What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

gitano

Juniors
Ok so my dossier is as follows.

Dufty - Pick him on a sunny day on a dry track, otherwise leave him washing footballs on the sideline. You need a robust fullback. Sets the tone for the entire set.

Saab - May end up like his namesake, the Swedish vehicle maker. Needs to eat and some sort of aggression is needed. Just not threatening at all. Underwhelming.

Lomax - Very very very predictable. A good flick pass, but his right foot step is easier to read than a Hungry Caterpillar book. His goal kicking is a real concern. He's your typical country goal kicker, ergo kick the ball as hard as you can, and pray she goes straight. There's no fine motor there. A real worry. Look at little Flanagan, surgeon-like precision.

Aitken - Outstanding. Left is his side, played well there early doors in his first grade career. So powerful, a mammoth 230 odd metres. Still the best back on our books and was best on ground tonight.

Ravalawa - At least he runs hard. Shocking hands and it's costing us regularly. Saved by having literally no quality replacement available.

Norman - Too slow. The good sides do everything at pace. His style of play completely kills momentum and let's defensive lines reset. Must be dropped.

Clune - Hand him the keys. I rate him. Uses our centres and plays direct. Let him control both sides.

Lawrie - Too small and ineffective for prop, too slow and not enough skill for 13. 'Blocker' may be a fitting nickname if he continues to block a better player's pathway to first grade.

McInnes - Just put him at lock. Lacks finesse but at least has a dig. Along with Aitken wants to win impact and wants collision. Has a pair. Feel sorry for him.

Vaughan - Hardly seen, just a stats player. You'll hear some clueless dweeb pipe up saying how many supercoach points he got. Wow. Surely you expect some form of leadership and aggression from a rep forward. Very sterile. Put a hit on, rush up and whack some f**ker. Look at the size of you for f**k sake. I'd rather he be suspended for 6 weeks for dog shotting someone than to be stat padding.

Frizell - All effort but f**k all skill. Last offload was surely 5 years ago. No game. As a result gets swarmed and is easily handled.

Tyrell - Just not sure.

Merrin - Offloads at least but not NRL quality.

Kerr - Always a loose carry in him.

Sims - Looks small.

Ford - Rate him.

Hunt - Start at 9.

Millward has absolutely shit the bed letting our roster get like this.
Mary trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Get Millward to the presser next week. Ask him what the f**k he's thinking.

We have no skill, but have a proper dig will you. When was the last big hit one of our forwards put on? The last defensive set we bashed a side? The last grab someone by the throat or dog shot because you took something personally?

I'll tell you something I walk off knowing I've bruised f**kers if I lose. We let Canberra march 60 metres a set. Weak as piss.

True_Believer

Juniors
We let Canberra march 60 metres a set. Weak as piss.

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from, but Raiders had 204 AR with 1773 ARM. If you work that out to a 5 tackle set before the kick, they averaged 43.5 per set.

We on the other had had 211 AR with 1926 ARM averaging 45.7 per set.

We dominated them stat wise across the park. It's our game plan that is killing us.

smi962

First Grade
Agree thought our forwards at least matched there forwards. It was their halves and quality of their outside back (wingers especially) that did us. Looked pedestrian in attack despite all that ball in the second half.

This Year?

Immortal
Some absolutely shocking errors as per usual every week which absolutely destroys any confidence you could have in this team.

After that 1st half, I somehow mustered the courage to watch the 2nd half and found myself swiping on my phone. When my eyes wondered to the TV Ravalawa fumbled the dropout and I flew into a tirade that Bellamy would be proud of.
Only after the Raiders worked out there was no way we were going to score 4 converted tries did the Saints bother to take up the challenge.
The missed conversion from Lomax which would have been converted by pretty much any Canterbury Cup standard goalkicker made me want to projectile vomit.
I didn't even cheer the other tries because I was so disappointed with what was dished up in the previous 70 minutes.
I don't know why I would expect anything different from this rabble, but they say hope springs eternal.
Not for us Dragons fans though.

Walpole

Juniors

Dufty - Pick him on a sunny day on a dry track, otherwise leave him washing footballs on the sideline. You need a robust fullback. Sets the tone for the entire set.

Saab - May end up like his namesake, the Swedish vehicle maker. Needs to eat and some sort of aggression is needed. Just not threatening at all. Underwhelming.

Lomax - Very very very predictable. A good flick pass, but his right foot step is easier to read than a Hungry Caterpillar book. His goal kicking is a real concern. He's your typical country goal kicker, ergo kick the ball as hard as you can, and pray she goes straight. There's no fine motor there. A real worry. Look at little Flanagan, surgeon-like precision.

Aitken - Outstanding. Left is his side, played well there early doors in his first grade career. So powerful, a mammoth 230 odd metres. Still the best back on our books and was best on ground tonight.

Ravalawa - At least he runs hard. Shocking hands and it's costing us regularly. Saved by having literally no quality replacement available.

Norman - Too slow. The good sides do everything at pace. His style of play completely kills momentum and let's defensive lines reset. Must be dropped.

Clune - Hand him the keys. I rate him. Uses our centres and plays direct. Let him control both sides.

Lawrie - Too small and ineffective for prop, too slow and not enough skill for 13. 'Blocker' may be a fitting nickname if he continues to block a better player's pathway to first grade.

McInnes - Just put him at lock. Lacks finesse but at least has a dig. Along with Aitken wants to win impact and wants collision. Has a pair. Feel sorry for him.

Vaughan - Hardly seen, just a stats player. You'll hear some clueless dweeb pipe up saying how many supercoach points he got. Wow. Surely you expect some form of leadership and aggression from a rep forward. Very sterile. Put a hit on, rush up and whack some f**ker. Look at the size of you for f**k sake. I'd rather he be suspended for 6 weeks for dog shotting someone than to be stat padding.

Frizell - All effort but f**k all skill. Last offload was surely 5 years ago. No game. As a result gets swarmed and is easily handled.

Tyrell - Just not sure.

Sims - Looks small.

Ford - Rate him.

Hunt - Start at 9.

Mary trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Get Millward to the presser next week. Ask him what the f**k he's thinking.

We have no skill, but have a proper dig will you. When was the last big hit one of our forwards put on? The last defensive set we bashed a side? The last grab someone by the throat or dog shot because you took something personally?

I'll tell you something I walk off knowing I've bruised f**kers if I lose. We let Canberra march 60 metres a set. Weak as piss.
Hilarious. All this just to have a go at Lomax. You just have to accept it - he's not giving your lunch money back.

gitano

Juniors
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from, but Raiders had 204 AR with 1773 ARM. If you work that out to a 5 tackle set before the kick, they averaged 43.5 per set.

We dominated them stat wise across the park. It's our game plan that is killing us.
Read the bit about stats and how nobody that knows rugby league cares. Irrelevant.

hazzbeen

Bench

Tyrell - Just not sure.

Sims - Looks small.

Ford - Rate him.

Hunt - Start at 9.

So you waited all this time , you were not sighted for weeks as Aitken has one good game in about 2 years , then you come out and have a go at Lomax who has only had about 6 games at centre ..... Aitken has had 6 years to prove himself , then you want to have a go at Lomax .... Yea Aikten was good last night it was good to see , and on Dufty bag him all you want but wihout him we have zero attack ..... The whole club needs a clean out and rebuild have wasted another 5 years of nothing ....

BLM01

First Grade

Tyrell - Just not sure.

Sims - Looks small.

Ford - Rate him.

Hunt - Start at 9.

Before you start with criticising Millwood let’s deal with the low percentage winning coach and inability To get a team to play for 80 minutes until then we can judge our players properly
Yet again the injury curse strikes the other team and whilst we in those situations can take some advantage we still can’t take full advantage and just another loss
A lot of what you said is correct but the other is BS

gitano

Juniors

Read the bit about stats and how nobody that knows rugby league cares. Irrelevant.

jeffdragon

Bench
Is this site in meltdown.
It's was harder to get on here than it us for us to be good.
We can't compete with the good teams.
Which is a sad situation as a club.

jeffdragon

Bench
Is this site in meltdown.
It's was harder to get on here than it us for to play well.
We can't compete with the good teams.
Which is a sad situation as a club.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Did our side play better in the second half or did the raiders out the cue in the rack with 20 minutes to go?

We aren’t getting enough metres out of the forwards.

Second week in a row that a half has cut us to pieces through the middle of the ruck.

WTF

We improved that as well.
If we could put 70 mins together it would be great to see.
Can not let a team get a big lead and run them down very often.

Last edited:

Latest posts