What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule changes you'd like to see for next season

Bandwagon

Staff member
If you will allow the sniper to expand their role, can they also be used to take out non players and officials who look like they are going to get in the way of the ball - trainers, streakers, etc.

Poor merkin'll get RSI.

Legion

Juniors
No Ray Warrens in the commentary box.

Warren is so bad that he makes Rex Mossop look good by comparison.
Can't remember players names.
Game goes too fast for him to follow.
Waffles on about irrelevant nonsense during play.
Unable or unwilling to interpret why a penalty is given.
Totally useless AND he's a moron.

How on earth did he ever get the gig?

betcats

Referee

I swear he kept calling Isaac Liu JWH in the gf or one of the semis, I mean wtf they are not similar at all.

LineBall

Juniors

I'd actually rate Mossop in his prime a better commentator than Warren.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would simply ask the coaches to deny egos.

Number the players as they should be

No change, just name them correctly

Section 4-3

LINK

T-Boon

Coach
There should be a libero position like in volleyball.
The libero (meaning "free") should be able to defend anywhere behind the advantage line so could cut off hit ups or mark the best attacking threat....but they cannot touch the ball in attack.

footy75

Bench
Technology being used to overturn dodgy calls. Something like the NFL model where Coaches get two challenges per game if they need them.

T-Boon

Coach
Are people ready to admit the captains challenge has been a big success? It really hasn’t even been used strategically as people feared.

T-Boon

Coach
An incorrect play the ball should not be a penalty but should be the equivalent of a 6again where the penalty is have to play it again and you lose 5 metres.
They have come back into the game in a big way and I have seen 2 tries that should have been disallowed even allowed after the video ref has reviewed. The video ref should automatically check it for every try and they should notify the ref if they see one.

6 players allowed on the bench, but maintain the number of interchanges per game.

HIA the main reason. Teams can be quickly down a number of players through no fault of their own...

If someone gets taken off for HIA, sit them out for the game. Takes care of the player but also would stop the rorting of the free HIA interchange.

Allows for a mix of forwards and some attacking player options on the bench. So the spectacle should at least be maintained, if not improved. Loads of people talk of “fatigue” in the game improving the game quality and this is maintained, or at least counter-balanced by more attacking player options that can come on.

Sphagnum

Coach
I’d like to see a rule that relegates all the qld teams when they are stinking the season up like they are this year.

it devalues the game.

send them to the English super league where the absolute garbage they are dishing up will be acceptable.

Legion

Juniors
6 players allowed on the bench, but maintain the number of interchanges per game.

HIA the main reason. Teams can be quickly down a number of players through no fault of their own...

If someone gets taken off for HIA, sit them out for the game. Takes care of the player but also would stop the rorting of the free HIA interchange.

Allows for a mix of forwards and some attacking player options on the bench. So the spectacle should at least be maintained, if not improved. Loads of people talk of “fatigue” in the game improving the game quality and this is maintained, or at least counter-balanced by more attacking player options that can come on.
Hmm, need to think about that ......

Agree that any player taken off for HIA should sit out the game.

Having 6 players on the bench sounds reasonable in principle [4 interchange + 2 reserves to replace a player who has come off due to HIA] but I can see where that could be rorted.

For example; say the coach isn't happy with how a player is performing or where one is really fatigued after 60-70 minutes of play.
A coach could give orders through a trainer for that player to 'go down' with a head knock so that he could be replaced with a fresh player.

Hmm, need to think about that ......

Agree that any player taken off for HIA should sit out the game.

Having 6 players on the bench sounds reasonable in principle [4 interchange + 2 reserves to replace a player who has come off due to HIA] but I can see where that could be rorted.

For example; say the coach isn't happy with how a player is performing or where one is really fatigued after 60-70 minutes of play.
A coach could give orders through a trainer for that player to 'go down' with a head knock so that he could be replaced with a fresh player.

To requalify... a HIA counts as a replacement. I perhaps should have made that clear/clearer.

Latest posts