What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Forbes I see what your saying but clune needs more ball . I think the roosters game he only got about 15 % of the ball from dummy half.
IMO needs to be closer to 50/50or at least 40/ 60.
I have seen clune dominate in CC cup , so I think he can handle the responsibility.
That’s incorrect..

He’s 50/50 with Norman for possessions (43 v 45)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Drop him and Norman to reserve grade and hope they ask for a release, no compensation from the Club.

Promote Sailor to partner Clune and if he does not go well dorp him to reserve grade, he will get the message.

Then try Dufty at 6 and Ramsey at 1. If Dufty does not go well drop him too.

Season 2020 is a write-off so we may as well rid ourselves of the if's and buts. Use the cap space to bring in some quality players who want to play for the big red V.

At the end of the day, they, in most probability, wouldn't ask for a release anyway, even if playing CC. The fact is they would nof receive the same salary/contract they are on now from any other club.
I think Normans contract expires in 2021, but Hunt still has 3yrs (2+ an option).

redv13

Bench
At the end of the day, they, in most probability, wouldn't ask for a release anyway, even if playing CC. The fact is they would nof receive the same salary/contract they are on now from any other club.
I think Normans contract expires in 2021, but Hunt still has 3yrs (2+ an option).
Maybe Saints should make some discreet discussions with the ponies about a swap if Hunt wants to go home and of course if they are interested

possm

Coach
Says a lot about our recruitment department, paying overs for rubbish. Also says a lot about our coach who is incapable of setting high standards.

At the end of hte day player managers and players want to make the best money they can for each contract. Although there is still some time to go on this contract, moving to a new contract from long term reserve grade is a disaster. They will lose more than they gain and the manager will tell them so and try to move them on asap. The value of their contract could halve if they remained in reserve grade.

The failure to understand this fact by Millward and Mary costed us the opportunity to replace Aitken and Lafai which greatly contributed to our poor performances on the field.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Says a lot about our recruitment department, paying overs for rubbish. Also says a lot about our coach who is incapable of setting high standards.

At the end of hte day player managers and players want to make the best money they can for each contract. Although there is still some time to go on this contract, moving to a new contract from long term reserve grade is a disaster. They will lose more than they gain and the manager will tell them so and try to move them on asap. The value of their contract could halve if they remained in reserve grade.

The failure to understand this fact by Millward and Mary costed us the opportunity to replace Aitken and Lafai which greatly contributed to our poor performances on the field.

Hunt is 30 yrs old and nearly 33 when his contract expires.

He ain't going nowhere.

Norman is 29, 30 by the end of next year, and 31 before the start of 2022.

possm

Coach
Maybe Saints should make some discreet discussions with the ponies about a swap if Hunt wants to go home and of course if they are interested
Broncos need cash and not a swap! We have cash and need A Fifita which gives them cash. That is a deal in our best interest.

Jack Bird is the only other player the Broncos want to off-load and I would be interested in taking him on a one year deal (time remaining on his current contract) providing we can do a deal on Fifita. We have the funds to do this deal.

Fifita on a four-year deal to replace Frizell and Bird to left centre for a season with an option in favour of the club.

redv13

Bench
Broncos need cash and not a swap! We have cash and need A Fifita which gives them cash. That is a deal in our best interest.

Jack Bird is the only other player the Broncos want to off-load and I would be interested in taking him on a one year deal (time remaining on his current contract) providing we can do a deal on Fifita. We have the funds to do this deal.

Fifita on a four-year deal to replace Frizell and Bird to left centre for a season with an option in favour of the club.
I wouldn’t take Jack Bird, his body is a mess. Shoulder issue and 2 ACL’s in 2 years. Thanks but no thanks

be55

Juniors
Just listened to Mcdickbreaths coachs preview for the Raiders game and he was commenting on Saabs game last week and to quote this dipshit "I expect Jasons game to improve and these young kids can only do that if you put them out there" well thanks alot scoop maybe if you practiced what you preach we wouldn't have had a congo line of juniors over the last six years and still knocking each other over heading for the exit door...Practice what you preach you peanut...rant over on a better note just heard we are chasing Adam Elliott...yes please...whole hearted player great defender who can hit a hole make it happen dragons...Jesus Christ we supporters could do with some good news....

hazzbeen

Bench
Just listened to Mcdickbreaths coachs preview for the Raiders game and he was commenting on Saabs game last week and to quote this dipshit "I expect Jasons game to improve and these young kids can only do that if you put them out there" well thanks alot scoop maybe if you practiced what you preach we wouldn't have had a congo line of juniors over the last six years and still knocking each other over heading for the exit door...Practice what you preach you peanut...rant over on a better note just heard we are chasing Adam Elliott...yes please...whole hearted player great defender who can hit a hole make it happen dragons...Jesus Christ we supporters could do with some good news....
Mate every time he opens his mouth his neck grows longer....... Total Goose .....

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
So now Mary says we are improving...but we are taking it in small increments....but we are not ready or have landed the killer blow?????
I assume that means if we can win 2 out of 7 that we are on track..as an improvment from 0 out of 4
We had a chance last week to land a killer blow against good opposition and yet again we retreat back to our corner
There is the improvements right there... Roosters scored only 26 and we only lost by 14.
Mediocrity or even worse right there...for the umpteenth time

Yes Mary very good point on how to win.."outwork our opposite and be better than them'..that will do it
I think he said something similar last week

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
team8_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

24-hour warning: Round 8 v Canberra Raiders
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 2 Jul 2020, 06:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 8 clash against the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium on Friday, July 3.

Tim Lafai and Billy Brittain are the first players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

The Dragons are unchanged following their last start loss to the Sydney Roosters last Friday evening, with Korbin Sims formally named on the interchange.

Eddie Blacker has been named in the wider squad for the first time this season otherwise.

Amended NRL squad for Round 8 v Canberra Raiders –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2.Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects

Interchange:
14. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Korbin Sims – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Eddie Blacker
19. Tristan Sailor

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/02/nrl-team-round-8-v-canberra-raiders/

I would drop Norman and start Sailor

If Dufty is going to play as a second five eight, I would drop Hunt as well and blood young Blacker.

I am expecting the Canberra forwards to come out firing.

BLM01

First Grade
I would drop Norman and start Sailor

If Dufty is going to play as a second five eight, I would drop Hunt as well and blood young Blacker.

I am expecting the Canberra forwards to come out firing.
You might get to see EB run out tonight

possm

Coach
Sorry, Adam Elliott is not a like for like with Frizell. We eneed someone like D Fifita as a replacement for Frizell.

Over the last 9 years we have dismantled a premiership-winning squad with a useless back 5 and followed up with dismantling a fop line forward pack with average poorly coached players.

The salary cap is there to recruit marquee players but Millward goes for duds like Norman, Hunt, Aitken, Lafai........... I say go and earn your keep or tender your resignation. It is clear you cannot do your job properly.

Millward and Mary have to go asap.

epDragon62

First Grade
Sounds like he usually does when someone tells him something useful; as if it's his own thought.

be55

Juniors
Sorry, Adam Elliott is not a like for like with Frizell. We eneed someone like D Fifita as a replacement for Frizell.

Over the last 9 years we have dismantled a premiership-winning squad with a useless back 5 and followed up with dismantling a fop line forward pack with average poorly coached players.

The salary cap is there to recruit marquee players but Millward goes for duds like Norman, Hunt, Aitken, Lafai........... I say go and earn your keep or tender your resignation. It is clear you cannot do your job properly.

Millward and Mary have to go asap.
I didn't say Elliot was a like for like replacement for Frizell... I'm the biggest Tyson Frizell fan going round.A like for like replacement for Frizell would be someone like Fifita but I'm also a realist...if you think Fifita is a chance of signing with us you'd probably believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden as well...other than that I agree with everything you say especially the last sentence

Latest posts