What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lost respect for him when he was on some type of save the planet show years ago .
Basically he was on there telling people to take public transport...car pool ..walk ..ride bikes ..anything but drive because too many cars on road.
Too many exhaust fumes
Yet hes driving round a racetrack continually.belching out shitloads more fumes than the average motorist
Well his plan to save the trees didn’t work out to well for him.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yesterday, I rewatched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" after many years and was reminded just how good not only that movie was but the trilogy as well. It had that unique Spielberg / Lucas magic that has never been surpassed. The dialogue, soundtrack, an underrated Karen Allen, the charm of Harrison Ford....simply brilliant.
My "trilogy" term was used on purpose as "The Crystal Skull" missed the mark in just about every way......terrible film.

PJ

First Grade
Yesterday, I rewatched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" after many years and was reminded just how good not only that movie was but the trilogy as well. It had that unique Spielberg / Lucas magic that has never been surpassed. The dialogue, soundtrack, an underrated Karen Allen, the charm of Harrison Ford....simply brilliant.
My "trilogy" term was used on purpose as "The Crystal Skull" missed the mark in just about every way......terrible film.

Yep, and you can't imagine Indy V will make up for Crystal Skull. Just leave it alone.

Generalzod

Immortal
Speed

Still pretty good 26 years on.

Creepshow

Guilty pleasure I picked up on new release Blu Ray. Pretty dated, corny stuff. However, Stephen King, George A Romero and a who's who of actors make it a solid little outing.

Sixteen Candles.

I still love this film. Molly Ringwald was my first real crush along with Princess Leia. There's some dated things in - the Asian racism of the time for one, and I don't want to get in to the #metoo stuff seen through the prism of today. Watched Weird Science and St Elmo's Fire recently too, and they also suffer from the angst and morals of the 80s. Just Pretty In Pink to go.
Creepshow George Kennedy wooden Indian he was making coming to life, also the crude oil looking thing on the lake...

Generalzod

Immortal
Did you see the documentary about a group of kids who created the movie scene by scene it’s on netflix

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Did you see the documentary about a group of kids who created the movie scene by scene it’s on netflix

No, I'll have to catch up with it.

I saw "The Mechanic" remake with Statham and Ben Foster in it. Foster is such an underrated actor and Statham plays his part well. Not as good as the Charles Bronson original but a pretty damn good movie that got less attention than it deserved.

The sequel was absolute shit though....it was that bad that you shouldn't even give it a go.

Wizardman

First Grade

No, I'll have to catch up with it.

I saw "The Mechanic" remake with Statham and Ben Foster in it. Foster is such an underrated actor and Statham plays his part well. Not as good as the Charles Bronson original but a pretty damn good movie that got less attention than it deserved.

The sequel was absolute shit though....it was that bad that you shouldn't even give it a go.

Pugzley

Hamilton on Disney+

Manly tears.

Now if only Disney bought out Warner Bro’s and showed Harry Potter and the Cursed Child so I don’t have to go to Melbourne with the disease ridden plebs and see it.

nöyd

Staff member
Field of Dreams - 9/10

Kevin Costner sure has belted out some pretty great baseball movies.

Despite being a little lovey-dovey, For Love of the Game is a decent watch, Field of Dreams is brilliant, and Bull Durham is the best of all three, probably my favourite sports movie of all time.

Matua

Bench
Field of Dreams - 9/10

Kevin Costner sure has belted out some pretty great baseball movies.

Despite being a little lovey-dovey, For Love of the Game is a decent watch, Field of Dreams is brilliant, and Bull Durham is the best of all three, probably my favourite sports movie of all time.
Draft Day and Tin Cup, although not baseball, are both decent sports movies of his too.

TBH, I've never been that taken by Bull Durham although I should probably give it a rewatch.

Zoidberg

First Grade
1941. Early Spielberg comedy with the likes of Dan Aykroyd, John Candy and John Belushi.
So bad I couldn’t get more than about 30mins in before turning it off. I don’t think it was received well in 1979 and it hasn’t aged well either.
Also, what the Hell is with the spelling of Aykroyd? I always thought it was Ackroyd!

Latest posts