What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
One thing about this week is certain, no one wants to be wearing a Storm jersey around Sydney, Brisbane or even Auckland!

Tonight, Storm v Roosters. The GF preview no neutral wants. It might still be worth a watch though.

Raiders v Dragons is interesting, as both sides are agitated. Canberra feel they should be doing better and the Saints feel they're finding some form, but need to string some wins together. There'd be two very angry coaches there too, you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them.

Eels v Cows, can Parramatta win the ones they're supposed to win? Now that they seem to be genuine premiership contenders?

Titans v Sharks. If Johnson goes back-to-back with a blinder then his side should win.

Warriors v Broncos. It's getting truly terrifying at the bottom of the ladder. This one might decide it. I doubt Brisbane have ever 'won' the 'spoon either.

Tigers v Panthers, prime-time Saturday night. My Tigers mate thinks his side will be exposed against a genuine top-four side.

Sea Eagles v Knights. How bad is Manly's injury toll? It seemed to affect them last week.

Dogs v Rabbs, an old skool Sydney scrap, with one side a lot more bloodied than the other. If the Dogs win they'll climb off the bottom of the ladder, replaced by either the aforementioned Warriors or Broncos.

Scott

Bench
Looking forward to seeing how the Roosters adapt without Radley. I like Nat Butcher as a player and suspect he will play a very similar role. They are so well coached.

Blair

Coach
If anyone needs an early laugh for the weekend then watch Big Nelson's knock-on, in about the 33rd minute!

I was in stitches.

Big Marn

Juniors
Storm were $2.95 on the nz tab yesterday at one stage when I was browsing the nrl games. Wont see that value again this season.

Meth

Staff member
Man, that was a game last night

Boyd Cordner had an absolute nightmare of a game.

TheDMC

Bench

He is a tough bastard though, when he mucked up the play the ball, he was somehow still trying to keep going while in cuckoo land after smashing his big nut.

Amazing game, most entertaining I've seen in years.

Meth

Staff member
Would have loved the Roosters to win though. Maybe I'm still a bit bitter after last week, but I still see the Storm as constantly getting the better of the refs.

Blair

Coach

That did sound like a seriously good game last night, that I only watched till halftime, damn it.

I believe Cordner may've been worried about a hammy?

On a lighter note have you guys noticed your pets react to that 'six-again' siren? I mean, when you're at home and the game's on TV or the radio? My one surviving cat really pricks up her ears and looks in the direction of the sound. I don't think she digs it at all!

If 'youse' haven't noticed then pay attention this weekend and report in.

Blair

Coach
Johnson seems to be finding some great form. He was man of the match yesterday in the big win over the Titans.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
In an extremely tough field for dumbest league player ever, Leilua easily qualifies for the grand final. Absolute dog

Meth

Staff member
Pretty explosive finish Manly v Knights. Bradman Best shoved a Manly player in the back in the final seconds. Should have been penalized and Manly get a chance to level the score and go into golden point. For some odd reason, the refs ignored it. Manly were fuming.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can only laugh

Ref knew it was no good, that’s why he sent it to the bunker. You can excuse the refs getting it wrong, but not that flog Maxwell sitting in the bunker. No guarantee the kick would have gone over anyway, but when you add that call to the forward pass call it’s pretty crucial in a tight comp

Not sure how guys can be sent off after full time has been blown as well lol

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Can only laugh

Ref knew it was no good, that’s why he sent it to the bunker. You can excuse the refs getting it wrong, but not that flog Maxwell sitting in the bunker. No guarantee the kick would have gone over anyway, but when you add that call to the forward pass call it’s pretty crucial in a tight comp

Pretty average behavior from AFB and Jturbo tbh. I get it the ref made a mistake, although it happens to every team in almost every game but to chase the officials down like that is pretty poor.

Its almost like what those flogs do in soccer when they get a call against them. Shit look imo.

Positive is that dessie has got em quite competitive without Tommy Turbo. Cade cust looks a star in the making

Blair

Coach
"Gutsy Newcastle outlast fast finishing Manly."

"Rabbitohs bounce back against battling Bulldogs." (leagueunlimited.com).

Rd 8 Ladder:

upload_2020-7-5_22-20-18.png

Interesting to say the least.

You'd think the Roosters would be higher but they lost their first two games, remember. As did the Warriors, whereas the Broncos won their first two!

Look at Manly's f/a!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Pretty average behavior from AFB and Jturbo tbh. I get it the ref made a mistake, although it happens to every team in almost every game but to chase the officials down like that is pretty poor.

Its almost like what those flogs do in soccer when they get a call against them. Shit look imo.

Positive is that dessie has got em quite competitive without Tommy Turbo. Cade cust looks a star in the making

AFB is a flog with no brains, Jake I can let slide because he is so passionate, when they lost last week he was that filthy he wouldn’t look at the camera on the sideline and looked like his dog had died in the sheds post match

Cust, has some very nice touches in him and goes hard, just needs a bit of polish on his passing and kicking game. The loss of Walker and Tom has taken the potency away from the attack, but they keep digging in which is all you can ask. Don’t think Des will try it but id be throwing Albert Hopoate into fullback rather than Garrick

Moment of the weekend for me was Cleary after full time reacting to the Tigers fan

Meth

Staff member
Can only laugh

Was Norrie, wasn't it?

Matua

Bench
So I didn't watch the Roosters v Storm game live, but my mate and the media told me I should watch it. After 40 minutes of pretty average play I was wondering if I had found a stream of an old game by accident.

Then it kicked into gear in the second half. A definite game of two halves where the second was awesome. The Morris twins may look like the missing link and must be pushing 40 but man they can play.

Latest posts