club, according to The Courier Mail.

It is believed that three rival clubs have tabled offers to him, including the Gold Coast Titans.

Off-contract at the end of the season, the Titans and St George Illawarra Dragons are reportedly showing the most interest in the 27-year old, while the Raiders are also in the frame.

“I have enjoyed my time at the Cowboys but I wish to secure the starting No.13 jersey which is currently held by the best forward in the world, so I will look elsewhere to further my career."
Cheers for that, much appreciated. Would be a great signing, every time we play the cows he seems to destroy us with ball in hand. Be happy to see him in the red V

RedVDave

First Grade

The only problem I have with John is his surname is dangerously close to the name Anasta.

Como Connection

First Grade
Masters was good but out coached by Ryan who was great. One ref , Chris Mortimer always offside on the play the ball to nullify Oçonnor and of course the full kicks into the in goal. The only benefit there was Burgess performed so well ( didnt make a difference to the result though ) and got a very lucrative deal from Charges or Seagulls ?? that had set him up for life .Great bloke .
FB_IMG_1593675637566.jpg

Reactions: jak

Dragon David

First Grade
The following is on Fox NRL News -
The lowly Bulldogs’ terrible start to the 2020 season has gone from bad to worse after the club confirmed they are investigating a video which surfaced involving star forward Adam Elliott.
In a statement released on Thursday night the club said:

“The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs would like to confirm that they are aware of a video having surfaced involving Adam Elliott. The video relates to something that was filmed at a private gathering five years ago. The club has informed the NRL Integrity Unit of the matter.”

Elliott has been the Bulldogs’ best in an otherwise poor start to their 2020 campaign.

Nothing mentioned as to what it is about but I'm sure that the news will come through later tonight or tomorrow.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The following is on Fox NRL News -
The lowly Bulldogs’ terrible start to the 2020 season has gone from bad to worse after the club confirmed they are investigating a video which surfaced involving star forward Adam Elliott.
In a statement released on Thursday night the club said:

“The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs would like to confirm that they are aware of a video having surfaced involving Adam Elliott. The video relates to something that was filmed at a private gathering five years ago. The club has informed the NRL Integrity Unit of the matter.”

Elliott has been the Bulldogs’ best in an otherwise poor start to their 2020 campaign.

Nothing mentioned as to what it is about but I'm sure that the news will come through later tonight or tomorrow.

I know all about glass houses and our issues with De Belin, but the Bulldogs have turned off field dramas into an art form. Surely the NRL have to appoint an investigator into the 'culture" ( and I use that word very loosely) inside that club.
A shame as I am a fan of Adam Elliott and would have liked him in red and white.

BLM01

First Grade

Not a bad buy either..he made us look pedestrian one night playing 7 when all their origin players were out. Good ball skills.